Carr Takes Shot at the Texans!

CARR TAKES SHOT AT TEXANS

Former Texans quarterback David Carr, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft and the first draft pick in franchise history, is happy to be with the Panthers, even as a backup.

And Carr is making it known that he's glad he's out of Houston.

"I've been on an expansion team and it's not fun,'' Carr said. "I've been on teams that aren't winning and it wasn't exciting. Football is a hard enough game when you go out there and you're battling everything and you go out and lose it makes it hard. I wanted to be on a team that was fun and exciting and whether I had a chance to play right away, it didn't matter to me.''

Carr also took a backhanded swipe at the Swiss cheese offensive lines that protected him in Houston: "If I learned anything in the last five years, that's where football games are won and lost," he said.

"I need to take a deep breath and be around a good environment and just start enjoying the game again,'' Carr said. "In the last week or two, it's brought back a lot of excitement that I had when I was younger."

Apparently, the fact that Carr was the starting quarterback for each of the Texans' first five seasons played no part in the team's sruggles.

More:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2836486

Edited by Trae

I've worked with Carr in several advertising productions and I have to say he is the most un-celebrity-like pro athlete I've ever met. I absolutely don't mean this as a compliment, either.

He just had this 1000-yard stare that said there wasn't much going on upstairs. He had no swagger whatsoever. At charity events in his name, he didn't mingle or work to endear himself to the sponsors. He had everything given to him -- all he had to do was step up and take it.

The guy just isn't very bright and lacks leadership chops. That's a liability in his position, regardless of his natural talent.

I'm glad to see him go. It's a credit to Mr. McNair and the Texans' sense of loyalty that it took this long.

Edited by dalparadise

The Texans have mention, "If Adrian Peterson drops to 10, they will not pass up that type of talent."

I would hope not, I think they would be better off moving up to #2 and trading with detroit, because detroit wants out of the #2 slot, and this way they can get joe thomas, but if they stay at 10 I think they have a good shot at AP.

Gary Kubiak in the April 9, 2007 issue of Sports Illustrated demonstrated a non-rantish frankness about the Texans playoff chances that isn't often seen in coaching ranks:

"Our supporting cast isn't good enough right now, and we're not going to put everything on [quarterback] Matt [schaub]. We feel good about our recent drafts and our offseason moves, but we still need a couple more drafts and off seasons before we're a playoff caliber team. We see Matt as one piece of the puzzle."

Gary Kubiak in the April 9, 2007 issue of Sports Illustrated demonstrated a non-rantish frankness about the Texans playoff chances that isn't often seen in coaching ranks:

"Our supporting cast isn't good enough right now, and we're not going to put everything on [quarterback] Matt [schaub]. We feel good about our recent drafts and our offseason moves, but we still need a couple more drafts and off seasons before we're a playoff caliber team. We see Matt as one piece of the puzzle."

1 piece out of about 15 they need.

I would hope not, I think they would be better off moving up to #2 and trading with detroit, because detroit wants out of the #2 slot, and this way they can get joe thomas, but if they stay at 10 I think they have a good shot at AP.

What do we have to give to move up? Future draft picks?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Texans just signed former A&M Aggie, Bethel Johnson to the already tight receiver corps. Johnson struggled to develop himself as an offensive threat with the Patriots, though, and was traded to New Orleans in 2006. He was cut by the Saints before the regular season started. Johnson spent last season with the Vikings.

Johnson signed a one-year deal with the Eagles in March, but was released in June.

I just hope he contribute something this year as a Texan.

• 2 weeks later...
Texans just signed veteran WR Keenan McCardell and P Matt Turk. They have released several others.

this is unconfirmed and now denied by McCardell. they did sign the punter though.

per rotoworld.com

Texans released RB Darius Walker, FB Cory Anderson, G Atlas Herrion, C Enoka Lucas, CB Derrick Roberson, P Eric Wilbur, and LB Zac Woodfin.

Texans signed P Matt Turk.

Edited by westguy76

• 4 weeks later...

GREAT GAME! The past four years they always said this will be the season and this time it might be true. Atlanta let go of a good QB. AJ80 now has a QB he can work with. He has been our best player ever since he came and now he can be the star that he is in the NFL. Only thing better than a Cowboys vs Texans imo is Mavs vs Rockets. Houston might be a true sports city this year. :D

That was a good game especially the first punt, but we still have a long way's to go to catch up with the Cowpies.

4oue6a8.jpg

Edited by Marty

Misty water colored memories. I guess the Cowpies fans will be living in the past this week. They may have a dismal week and season ahead of them but there's always some old scratchy NFL movies they can watch from 30 years ago.

BTW, that's real fair. Compare a 47 year old team and their record against a 5 year old team why don't you. I'll be impressed with that photo once the Texans have been around awhile, in say, about 42 more years. If the Texans don't have 5 superbowl trophies by then... you win.

However none of the crap in that photo helped out the cowpukes last night. It's too bad for the cow-holes that old trophies don't put points on the scoreboard. In fact, if anything looking at old tarnished trophies makes losing even more painful. I mean, just look how far they have fallen from those old old old glory days. Just look how low they have sunk. Tisk, tisk.

Yes, I'm milkin' it. As a Texans supporter, one has to make the most of weeks like this. So expect lots more. Gotta make the most of it while I can. >:)

Misty water colored memories. I guess the Cowpies fans will be living in the past this week. They may have a dismal week and season ahead of them but there's always some old scratchy NFL movies they can watch from 30 years ago.

BTW, that's real fair. Compare a 47 year old team and their record against a 5 year old team why don't you. I'll be impressed with that photo once the Texans have been around awhile, in say, about 42 more years. If the Texans don't have 5 superbowl trophies by then... you win.

However none of the crap in that photo helped out the cowpukes last night. It's too bad for the cow-holes that old trophies don't put points on the scoreboard. In fact, if anything looking at old tarnished trophies makes losing even more painful. I mean, just look how far they have fallen from those old old old glory days. Just look how low they have sunk. Tisk, tisk.

Yes, I'm milkin' it. As a Texans supporter, one has to make the most of weeks like this. So expect lots more. Gotta make the most of it while I can. >:)

I'll be 59 by then (42 years). Hopefully I will be able to speak to my little grandkids about the Texans championships.

• 2 weeks later...