What!? Dayne signed with the Eagles? What the hell Kubiak and Rick Smith are thinking? It pretty much sounds like another Charile and Dom Capers relationship all over again.

I like Ron Dayne, I was pullin for him all year, but I won't shed a tear over him leaving. Too many other running backs just as good as him out there, with probably a little more skill than just a powerback. NOT a huge loss for the Texans. I hate to see him go though, I like Ron.

I like Ron Dayne, I was pullin for him all year, but I won't shed a tear over him leaving. Too many other running backs just as good as him out there, with probably a little more skill than just a powerback. NOT a huge loss for the Texans. I hate to see him go though, I like Ron.

I agree. Besides, Amman Green is supposed to be better at the position.

Apparently that news about Ron Dayne signing with the Eagles was a false report.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4638490.html

The Texans re-signed veteran running back Ron Dayne on Friday. He will return for his second season with the Texans as a situational back. Newly acquired free agent Ahman Green is slated to be the starter.

Dayne, 29, started six games for the Texans last season and finished with 612 rushing yards and five touchdowns.

We'll still take Peterson if available. Gado and Lundy are expendable and we don't know the details of Dayne's contract yet. If he was signed as a situational back, which the Chronicle said was the case, he could be cut during training camp if we get Peterson.

Edited by Trae

Apparently that news about Ron Dayne signing with the Eagles was a false report.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4638490.html

The Texans re-signed veteran running back Ron Dayne on Friday. He will return for his second season with the Texans as a situational back. Newly acquired free agent Ahman Green is slated to be the starter.

Dayne, 29, started six games for the Texans last season and finished with 612 rushing yards and five touchdowns.

We'll still take Peterson if available. Gado and Lundy are expendable and we don't know the details of Dayne's contract yet. If he was signed as a situational back, which the Chronicle said was the case, he could be cut during training camp if we get Peterson.

Once again, that's great news. That's the kind of depth the Texans need. Keep it up :)

Well, I just try my best to keep up with the Texans. But, I'am glad they getting more depth on the roster.

I agree. Another good offseason move by the Texans. Him with Ryans and Clark competing with the other veteran Texans should make for a hell of a defensive improvement. They knew depth was an issue, and they seem to be addressing it quite nicely. I hope the DL improves as well before the season starts. Williams is good, but he'll need another lineman to step up and distract opponents. Williams could be a real disruption if he recieved single-man coverage this season. He was double-teamed a lot last year, limiting his abilities.

The big question is... What they going to do about a wide-out? They cut Eric Moulds. They may wait until the draft to pick up a wide receiver?

I agree part 2 :) A star reciever or two for the Texans on draftday wouldn't hurt...

I'm guessing the Texans will pick a WR, S or a QB in the 1st round. Calvin Johnson, is the #1 wide receiver, but he might be gone before the 8th. The 2nd best wide receiver is Dwayne Bowe (LSU), Texans could grab him.

For a Safey? The best one I'm hearing is LaRon Landry (LSU). QB? Brady Qiunn.

Rick Smith said that since they have Ahman Green from free agent, they wouldn't proceed on getting a RB in the draft. But, if Adrian Peterson falls at #8 they will get him instead, because they figure that he's a franchise back.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4649552.html

It looks like the Texans are heavily pursuing QB Matt Schaub. The Chronicle seems pretty adamant that the Texans should give up on Carr, and according to the article, the asking price for Schaub may be a 1st AND 3rd round pick. Sounds like a bad deal, but if they figure a more reasonable trade, Schaub may be a Texans by weeks end. (Something more reasonable would be Carr for Schaub and a draft pick)

Also, would Schaub coming have to mean that Carr had to be traded? If both were on the Texans, that could also be very strong in depth.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4649552.html

It looks like the Texans are heavily pursuing QB Matt Schaub. The Chronicle seems pretty adamant that the Texans should give up on Carr, and according to the article, the asking price for Schaub may be a 1st AND 3rd round pick. Sounds like a bad deal, but if they figure a more reasonable trade, Schaub may be a Texans by weeks end. (Something more reasonable would be Carr for Schaub and a draft pick)

Also, would Schaub coming have to mean that Carr had to be traded? If both were on the Texans, that could also be very strong in depth.

We're swapping first round picks with them this year and will give them our second round picks for this year and next year too?!!

This kid better be worth it, that's a lot of talent there!

And if this is true, we can all kiss our Adrian Peterson hopes goodbye!

A first is too much. I would give up a second and third more Schaub. What we would really be doing is switching first round picks, so the Texans would pick at 10. We would also give them our second round draft pick.

Edited by Trae

When the trade is completed, Atlanta and Houston will flip-flop first-round picks in April's draft, and Atlanta will receive Houston's second-round picks in 2007 and 2008. The deal likely will be completed later Wednesday afternoon. Houston has the No. 8 pick in the first round of the draft, while Atlanta is slotted 10th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2807051

A first is too much. I would give up a second and third more Schaub. What we would really be doing is switching first round picks, so the Texans would pick at 10. We would also give them our second round draft pick.

Right. We still have a first round pick, we just took their spot and they took ours. And we gave them this years and next years second round pick.

Without being able to look down the road, this is proabably a good deal. But we all know we have to wait until we see what happens on the field.

And to get Schaub, a first was a must. They weren't going to take anything less.

Right. We still have a first round pick, we just took their spot and they took ours. And we gave them this years and next years second round pick.

Without being able to look down the road, this is proabably a good deal. But we all know we have to wait until we see what happens on the field.

And to get Schaub, a first was a must. They weren't going to take anything less.

If we do trade Carr, we need to get more than we gave up draft-pick wise. Move up in the 1st round, and perhaps get the two draft picks we lost back. Carr flat-out has more experience and just as much potential as Schaub, and neither can do anything if we don't add a major boost to our OL somehow.

What makes Schaub so great? I never heard of this guy until offseason.

As for Adrian Peterson. The Texans may go another route and get a S, or a WR.

Meanwhile, Vonta Leach agent said he expects the Texans to decide by Friday whether to match the offer Leach signed with the New York Giants.

Edited by houstonsemipro

What makes Schaub so great? I never heard of this guy until offseason.

As for Adrian Peterson. The Texans may go another route and get a Safetly, or a WR.

The guys on 610 have been saying that the Texans are having a hard time even getting a second DAY pick for Carr. We're not gonna even come close to getting back what we had to give up for Schaub, with a Carr trade. There's a very good possibility that we might just have to waive him and not get ANYTHING in return, except for cap room.

As for Schaub, I heard on the radio that the Vikings wanted to get Schaub for a first round pick LAST year. So although you may not have heard of him until THIS off-season, his name has been out there for a while and people have wanted him. The only reason we're getting him is b/c the old Falcons coach, Mora, would not even talk trade for him. Many people wanted Schaub to take Vicks place.

So he's very popular among NFL people.

Edited by lockmat

Well, we shall find out what type of QB he really is this season.

Furthermore, Texans still needs another big play maker WR. If I was Rick Smith, I'll go ahead and trade Carr for Randy Moss.

No way McNair approves of a bad-character guy like that. And since Kubiak hires high-character guys, I doubt Smith or Kubiak would even consider it anyway.

I'd take the talent though. I thought I heard or read that they may take a WR in the first couple rounds though. So you can keep your fingers crossed.

And who knows, if Schaub pans out, he'll make Johnson and Owens look good anyway.

Texans need to look over the bad character. Dallas did when they picked Terrell Owens.

Now, if they draft a WR. They need to address their attention to Ted Ginn Jr. I heard this guy have lighten speed (4.2 40 dash).

Yeah, and look at what happened. Their coach quit I'm sure partly b/c of Owens, he didn't play well, and he was a huge distraction all season long. Good organizations take character into account for a reason.

And everyone is so big on Ginn and I'm not. Yeah, he's lightning fast, but I just wonder about his route running capabilities. I haven't heard if they're good or bad, but normally guys like that are hail-mary kind of guys and that's it. All anyone ever talks about when referring to him is that he's a play-maker/game-breaker. Well, lets just see if he can get open on NFL cb's. Plus, we already have a guy like him in Jerome Mathis.

Personally, I'd stay away from Ginn unless it was the third round our later. Or else he could be a total bust.