A lot are comparing Schaub to Jake Delhomme of a few years ago. Jake was traded to Carolina from New Orleans, and ended up going to a Super Bowl to years later. From that team, Delhomme=Schaub, Julius Peppers=Mario Williams, Steve Smith=Andre Johnson.

A lot are comparing Schaub to Jake Delhomme of a few years ago. Jake was traded to Carolina from New Orleans, and ended up going to a Super Bowl to years later. From that team, Delhomme=Schaub, Julius Peppers=Mario Williams, Steve Smith=Andre Johnson.

Yeah, they were comparing him to Hassleback too.

I would take a Hassleback or Delhomme anyday, too.

If the Texans are able to pull off a trade, Carr for Moss wouldn't be even. If anything, I say if he's traded for something other than a draft pick, look into OT, DE, or someone that can do some blocking, then use the draft to focus on WR or RB.

I hope if Carr is traded, we get some of our draft picks back. Otherwise, they should have just traded Schaub for Carr straight up.

Also, there's no way the Texans are stupid enough to waive Carr for nothing in return. That would be even dumber then last year's draft.

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

I hope if Carr is traded, we get some of our draft picks back. Otherwise, they should have just traded Schaub for Carr straight up.

Also, there's no way the Texans are stupid enough to waive Carr for nothing in return. That would be even dumber then last year's draft.

Number one, it's all over the radio that when Carr is traded that the best they can do is get a late first DAY pick. So we won't even get close to getting those draft picks. No way we're going to get even one second round pick out of him. It would a friggin steal if we got a third round pick out of someone.

And it's very possible that he could be cut, and it's for salary cap issues. There are always notable players who are flat out cut, and this is not an exception. It's possible, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Actually no. A lot in Oakland want Carr. There have been talks for a second and third from Oakland, or Randy Moss and a Carr trade straigh up.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/raiderfans...ade-heaven.html

And they just reported on NFL Network that Minnesota, Tampa, and Oakland are interested in Carr.

Edited by Trae

Actually no. A lot in Oakland want Carr. There have been talks for a second and third from Oakland, or Randy Moss and a Carr trade straigh up.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/raiderfans...ade-heaven.html

And they just reported on NFL Network that Minnesota, Tampa, and Oakland are interested in Carr.

It looks to me like right now, people are saying the same thing about Carr and Schaub; that they both have lots of potential. The Texans better play smart and get a LOT back for Carr if they get rid of him. Don't play desperate.

The Texans do not have much leverage when trading for Carr. Think about it, they got Schaub before they traded Carr. Now, other teams know the Texans are trying to unload Carr quickly. The longer the Texans wait, the more favorable it will be for other teams to leverage against the Texans. The Texans will be really lucky if they can get a 2nd round pick for him. They might end releasing him or trading him for virtually nothing.

It looks to me like right now, people are saying the same thing about Carr and Schaub; that they both have lots of potential. The Texans better play smart and get a LOT back for Carr if they get rid of him. Don't play desperate.

Didn't Tampa Bay just acquire Jeff Garcia? Schaub has a lot more potential than Carr. I only say that b/c Carr has proven by his play on the field that he can't get it done most of the time. Schaub hasn't had the chance, so that's why he actually has potential.

Edited by lockmat

Hate to say this but, I'm going to miss David as well.

Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith said that QB David Carr will be traded as soon as Thursday, March 22.

Miami Dolphins reports that they may go after Houston Texans QB David Carr, who is available since the Texans traded for QB Matt Schaub.

Matt Schaub signed a six year deal for $48 million.

Edited by houstonsemipro

If the Texans are able to pull off a trade, Carr for Moss wouldn't be even. If anything, I say if he's traded for something other than a draft pick, look into OT, DE, or someone that can do some blocking, then use the draft to focus on WR or RB.

By signing Schaub, the Texans told the league that we won't be keeping Carr. Now that the other teams know that, they'd be stupid to trade for him when they can simply wait for him to be waived. If we get anything out of Carr, it will be next to nothing.

By signing Schaub, the Texans told the league that we won't be keeping Carr. Now that the other teams know that, they'd be stupid to trade for him when they can simply wait for him to be waived. If we get anything out of Carr, it will be next to nothing.

If more than one team is interested in him, than this would not necessarily be the case. If he is let go on waivers, anyone can have him. Via trade, a team can guarantee getting him. Like everything else, it depends on how much a team wants or needs him, and how much the Texans demand for him.

Ahman (Green) knew we were going Matt Schaub a long time ago. I'm sure Kubiak told him so when the pitch was made to Ahman, and I am sure that Ahman personally met with Matt to let him know that the blitz is going to be picked up come hell or high water...that stuff goes a long way to making sure you seal the deal with a guy who's going to be the new tackling dummy in Houston. Kubiak utilized Plummer to talk to Matt. Utilized Ahman to talk to Matt. Had a round of golf with him. Had three former Atlanta coaches discuss Matt on an evaluatory level. Sounds as if the FO has done its homework...yet this is being described as a gamble. I think it's the best gamble we've made yet.

I only say that b/c Carr has proven by his play on the field that he can't get it done most of the time.

Carr was never allowed by the Texans to prove anything. If we keep the same OL we had last year, Schaub will not have the chance to prove anything either. They have to become a playoff team this year to prove Schaub was worth two draft picks, a drop in the 1st round, and the 1st pick in the draft 5 years ago.

We better get some draft picks back for Carr, and use it on OL.

Carr was never allowed by the Texans to prove anything. If we keep the same OL we had last year, Schaub will not have the chance to prove anything either. They have to become a playoff team this year to prove Schaub was worth two draft picks, a drop in the 1st round, and the 1st pick in the draft 5 years ago.

We better get some draft picks back for Carr, and use it on OL.

True that we didn't give him much of a chance. But I'm convinced that a better QB could have done better with what we had. Managment definitely could have given him more to work with.

And funny how we all think the O-line is horrible. It's not a first class line, but its better than we think. The guys on the radio were mentioning how NFL people actually respect our line and think it has talent.

But I have faith that Richard Smith will do a good job in the draft, no matter what we get in the first couple rounds.

What the hell are you all talking about? Carr had five years. Our O-Line committed only 28 sacks last season. The rest were Carr's fault. Schaub is a real upgrade over Carr. Can't believe you all can't see it.

What the hell are you all talking about? Carr had five years. Our O-Line committed only 28 sacks last season. The rest were Carr's fault. Schaub is a real upgrade over Carr. Can't believe you all can't see it.

I think we all agree on one thing: David Carr and the Texans O-Line of years past were not compatible. 28 sacks is still a lot. Yeah, it doesn't compare to the season before where Carr saw more sacks than every CVS in Houston combined, but still. And besides, the whole teams has had 5 years, not just Carr. It doesn't matter if you change QB or not; there's still other positions that need to be addressed in order to make the Texans a playoff team, that's all. They're getting there, but they're not there.

Schaub looked good subbing those games for Vick. Perhaps he could be the the 2007 Tony Romo without the happy ending he gave the Cowboys in the playoffs. The dude looks like he will be a good starter (great one if he and Kubiak are as good as we all hope they are), and perhaps it's good that only the Texans and Schaub know how he's good and no one else.

My way of knowing the Texans know what they're doing is how they handle the Carr situation. If they trade him, getting something good and reasonable in return, they have a lot of promise off-the-field. If they however WAIVE the QB for nothing in return, and Carr ends up taking another team into playoff contention while Schaub ends up 6-10, that team will have more eggs on their face than they did when V. Young beat us in Reliant.

I told y'all all we needed was another QB. They mention Carr wasn't no leader, he was a loner, didn't even treat his O-line out.

They've said his entire career that he was a loner. That's not news. And who says he's supposed to take his lineman out? Just b/c it's a tradition or something?

Athletes always talk about how even though they may not get along off the field, it's what they do on the field that matters. Why is this situation so different?

They've said his entire career that he was a loner. That's not news. And who says he's supposed to take his lineman out? Just b/c it's a tradition or something?

Athletes always talk about how even though they may not get along off the field, it's what they do on the field that matters. Why is this situation so different?

Lockmat, I hate to differ with you on this matter of "taking care of your linemen". It's not just tradition, it is part of your job security. The O-line gets paid peanuts compared to what Carr is making, and these are his personal bodyguards. You treat them right, and they will defend you to the last, that is their job. You take those 5 guys out for a nice Steak at Vic & Anthony's, you buy them each a Rolex with the easy money you just made for doing that 30 second HEB commercial. It's the little things like THAT, that give you job security. I am not saying have them all over every Sunday for a pool party, or even for Christmas, just a little token that says, "Thanks for keeping ME healthy so I can play on Sundays."

Lockmat, I hate to differ with you on this matter of "taking care of your linemen". It's not just tradition, it is part of your job security. The O-line gets paid peanuts compared to what Carr is making, and these are his personal bodyguards. You treat them right, and they will defend you to the last, that is their job. You take those 5 guys out for a nice Steak at Vic & Anthony's, you buy them each a Rolex with the easy money you just made for doing that 30 second HEB commercial. It's the little things like THAT, that give you job security. I am not saying have them all over every Sunday for a pool party, or even for Christmas, just a little token that says, "Thanks for keeping ME healthy so I can play on Sundays."

Haha, Rolaids.

I see where you're coming from though. But I would also say that an O-lineman shouldn't necessarily expect that. Salary shouldn't matter. If they are true professionals, you work hard and do your job regardless of what anyone else around you is doing. Maybe my boss is a bad boss, I don't know. But I don't expect him to treat me for doing all the little things that helps him and the organization look good. That's what I get paid for, with money.

I mean, should he take all the wideouts out to dinner? What about the RB? Should he take the O-lineman out too? B/c we all know, it's nice to have a good RB, but in almost all circumstances, a RB isn't anything w/o their lineman.

Football is the biggest team sport there is. If one person messes up, the whole entire play could be a flop. If anything, everyone should be taking turns treating each other to steaks.

So yeah, I understand your point and how the NFL works, I just don't necessarily agree with it.

You nailed it right on the head, TJones! I might wanna take you out to Vic & Anthony's one of these days, lol!

That's how Emmitt Smith was so great, cause he treated his linemen out, and placed Rolex watches in each of his linemen lockers.