Having 19 starters on IR won't help either (most in the league). Hopefully they stay healthy next season. The Packers, Jaguars, and Steelers were all 8-8 last year. All three of those teams were injured the whole season. Look at what they did this year when healthy.

Also we were 6-2 @ home w/ one loss to Indy and a close one to Tennessee and 6-2 w/ Andre Johnson the Texans top receiver who missed seven games, and mostly without A. Green. Not bad in my book plus only allowed 22 sacks compared to the last couple of years.

History was made at Texas Stadium Sunday. The NFL's longest playoff losing streaks:

6 N.Y. Giants 1939-1950

6 Cleveland 1969-1985

6 Minnesota 1988-96

6 Detroit 1991-current

6 Seattle 1984-2004

6 Kansas City 1993-current

6 Dallas 1996-current

Yeah that's the same stadium that they set the most consecutive winning seasons in NFL history record, 20 years 1966-1985, and the most Super Bowl appearances in NFL History, 1970, 1971, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1992, 1993, 1995, And (twice) the Most Sacks in one NFL game (12) vs. the Houston Oilers (9-29-1985), vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (11/20/66) (this was actually in the Cotton Bowl back then)

Don't go bashing the Cowboys just because you don't have a lot to cheer about with the Texans. At least make a playoff game before you start bashing another team for losing one, two, six, or eleven. When was the last time a Houston Football team played in a playoff? 1993? And one their first NFL divisional title of any kind (one of only two) in 1991, and 1993 but fell short of going to the Super Bowl. Oh and wait, what happened that year in 1993, oh yeah the Cowboys won their 4th Super Bowl, back to back with 1992. Give it a rest. Spend more of that wasted energy rooting for the Texans, because they are starting to come together, and hopefully in the near future playing for their own division title.

I am a fan of the Texans, I am also a Cowboy fan, had to be because I had a person issue with Bud Adams and Chip Webster, had really nothing to do with the Oilers per-say, just Adams Resources, and business dealings I had had with them. I just could stand watching that pompous SOB sitting up there like he was somebody he wasn't. He was a real POS IMHO. And to this day I don't believe Kenny shot himself. I had breakfast with Kenny that Morning at Field Store, (Susie and he lived 5 minutes from me.) and he seemed perfectly fine to me. He and Bud had been at each other over him talking about moving the Oilers out of Houston. Kenny was on the Board of the Houston Livestock Show, and had a lot of ties to the Astrodome. Kenny was one of the biggest reason why the Rodeo did as well as it does. He brought in a lot more corporate support than it had had in times past. He and Bud had a big falling out over it at the HLS earlier that year. Kenny was going to spill the beans on some of his ole man's underhanded dealings with KSA if his dad didn't give up his campaign to move the team out of Houston. I can't prove it, but I think Bud had something to do with Kenny's death. If you go down to San Antonio today and talk to Susie Q, she will tell you she thinks her ex-father-in-law had him killed. Something was just fishy about the whole deal.

Don't go bashing the Cowboys just because you don't have a lot to cheer about with the Texans.

I've been bashing the cowgirls a lot longer than the Texans have been around, including when I lived there. Few fanbases in sports are as much fun to ridicule. If you count yourself among their fans, you'll just have to suck it up and take it, too, I guess. :lol:

Mark, I for one don't hate the Cowboys because of the Texans lack of playoff appearances. I hate them because of who they are, The Cowboys. They are a team that most either love or hate. it's that simple. I don't think that anyone is making negative comments based on a love for houston, and a hate for Dallas. They just don't like the Cowboys. Of course this sentiment is not only in Houston, but across the country.

I agree with Red. After listening to cryboys fans talking trash about teams that didn't win as many games this year as the cowholes were lucky enuf to win, it's now time to suck it and realize that a 13-3 record dosen't get you any closer to the superbowl than a 8-8 record or even a 3-13 record if you can't make it past your first playoff game. And concidering that the cowplops haven't won a playoff game in 12 years only goes to prove that their 'glory' days are long gone. Long, long gone. In the grand scheme of all things football, this year was a fluke. So suck it.

The history of 'important' football contests (especially ones as old as any the cowfarts ever won) mean about as much today as the history of the 'important' chicken pluckin' contests that took place in a shack somewhere in rural Alabama back in 1922. I'm sure there were trophies and speeches and everything!

If you want to keep up with the times, it's all about the Patriots, Chargers, Giants, and Packers now. The cowpigs are soooo yesterday. Sure, the Texans are a 'never was', but at least they don't have to compete with their own past. At least it's all about the future in Houston, not that sad place one is forced to go in their own mind when they realize that their best years are behind them. That must suck - So suck it up Cryboys.

I guess all the cowgirl fans (you know, that sad collection of losers, lowlifes, and rednecks) are back in 1977 or whatever today. Remember... Remember... find that happy place... Remember... Whatever gets y'all through the next 6 months of finger pointing, cry-baby tear tantrums, and 'what if' scenarios.

What a great day this is today. :) I feel great!

After listening to cryboys fans talking trash about teams that didn't win as many games this year as the cowholes were lucky enuf to win...

That's the heart of why it was so nice to see the Cowgirls lose - their fans. I can't think of any other fan base in any other sport that talks trash the way the Cowgirl fans do. Even stranger is their complete inability to take it when it's done to them.

T.O. was a perfect example of that yesterday. When he's winning - it's all about end zone taunting, signing a football after a touchdown, spitting on other players, and celebration dances. When he looses - he puts on dark glasses and cries like a child.

They are the epitome of sore losers. It's too bad, because it takes the fun out of talking about football with them. For them, there are only two things to discuss in the world of football - talking trash about every other team and their fans - or - bringing up some other team's worse record after a Cowgirl loss.

Sad.

it's now time to suck it and realize that a 13-3 record doesn't get you any closer to the superbowl than a 8-8 record

That's it in a nutshell. The Cowgirls and the Texans - regardless of records - will be watching the Super Bowl on TV.

Too bad for the Cowboys. I can't say that I am surprised by the result, though. They played like the Texans yesterday, and just like the Texans, they'll have to watch the rest of the playoffs at home. The only difference is that the Texans never made the playoffs.

BTW:

New Rule: Before you can make fun of a playoff team for loosing, you have to be from a town that has fielded a playoff team within the last ten years! That pretty much disqualifies everyone in this thread. :lol:

Especially since the Texans have only been around for six years.

:rolleyes:

And no, the Cowboys played like the Cowboys yesterday. Arrogant jackasses (you should have seen the beginning of the game, when for every good play they get up in a Giants players face), getting it handed to them.

This is to you:

Edited by Trae

Too bad for the Cowboys. I can't say that I am surprised by the result, though. They played like the Texans yesterday, and just like the Texans, they'll have to watch the rest of the playoffs at home. The only difference is that the Texans never made the playoffs.

BTW:

New Rule: Before you can make fun of a playoff team for loosing, you have to be from a town that has fielded a playoff team within the last ten years! That pretty much disqualifies everyone in this thread. :lol:

YOU don't make the rules around here Cryboy. But since you love rules, here's a new one for you...

-- Before you can make fun of the home team (in this case our beloved Texans) you must be from a town or fans of a team that hasn't blown their last 6 playoff games. Now go back and join the pity party up in Choke City, I mean Dallas.

The cowboobs blew it big time. Just suck it up. They played like they did in last year's BIG playoff game. It's the true cowgirls doing what they do best - choking under pressure. I would say they are playing very consistantly in the playoffs - like the true losers they are. Last year it was a Romo fumble, this year it was a Romo interception that lost the game - I would say that the Cowblows are very much playing just like themselves. A real pattern is forming. A signature humiliation to end the season. I love it. If the Cowfarts were playing like the Texans, they would have won the last game they played. That's what the Texans did. None of that crying about past failures. "he's my quarterback, boo hoo, wimper, wimper". HA HA HA!

It's probably because the citizens of Dallas are willing to settle for a team that can't handle the big time (just like everything else up that way). O sure they are great at talking the talk, but can't deliver when it counts. Just like every other aspect of "Mini D" it's all BS. Only this time it's on a world stage. Suck it up losers.

Edited by Mister X

They played like the Texans yesterday, and just like the Texans...

We interrupt this cowgirl bashing thread for a fact check.

Fact: The cowgirls did NOT play like the Texans. Whereas the cowgirls lost 3 of their last 4 games, the Texans in fact WON 3 of their last 4 games. 15 yard penalty for intentional incorrect analogy.

We now return you to your previously scheduled cowgirl bashing.

You don't remember the "get your popcorn ready"? He said it at a press conference last year, and it has been a catch-phrase for the Cowboys ever since then.

Oh yeah, I guess I vaguely remember it. I thought it was a spin off of something else he recently said.

The COWBOYS played like the Texans,as in not deserving to be in a playoff game.I still love the COWBOYS.So any former bandwagoneers want to throw your gear away,just give it here.

Oh,and I like the Texans.I root for em ,when they aren't playing against the COWBOYS.I mean how can you not cheer for a team named the Texans and you yourself are a Texan?

That being said,cant none of us talk until we meet in the Super Bowl.See you there!....GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

The 2007 dallass cryboys played like the 2006 dallass cryboys. Only diff is that they were just a little worse, because they lost in their own back yard, right before the eyes of their crying redneck, hillybilly, brain-dead fans. (that was sooo sweet) That teary eyed breakdown after the game was like icing on the cake.

I hope this thread continues on a daily basis for the next 6 months. I love slamming the cowpuffs - and watching others go at it. (Kinky) The 12-year legacy of failures and watching their 'fans' eat crow in the offseason, year after year is downright exhilarating. So I encourage the shrinking cowpoo fan base to keep posting.

The TEXANS may not be superbowl contenders yet, but at least they ended the season on a positive note. At least the didn't talk trash all season about everybody and then watch it all come crashing down in the ONE game that really mattered. The TEXANS have a long way to go, but no matter how disappointed TEXANS fans may have been this season, it can not compare to how the way the cowwimps let their fans down and gave people like me ammunition.

Think of all the dallasites that already bought their airline tickets to the superbowl now trying to find buyers on ebay. HA HA HA HA!

Yes! Let's just keep revisiting this thread over and over for a long long time in honor of the Haifer that brought it back to life back in December.

Yes! Let's just keep revisiting this thread over and over for a long long time in honor of the Haifer that brought it back to life back in December.

Yes,lets!Cuz it was quiet all season long.And it was the COWBOYS that brought it back to life in December.And lets count the "at least's","yets",and "next season's" that Texans fans use.

Yeah that's the same stadium that they set the most consecutive winning seasons in NFL history record, 20 years 1966-1985, and the most Super Bowl appearances in NFL History, 1970, 1971, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1992, 1993, 1995, And (twice) the Most Sacks in one NFL game (12) vs. the Houston Oilers (9-29-1985), vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (11/20/66) (this was actually in the Cotton Bowl back then)

Don't go bashing the Cowboys just because you don't have a lot to cheer about with the Texans. At least make a playoff game before you start bashing another team for losing one, two, six, or eleven. When was the last time a Houston Football team played in a playoff? 1993? And one their first NFL divisional title of any kind (one of only two) in 1991, and 1993 but fell short of going to the Super Bowl. Oh and wait, what happened that year in 1993, oh yeah the Cowboys won their 4th Super Bowl, back to back with 1992. Give it a rest. Spend more of that wasted energy rooting for the Texans, because they are starting to come together, and hopefully in the near future playing for their own division title.

I am a fan of the Texans, I am also a Cowboy fan, had to be because I had a person issue with Bud Adams and Chip Webster, had really nothing to do with the Oilers per-say, just Adams Resources, and business dealings I had had with them. I just could stand watching that pompous SOB sitting up there like he was somebody he wasn't. He was a real POS IMHO. And to this day I don't believe Kenny shot himself. I had breakfast with Kenny that Morning at Field Store, (Susie and he lived 5 minutes from me.) and he seemed perfectly fine to me. He and Bud had been at each other over him talking about moving the Oilers out of Houston. Kenny was on the Board of the Houston Livestock Show, and had a lot of ties to the Astrodome. Kenny was one of the biggest reason why the Rodeo did as well as it does. He brought in a lot more corporate support than it had had in times past. He and Bud had a big falling out over it at the HLS earlier that year. Kenny was going to spill the beans on some of his ole man's underhanded dealings with KSA if his dad didn't give up his campaign to move the team out of Houston. I can't prove it, but I think Bud had something to do with Kenny's death. If you go down to San Antonio today and talk to Susie Q, she will tell you she thinks her ex-father-in-law had him killed. Something was just fishy about the whole deal.

A little testy dude? Here's what the Dallas Morning News has to say :oLink:

That's because no city wants a nickname like Choke City, but it seems we deserve that a lot more these days than our neighbors four hours to the southeast since we're a city that can't figure out how to win a championship.

Do you know how hard that is to admit for someone who grew up in Oak Cliff and has spent nearly all of his adult life in Dallas? It's like an Aggie rooting for a Longhorn

Yes,lets!Cuz it was quiet all season long.And it was the COWBOYS that brought it back to life in December.And lets count the "at least's","yets",and "next season's" that Texans fans use.

dallass fans can cram it and pass the tissue. As far as "at least's","yets",and "next season's" the Cowsht fans have been talking like that decades before the TEXANS were even born. I think the count will be higher when referring to the cowpoles.

Wait a minute, Wasn't December the month that the cowcraps started going downhill. They lost 3 of the last 4 games they played. O well, maybe next season.

There, that's already one "next season" on the cryboys side of the scorecard.

Edited by Mister X

Wait a minute, Wasn't December the month that the cowcraps started going downhill. They lost 3 of the last 4 games they played. O well, maybe next season.

There, that's already one "next season" on the cryboys side of the scorecard.

Thats what I meant, by the COWBOYS bringing the thread back to life in December,because haters had nothing to post about during the rest of the season.

Too bad a December record isnt what determines who goes to the postseason,you guys would be in it every year,huh?O well,maybe next season.

"next season" count:

cryboys?-1

Texans-1

COWBOYS-0..........Super Bowl Championships-5

Thats what I meant, by the COWBOYS bringing the thread back to life in December,because haters had nothing to post about during the rest of the season.

Too bad a December record isnt what determines who goes to the postseason,you guys would be in it every year,huh?O well,maybe next season.

"next season" count:

cryboys?-1

Texans-1

COWBOYS-0..........Super Bowl Championships-5

Actually, this thread was brought back to life in Dec. by a chronic Houston hater and Dallass ass kisser who thought it would be fun to rub it in about the TEXANS disappointing season and gloat about the cryboys optomistic chances of making it to the superbowl.

Well now it is truly time to revisit this thread to discuss and explore the "Cowbobs reeling" part of this thread's heading. At least T.O. was wearing glasses when he had his cry-baby meltdown on national TV.

There, add another "at least" to the cowgirls count.

5 Superbowls didn't mean crap last Sunday. All the fading memories of ancient superbowl victories in the world arn't going to help you now. Just suck it up.