Yeah, the feeling I have now is of a loss. Only smile that came to my face was the game winning FG.

What was up w/ the holding penalties today? gosh. The worst of it was they were all on important or good gains.

Too bad Walter was tripped up on the first play. That would have been a TD most likely.

And I know it's just one game, but I think we need to go w/ offense as our first round pick next year. One of three positions depending on what we do in free agency: OL, WR or RB, while RB and OL being our biggest need. Dayne hits the whole so sloooow. I miss Ahman, b/c like Ronnie Brown did to us today, he falls forward at the end of runs and gets an extra couple yards.

Too bad we don't have our second rounder next year. Hopefully Schaub continues to prove worthy.

Yeah, the feeling I have now is of a loss.

Not to me, it doesn't.

Bad teams lose ugly games. Good teams win them. The old Texans would have blown that game. Part of the slow process from perennial losers to winners is games like today.

Clearly, this team is not good enough to lose good players like Andre Johnson and Ahman Green without it showing. Until they have enough talent and depth to do that, we will have to suffer through wins like this, and worse, losses like last week. But, they are 3-2 for the first time ever, so I'll take it.

Travis Johnson just got the worst player in the NFL award on Sunday Night Football, but I don't blame him for what he did. If you watched the play, you would see that Trent Green hit Travis Johnson in the knees on purpose. It was a cheap shot (chop block, too). Dumbass move on Green's part. Travis Johnson did a complete flip in the air (he is 300 pounds mind you), and right when he got up, he started yelling at Green. He was walking past him when he was yelling, too. He was only yelling at Green for about two seconds. Do you think that if Green was not injured, that that "taunting" penalty would have been called? Hell no! Also, I would be pissed off if someone came in and hit me on my knees all of a sudden. TJ was just on IR last year with a knee injury. He is trying to prove himself this year, and what Green did could have cut his leg in half. The media is just all on Green's side because he is a media-favorite white QB.

Travis Johnson just got the worst player in the NFL award on Sunday Night Football, but I don't blame him for what he did. If you watched the play, you would see that Trent Green hit Travis Johnson in the knees on purpose. It was a cheap shot (chop block, too). Dumbass move on Green's part. Travis Johnson did a complete flip in the air (he is 300 pounds mind you), and right when he got up, he started yelling at Green. He was walking past him when he was yelling, too. He was only yelling at Green for about two seconds. Do you think that if Green was not injured, that that "taunting" penalty would have been called? Hell no! Also, I would be pissed off if someone came in and hit me on my knees all of a sudden. TJ was just on IR last year with a knee injury. He is trying to prove himself this year, and what Green did could have cut his leg in half. The media is just all on Green's side because he is a media-favorite white QB.

Of course Green did that on purpose, but not to hurt him. That was a perfectly legal block and guys do it all the time. And I don't think the ref knew the severity of the injury when he threw the flag. Johnson really was all over green yelling at him and the penalty was probably justified. And I don't think Johnson knew the severity of his injury either. He probably just thought he was slow getting up. Had he known he was hurt that bad, I doubt he would have been taunting him like he was.

Not to me, it doesn't.

Bad teams lose ugly games. Good teams win them. The old Texans would have blown that game. Part of the slow process from perennial losers to winners is games like today.

Clearly, this team is not good enough to lose good players like Andre Johnson and Ahman Green without it showing. Until they have enough talent and depth to do that, we will have to suffer through wins like this, and worse, losses like last week. But, they are 3-2 for the first time ever, so I'll take it.

I'll take it too, and I understand your point.

It's just that the entire game felt like a loss right up until the last seconds. I'm frustrated b/c I know we're better than that. I understand we have to win some ugly games too, but for the past three games we have progressively gotten worse. We're making mental mistakes and that's just frustrating.

I have faith we'll turn it around and start getting better again instead of worse. And there were some bright spots in the game.

We just need to find a way to create some bigger wholes for our RB's and get a few extra yards on each carry. I know it's forcing Kubiak to throw way more than he wants to.

As a side note, what did y'all think about Mario's sack? That's pretty sick the way he slung him down while falling down himself.

And it was a one handed sack by Mario!

Of course Green did that on purpose, but not to hurt him. That was a perfectly legal block and guys do it all the time. And I don't think the ref knew the severity of the injury when he threw the flag. Johnson really was all over green yelling at him and the penalty was probably justified. And I don't think Johnson knew the severity of his injury either. He probably just thought he was slow getting up. Had he known he was hurt that bad, I doubt he would have been taunting him like he was.
Okay, I timed the time from when Johnson got up, yelled at Green, and walked away. A total time of about three seconds. Edited by Trae

And it was a one handed sack by Mario!

Okay, I timed the time from when Johnson got up, yelled at Green, and walked away. A total time of about three seconds.

So are you saying Johnson knew he was hurt really bad yet taunted him anyway?

Interesting blog about Travis Johnsons tyraid on chron:

http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/

Edited by lockmat

No, I am saying TJ didn't know he was hurt badly until he walked away could start seeing what was happening. I didn't even know Green was seriously injured. At first he was just crouched up and I thought he would get up.

No, I am saying TJ didn't know he was hurt badly until he walked away could start seeing what was happening. I didn't even know Green was seriously injured. At first he was just crouched up and I thought he would get up.

Personally, I immediately thought he was seriously injured. He was totally motionless. But Johnson, being in the heat of the battle, may not have noticed.

I'm still baffled as to how a knee to the head could create such a reaction such as the flip by Johnson. Pretty amazing.

Since when is Trent Green a media favorite? And why does it matter that he's white?!? Come on Trae, I've been reading your posts for a long time and that doesn't sound like you. Hopefully you're just emotional.

I agree that TJ probably wouldn't have been called for taunting if TG wasn't injured, in fact TG might have gotten flagged the way TJ flipped in the air. However, the ref could see that TG was lying there motionless and he could hear what was being said. It's unfortunate but could have all been avoided if TJ had simply walked away. He needs to think team first. Yes, TG shouldn't have made the chop block, but TJ didn't have to start jawin' either.

Since when is Trent Green a media favorite? And why does it matter that he's white?!? Come on Trae, I've been reading your posts for a long time and that doesn't sound like you. Hopefully you're just emotional.

I agree that TJ probably wouldn't have been called for taunting if TG wasn't injured, in fact TG might have gotten flagged the way TJ flipped in the air. However, the ref could see that TG was lying there motionless and he could hear what was being said. It's unfortunate but could have all been avoided if TJ had simply walked away. He needs to think team first. Yes, TG shouldn't have made the chop block, but TJ didn't have to start jawin' either.

I think everyone in the stands actually missed TJ getting flipped in the air by TG, because everyone had just witnessed Faggins getting "welcomed to the NFL" by a brickwall.They never showed the replay to us either. Nobody around me saw Trent go down like that, and the play happened right in front of me, and when the smoke cleared on that play, everyone around was like, "what happened to that guy ?" There were some real wrecks going around on that field yesterday. Both teams were playing very hard for the win.

Edited by TJones

Interesting article about the rating last Sunday. Are there still that many Cowboy fans in Houston?

Cowboys-Patriots a big hit on CBS

02:57 PM CDT on Monday, October 15, 2007

By BARRY HORN / The Dallas Morning News

bhorn@dallasnews.com

Sunday's Dallas Cowboys-New England Patriots game was the highest-rated regular-season game on CBS since the network reacquired NFL rights in 1998, according to preliminary ratings released Monday.

The game scored an 18.5 rating in the 56 largest TV markets across the country. Final national ratings will be available Tuesday.

The previous record for a CBS game was a 16.9 on Dec. 6, 1998, when the Denver Broncos extended their unbeaten record to 13-0 by defeating the Kansas City Chiefs, 35-31.

Thus far this season, the Cowboys have played in the highest-rated game on CBS, NBC and ESPN. Their victory over the Bills on ESPN last Monday night was the highest-rated program on cable all season.

Dallas-Fort Worth produced the highest ratings for the Cowboys-Patriots, narrowly topping the Boston market, 37.0 to 36.5.

In Houston, the Cowboys-Patriots pulled a 17.5 rating in the second game of a doubleheader, topping the hometown Texans-Jacksonville Jaguars noon game, which earned a 16.7.

It was only the biggest and most hyped game of the season, so it is no surprise that it is the highest rated. Houston has a large contingent of Cowboys fans. It has an even larger contingent of Cowboys haters (myself included). It is only natural that we would watch the game most likely to produce a loss by the Cowboys.

There are just as many ANTI-Cowpie fans as there are actual fans in this town, that is a contributing factor to the big ratings. I will quote the "Real Men of Genius" Budweiser guys. "Houston has two favorite football teams, the Texans, and ANYONE who beats Dallas!"

It was only the biggest and most hyped game of the season, so it is no surprise that it is the highest rated.

Yeah, I was at the game and thought we had them in the 3rd quarter when we were up 24-21. Hopefully we will see them again in Arizona.

Yeah, I was at the game and thought we had them in the 3rd quarter when we were up 24-21. Hopefully we will see them again in Arizona.

You never had the Patriots. Even being ahead of them, you just knew the Cowboys would still lose.

I like Schaub too, but the Texans' inability to convert in the Red Zone is killing them. Consider that they had a chance to be up 21-0. That would have changed everything. The defense would have been all over the place, instead of constantly on their heels. The offense would have been able to take more chances too. No Red Zone offense equals loss number 3.