The bogus calls by the refs didn't help either. "Hey, the playclock says 0, but lets let Jacksonville have an extra three seconds".

I will agree that there was a little "hometown" refereeing goin' on. You gotta adapt and overcome. Red's take on the Redzone is dead on, and why try to stretch your arms into the endzone when you got 3 defenders around you, and you are gonna fall in anyways ? Rookie mistake on Davis's part, but the guy is still ACES in my book.

Edited by TJones

Yeah, the mistakes in the redzones were bad, but you have to admit, the refs were bad, too. Remember when Fred Bennett (our CB) was headlocked by one of the Jags' WR and it was called DEFENSIVE pass interference? Also, remember when Davis caught the ball and had both knees on the ground (and an elbow), and then a Jag player took the ball from him, and the refs then called it an interception.

Also, remember when Davis caught the ball and had both knees on the ground (and an elbow), and then a Jag player took the ball from him, and the refs then called it an interception.

Yeah, that was a bad one, and they even got to look at it again on instant replay and they STILL blew it.

But I also recall the Texans being down 21 at the time anyway.

It was only the biggest and most hyped game of the season, so it is no surprise that it is the highest rated. Houston has a large contingent of Cowboys fans. It has an even larger contingent of Cowboys haters (myself included). It is only natural that we would watch the game most likely to produce a loss by the Cowboys.

lol. That's funny though. Most Dallas fans outside of the Houston area or even Texas do not know that Texan fans hate the Cowboys so much. I'm a huge Cowboy fan and I don't hate the Texans because there really is no need. I and many other Cowboy fans I know root for the Texans because they are from Texas. Wonder why the hatred is so one-sided. Is it because of the amount of fans in Houston that are Cowboy fans.

There really aren't too many Cowboys fans in Houston. Probably just a little more than the Texan fans in DFW. And please, anytime I talk Texans with Cowboy fans, they start rabbling on about how we suck.

Which is why I exactly said outside of the Houston area. If you do go outside of the Houston area, you will rarely here that from Cowboy fans. I just find it funny how Texan fans have the Cowboys as one of there top rivals yet Cowboy fans do not think of the Texans as rivals at all. In fact, the Texans have the Cowboys as one of their top 5 rivalries while the Cowboys have the Texans outside of the top 10.

This isn't a diss to the Texans because I actually root for them when they aren't playing the Cowboys. But it's still weird yet funny to see the hatred be so one-sided.

Edited by Spades

Which is why I exactly said outside of the Houston area. If you do go outside of the Houston area, you will rarely here that from Cowboy fans. I just find it funny how Texan fans have the Cowboys as one of there top rivals yet Cowboy fans do not think of the Texans as rivals at all. In fact, the Texans have the Cowboys as one of their top 5 rivalries while the Cowboys have the Texans outside of the top 10.

This isn't a diss to the Texans because I actually root for them when they aren't playing the Cowboys. But it's still weird yet funny to see the hatred be so one-sided.

Thats probably because we did not have a team for five years and the Texans and Cowboys do not play that many meaningful games. Im sure if they were in the same division it would be diffrent.

Good game by the Texans. Even though they lost, they appear to be moving closer to respectability. The Titans are just a good team. . .even without Vince Young (oops! can I say that name around here?). AND good teams always find a way to win. Great comeback, though, for the Texans.

Dunta had good coverage. He just failed to knock it down, which of course is the most important part. And I give credit to Collins and the WR who caught it. It was a very nice throw and catch.

I got to go to the game and it was just awesome. The crowd who stuck it out was louder in the 4th quarter than was the crowd when everyone was there. It was pretty amazing.

We have many problems, but it's sad to say that our number one problem is still our O-line. Green isn't bad, he just has no lanes to go through. And until the fourth quarter, ourt QB's had almost no time to throw.

Edited by lockmat

I'm just upset that we've made such little progress. We should be 5-2 right now, not 3-4. I don't know what's going on down on Kirby, but the offense is inconsistent, the defense is subpar, the lines on both sides of the ball are in the bottom quartile of the league. Where is the improvement?

I'm still a fan and I think we can still have success this year, but I'm not nearly as confident as I was in the preseason.

After rallying from 25-points down in just one quarter, you gotta be able to defend the freaking field for the final 57 seconds if you want people to take you seriously. You gotta not just run with the receiver but you gotta knock the ball down. You gotta get a pass rush. You gotta do things that winning teams do. Not only did they allow the Titans to move the ball 60 yards in less than a minute (technically, less than 30 secons if you don't count the 20 or so seconds they allowed to run off the clock before they finally kicked the winning FB), but you allowed them to do it without having to spend a single timeout.

In other words, you failed. Miserably.

It's heartbreaking sure but it's really just a symptom of a bigger problem: not knowing how to win. Until that changes, you'll keep coming up short at best most times.

There are notable and recognizable improvements on this team but they still have to learn how to win more consistently.

The Texans haven't been good enough to have bandwagon fans.

And bandwagon fans, which Dallas has loads of, are the most obnoxious subspecies of human on the planet.

And people who actually display loyalty in spite of losing especially despise bandwagon fans and love to see them brough back to earth so they can wait for the Yankees and the Lakers to start their seasons.

And bandwagon fans, which Dallas has loads of, are the most obnoxious subspecies of human on the planet.

And people who actually display loyalty in spite of losing especially despise bandwagon fans and love to see them brough back to earth so they can wait for the Yankees and the Lakers to start their seasons.

Throw Longhorn fans in there too.

True. The Texans have an even more insidious group following them...Non-fans, who constantly proclaim that the reason they are non-fans is because the Texans refused to draft the QB from their college bandwagon team, a QB so mediocre that he has thrown twice as many interceptions as touchdowns, has thrown more INTs as a percentage of his pass attempts than ANY starting NFL quarterback, and is mired comfortably in the mid-20s or lower in virtually every QB statistic. But, no matter that this QB has led his team to the 28th best passing offense in the NFL, any one cruel enough to mention this fact is immediately branded a hater.

True. The Texans have an even more insidious group following them...Non-fans, who constantly proclaim that the reason they are non-fans is because the Texans refused to draft the QB from their college bandwagon team, a QB so mediocre that he has thrown twice as many interceptions as touchdowns, has thrown more INTs as a percentage of his pass attempts than ANY starting NFL quarterback, and is mired comfortably in the mid-20s or lower in virtually every QB statistic. But, no matter that this QB has led his team to the 28th best passing offense in the NFL, any one cruel enough to mention this fact is immediately branded a hater.

Let's step back a minute. I've been anti Vince Young since the beginning, after all I am an Aggie. However, regardless of his stats, you have to admit that the guy knows how to win. It may be ugly, it may be unorthodox, but the guy can lead a team and win. I would take his "it" factor over many other QBs with better ratings. With Young on the field you just never know what can happen and can never count his team out. And that's hard for me to say.

We didn't really deserve to win the game. We played 3 horrible quarters. Things will get better though. I really feel that this team would've gone 9-7 w/o all the major injuries this year. Oh well. I felt before the season started that we should've seeked a trade for Adrian Peterson by giving up Mario Williams. We should've at least given Dominick Davis a shot in training camp, but he wasn't even invited to camp.

We didn't really deserve to win the game. We played 3 horrible quarters. Things will get better though. I really feel that this team would've gone 9-7 w/o all the major injuries this year. Oh well. I felt before the season started that we should've seeked a trade for Adrian Peterson by giving up Mario Williams. We should've at least given Dominick Davis a shot in training camp, but he wasn't even invited to camp.

Mario for Adrian Peterson is not an equal trade. We would've had to add a LOT to it for that deal to work.