Though not going to the playoffs, are peaking up.

Assuming that's true, if they're not going to the playoffs, what does it matter? Oh, let me guess. . . "it gives fans hope for next year?"

Cowboys back on track again with a 20-13 win over Carolina last night. Don't know if Jessica was there, but hopefully she stays away for the rest of this season.

Yeah, She was there last night. I, personally, dont buy into the whole Jessica Simpson Jinx thing created by the media.

On another note, I hope Green Bay loses today so that we'll have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Texans are really peaking in the first half.....7-24, they can't seem to do anything right, stupid penalties and missed assignments. They have got to get pressure on Manning. They have got to find a way to disguise their defense, the audibles at the line of scrimmage are killing them. Peyton Manning, like it or not is the best play-changer in the game. Manning's professional career has been built on being able to recognize weaknesses in the defenses and shift the play via audibles before the snap. He is chopping the Texans defense to pieces, looks like a high school team out there. Jeez now it's 7-38 somebody call a taxi they're done.

And the way they played today, they never will, jeez that was terrible. Texans really need to start looking at QB's in the draft and a Breakout receiver. I'm on the give Schaub a chance to showcase his ability wagon, they have to look at getting some better backup, and something for down the road, in case Schaub has any further issues with his health. It's only 6 yrs/$48 million if the Texans choose to pay the $10 million dollar option bonus in '09 which would extend his contract three years to 2012.

Otherwise it's 3 yrs/$20 million with an 'out clause' after the '09 season. The Texans structured the contract smartly because the only way Schaub gets that bonus (theoretically at least*) is if he earns it. Staying healthy and on the field in '08 is fundamental to Schaub earning that bonus and kicking in the final three years of his deal. I hope he earns it because it means good things for the Texans.

*Hopefully the Texans administration has learned its lesson with option bonuses for QBs.

They have got to get a Marquee receiver, and possibly a long term running back and some secondary help for sure.

For Sure, Basically speaking the O-line did a fairly good job overall & there was no bad pressure on Sage all day, I can't recall him getting sacked once. His GPS was just way off, and Rosenfels 22/36 233yds 2 TD's 3 INT's, just killed the offense. No ground game to speak of, something 66 yds total, something has got to give soon. The secondary was asleep. Wonder if there was anyway we could get Westbrook from Philly? That guy is a dream. McNabb had a big game. Guess I'll watch to see if Miami can protect the '72 perfect season record of Dolphin greatness of days gone by.

What kind of receiver do you think Andre is?

I really think this could have been a different ball game save for a few key plays. They weren't necessarily huge, but they could have changed the game. For instance, Owens drop on 3rd down conversion, Andre Davis' tipped ball gone for an INT that was catchable, Andres dropped pass in the endzone. These are plays the playoff teams make. They're plays that showed we beat ourselves, not that they beat us on them. They're fixable, which I think shows we have the tools, we just need to be consistent.

Can you imagine Manning with a say Randy Moss to throw to? Manning with a show stopping receive would be many rings in Indy. Houston needs a big time receiver that draws double coverage every time. That will free up other options and slow the blitz down. Like TO hate TO whatever, when he s in the game he draws coverage and attention. It helps Romo get Whitten open more often. Randy Moss, same story, he makes Brady's day a lot easier with just his presence. Schaub has a decent release time and he reads coverage well, it makes up for what he lacks in arm strength. He just needs a show stopper in the routes. The line did a fairly good job today, they need to be recognized for that.

It's just going to take some more key components to make the watch really tick. Draft well and make some trades. If the Texans beat Jax next week, that puts them at 8-8, that's no mans land for them. A five hundred season is improvement, and just a few blown plays from a winning season. Next game could be a big boost for next season.

Can you imagine Manning with a say Randy Moss to throw to? Manning with a show stopping receive would be many rings in Indy.

HUH?

Manning has had fantastic receivers in Indy practically his whole career. Marvin Harrison is no Randy Moss (frankly, only Moss is Moss), but he's been a Top 5 receiver most of his career and draws coverage the same way that Moss does. Reggie Wayne would be a No. 1 receiver on all but a handful of teams. Dallas Clark anyone? Having Edgerrin James or Joseph Addai out of the backfield?? Even his No. 3 for many years, Brandon Stokley, is a solid receiver.

Manning has had the most favorable receiver situation of any quarterback in the league over the past decade, so any statements of "if he only had such and such" ring pretty hollow, certainly when compared to Tom Brady's receivers over the years.

Are you still tipsy over the egg nog? Only Reggie Wayne is in the top 50 (ranked #1 above Randy Moss) Dallas Clark is ranked 59th in the league, Anthony Gonzales is ranked 65th, Ben Utecht is 105th, Joeseph Addai is 109th, Marvin Harrison is ranked 140th in the NFL, Bryan Fletcher is ranked 208th, Devin Aromashodu is 250th, Kenton Keith is ranked 262nd, Aaron Moorehead is 279th, Craphonso Thorpe is 298th, Clifton Dawson is 362nd, Luke Lawton is in a five way tie for 412th.

The Pats have three in the top 50 Moss (#2) and Walker (#15) are in the top 20 in the league, Donte' Stallworth rounds out the top 50. Jabar Gaffney is ranked 85th. Benjamin Watson is 122th, Kevin Faulk is 121st, and so on and so forth.

A surprising number is Houston has 3 receivers in the top 35 in the league. That's a promising number if they can stay healthy elsewhere. Got to get a big game back to help free up the passing game some. Dayne is in his 8th season, and not going to make it much more. Green is in his 19th and he's toast. Jury is still out on Walker. He had a good game against the Colts. The OL has stepped it up well, they are coming together. Just going to take a few key players and the Texans may get in the playoffs.

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

Are you still tipsy over the egg nog? Only Reggie Wayne is in the top 50 (ranked #1 above Randy Moss) Dallas Clark is ranked 59th in the league, Anthony Gonzales is ranked 65th, Ben Utecht is 105th, Joeseph Addai is 109th, Marvin harrison is ranked 140th in the NFL, Bryan Fletcher is ranked 208th, Devin Aromashodu is 250th, Kenton Keith is ranked 262nd, Aaron Moorehead is 279th, Craphonso Thorpe is 298th, Clifton Dawson is 362nd, Luke Lawton is in a five way tie for 412th.

The Pats have three in the top 50 Moss (#2) and Walker (#15) are in the top 20 in the league, Donte' Stallworth rounds out the top 50. Jabar Gaffney is ranked 85th. Benjamin Watson is 122th, Kevin Faulk is 121st, and so on and so forth.

Uhhhh, Mark??

YOU (not I) were talking about "multiple rings," i.e. over several years time, not just THIS season. Indy's receiving corps has been depleted by injuries THIS year, but look back over the past several years (and look at them again NEXT year) and they have always had, and will have again, a top flight group of receivers. Don't pick the ONE year that the Pats have had a better group than the Colts and extrapolate it into a long-term trend. THAT is egg nog thinking, pal.

Sorry I just used the present stats, didn't just choose the worst.

Indy

2006 3 in the top 100

2005 2 in the top 100

2004 3 in the top 100

2003 1 in the top 100

2002 4 in the top 100

Pats

2006 4 in the top 100

2005 4 in the top 100

2004 5 in the top 100

2003 3 in the top 100

2002 4 in the top 100

More Egg Nog Please....................

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

Sorry I just used the present stats, didn't just choose the worst.

Indy

2006 3 in the top 100

2005 2 in the top 100

2004 3 in the top 100

2003 1 in the top 100

2002 4 in the top 100

Pats

2006 4 in the top 100

2005 4 in the top 100

2004 5 in the top 100

2003 3 in the top 100

2002 4 in the top 100

More Egg Nog Please....................

1) To bungle Joseph Stalin (who nmainguy always accused me of being anyway): "Those who make the stats decide nothing, those who interpret them decide everything." You are choosing one stat to define an entire receiving corps for two teams.

Why, exactly, is #100 your dividing line? Is receiver No. 95 in the stats that much better than receiver No. 103?

There is a large difference between No. 1 and No. 100, but in your "rankings" they count the same.

What are you using to decide "top 100?"

2) "Statistics are like a bikini: they reveal much that is interesting, but nothing of importance." If you honestly believe that NFL personnel men would trade Indy's receiving corps from 2002-2006 for the Pats receiving corps from the same time period, then we are going to have to agree to disagree (and I hate egg nog).

Edited by CDeb

No I just chose 100 as the cut off, all the stat for receivers go up to 350 but I just chose 100 as the cut off, you have to draw the line somewhere statistically, 100 is a good round number, you can cut it off at 50 and the trend is going to still be close. My point being Brady has got the better receivers, especially this year, be it injuries, or whatever. Just like this year Romo's receivers have better numbers, is it due to Romo hitting his receivers with a higher percentage rate, sure it has a bearing, how many in the hands balls has TO dropped, it's in double digits I can assure you. As I said earlier, I was surprised by the receiver numbers put up by Houston this year, it shows promise, and they certainly haven't had the QB caliber of a Brady, Romo, or Manning throwing to them. I think it is a good sign. If Schuab comes around and plays to his full potential things could look up for H-Town. Right now I would just lie them to finish 8-8, that would be a first for the franchise and a high point for the season. 500 ball is not a losing season, not a winning one either, but it beats the heck outta what they have been doing.

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

The Cowboys will be dominating the NFC for a few years. Hopefully, they will be playing just like the Patriots for years to come.

Aside from Tony Romo and Jason Witten, the Cowboys will be losing TO, Glenn, and Julius Jones in a few years. The O-Line is getting up there in age, too.

Sorry we missed the playoffs, and we missed it by not beating teams we could and should have, or we had the lead up til the end and blew it. Perhaps next year will be the playoffs, and I feel confident that it will be a distinct possibility. We'll get a couple of more pieces to the puzzle in the draft this next year, and it will be GAME ON !!!

Having 19 starters on IR won't help either (most in the league). Hopefully they stay healthy next season. The Packers, Jaguars, and Steelers were all 8-8 last year. All three of those teams were injured the whole season. Look at what they did this year when healthy.