the fact that carr hasn't been traded says to me that he wasn't really on the market. I think the Texans just entertained offers because the desire was out there. But no one blew them away which is what it would have taken. All these mediocre quarterbacks getting signed should tell you something most people fail to see Carr is or has potential to be better than any of these guys moved in free agency.

The fact that he led the league in completion percentage on a bad team should tell you something. Consider that this past year's texans team was a lot closer to

8-8 than 4-12. The fact that the titans won more games is attributed to the fact that they defensive playmakers and a great coach.

I for one will be real dissapointed if the team gets rid of Carr for inferior talent just for the sake of change. I think i have more faith in them as proffesionals to evaluate talent. I think they have come out and said that they need to do a better job coaching, they have said carr needs to improve. I think they also need a wide reciever that can get open not another possesion reciever, thats what the running game is for. Obviously o-line help to hold the pocket up for any quarterback to succeed. they need a safety and another d-back.

Edited by westguy76

the fact that carr hasn't been traded says to me that he wasn't really on the market. I think the Texans just entertained offers because the desire was out there. But no one blew them away which is what it would have taken. All these mediocre quarterbacks getting signed should tell you something most people fail to see Carr is or has potential to be better than any of these guys moved in free agency.

The fact that he led the league in completion percentage on a bad team should tell you something. Consider that this past year's texans team was a lot closer to

8-8 than 4-12. The fact that the titans won more games is attributed to the fact that they defensive playmakers and a great coach.

I for one will be real dissapointed if the team gets rid of Carr for inferior talent just for the sake of change. I think i have more faith in them as proffesionals to evaluate talent. I think they have come out and said that they need to do a better job coaching, they have said carr needs to improve. I think they also need a wide reciever that can get open not another possesion reciever, thats what the running game is for. Obviously o-line help to hold the pocket up for any quarterback to succeed. they need a safety and another d-back.

While I agree that the QBs on the market haven't necessarily been proven better than Carr, except for Garcia, I do firmly believe that Carr is never going to be a successful QB. I was a supporter of his from day 1 through a lot of last season. I was one of the last to jump off his bandwagon, I am now completely off and hoping to see that bandwagon disappear into a cloud of dust. Carr is not the right QB for the Texans and we can't move forward until we replace him with someone better. We just have to get our hands on someone better. That's the key.

I totally agree, Pro. Carr is not the quarterback for this franchise. This man do circus acts on the field, tripping over his own two feet, getting his balls block more than I see in basketball. Don't blame the whole deal on the O-line, cause it's not all their fault.

You can coach and coach a player until you blue in the face, and still the player is lacking. I won't blame the coaching for David Carr problems. Kubiak came from 2 Championship teams, and 3 Super Bowl rings. Beleive me he knows want it takes to become a champion.

Besides, does it really matter if Carr stays, or not? If he stays we still be a losing team, so might as well go ahead and get another vertern quarterback.

STOP MAKING CARR INTO SOMETHING HE'S NOT!! PLEASE! LET IT GO!

Edited by houstonsemipro

My only problem with Carr is whether or not he can actually throw DOWNFIELD. He is excellent in the pocket in short yardage, with his little dump passes and screenplays. Can he throw to a reciever on the run in the post or streaking down the sidelines ? I just didn't see him do that last year. I don't know that Kubiak has the confidence that Carr can either, because of what I saw in the play calling last year.

My only problem with Carr is whether or not he can actually throw DOWNFIELD. He is excellent in the pocket in short yardage, with his little dump passes and screenplays. Can he throw to a reciever on the run in the post or streaking down the sidelines ? I just didn't see him do that last year. I don't know that Kubiak has the confidence that Carr can either, because of what I saw in the play calling last year.

I agree but I would have preffered to see Kubiak open it up and have carr throw it down the field, succeed or fail, let it be known. I saw Eric Moulds who never got open except on short crossing routes over the middle for the most part, Underutilized tight ends, and the few times he did go sown the field to Johnson it worked or didn't sometimes in bad throwing downs. If Kubes didn't have faith in him why not try out your theory and expose him as not good enough. thats my whole opinion on it. I havn't seen an NFL passing offense much in their whole history. I'm talking about balls in the air 15 yards and longer 30 percent of the time. not any supposed carr shortcomings because thats what they are supposed until we see him thro the ball downfield. we know he has the arm and the accuraccy. I just tend to think he doesn't have the time(obvious) or the personnel.

I totally agree, Pro. Carr is not the quarterback for this franchise. This man do circus acts on the field, tripping over his own two feet, getting his balls block more than I see in basketball. Don't blame the whole deal on the O-line, cause it's not all their fault.

You can coach and coach a player until you blue in the face, and still the player is lacking. I won't blame the coaching for David Carr problems. Kubiak came from 2 Championship teams, and 3 Super Bowl rings. Beleive me he knows want it takes to become a champion.

Besides, does it really matter if Carr stays, or not? If he stays we still be a losing team, so might as well go ahead and get another vertern quarterback.

STOP MAKING CARR INTO SOMETHING HE'S NOT!! PLEASE! LET IT GO!

do you disagree that this team was closer to 8-8 last year (closer than they were to sucking) with the fourth toughest schedule in the league?

I will agree with the 8-8, a couple of those games had a vaguely familiar smell of the Oilers splattered all over them. Heartbreakers, a collapse in your defense during a 2 minute drill should not and cannot be tolerated this coming year.

Edited by TJones

The Texans should've went 9-7 or 10-6 last year. How? They should've beaten Titans twice (8-8), the Giants (9-7), and Bufflao (10-6). That's Wild Card!

The Texans shoot their own foot in every game.

then why are you calling for david carrs head? those games for the most part were lost because defense breakdowns as with most of our losses. If we had better options then fine i think we could use improvement at that position but i dontthink the texans have seen it out there. im happy with what they have done so far this offesason

I'm not calling for Carr's head. David is a fine qaurterback, but he needs a different address. Houston is not the place for him. As a quarterback you must have vision, being a leader, as well as consistants and make things happen. David Carr don't have either.

Look at these running quarterbacks; Michael Vick, Vince Young, McNabb, Culpepper, etc. They keep drives alive, not by sitting in the pocket getting sacked (Carr). Only time you see Carr taking off running is when he make mistakes (fumbling, int, sacks). Then the next series he want to make up for his mistakes, and keep the crowd on his side by running like a chicken head cut off.

Edited by houstonsemipro

I'm not calling for Carr's head. David is a fine qaurterback, but he needs a different address. Houston is not the place for him. As a quarterback you must have vision, being a leader, as well as consistants and make things happen. David Carr don't have either.

Look at these running quarterbacks; Michael Vick, Vince Young, McNabb, Culpepper, etc. They keep drives alive, not by sitting in the pocket getting sacked (Carr). Only time you see Carr taking off running is when he make mistakes (fumbling, int, sacks). Then the next series he want to make up for his mistakes, and keep the crowd on his side by running like a chicken head cut off.

I think Carr is teachable. If he has a strong OL, and they work hardcore on him during training camp, I think Carr will be great for the Texans next season. That's why I think they shouldn't get rid of him. Instead, have him compete for the starting position by drafting another QB, and with Rosenfels. Build depth in that position.

Hell, build depth in EVERY position on the Texans, 'cause that's what they need most. So far, they seem to be succeeding in doing that. Shawn Barber would also be a good pick-up.

WHAT ?

Your new name is now "Semiconscious." All season you were saying "get rid of Carr", now he is a "fine quarterback". Please put the crackpipe down Semi, nobody can make heads nor tails of you. :wacko:

Look at these running quarterbacks; Michael Vick, Vince Young, McNabb, Culpepper, etc. They keep drives alive, not by sitting in the pocket getting sacked (Carr).

Hmm...you name two guys that were injured for 7 to 12 games. How many drives did they keep alive during those 19 games?

You name another who had a losing record, and only made the playoffs once in his career (neither did Young, but he's a rookie).

How do these guys make your argument...that losing with a running QB is better than losing with a scrambling QB? Last time I checked, your 4 running QBs are wearing the same number of rings as Carr. Time to dredge up another tired argument.

I rather have those 4 quarterbacks then Carr.

I'd rather have all four and Carr than Rex Grossman, yet only Grossman and McNabb have won Conference titles.

Carr can become a solid QB with the right coaching, and I think McNair found the right coaching staff. There was and isn't any quick fix available for the Texans for QB starter for the next 5 years except the one we have now when it comes to free-agency. Draft, who knows, but even that guy would take time to groom, and that's a guy who should BACKUP Carr and battle him for the starting spot, not automatically start.

They should build strickly with the idea of having one of the strongest-depth teams in the league.

David Carr is gone, so please let's get off of him. Carr didn't show me nothing since he been here. Move on! Like I said before, when the Texans get another quarterback that's when this franchise will see their first postseason.

...and get what in return? We can't trade him for Young now, can we? What, trade him for 2nd/3rd round picks, and use Rosenfels as our starter? And STILL have to develop someone we draft to be our backup QB? Or get a QB via free agency that's gonna retire in less than two years, when Carr finally has his break-out season?

Here's my suggestion: Leave Carr alone, and have him battle Rosenfels for the top starting spot for now. Then, we see who we get in the draft. If there so happens to be a steal of a pick available as QB, take him and train him to be an EVENTUAL starter. But don't even think about trading or releasing Carr unless we draft a QB who we think could become better than him. We have a solid backup QB, and a healthy QB with strong potential, but has worked with a not-so-proven line every year in his career. So, build that OL up to strength (to where there's no excuse for a bad game whoever the QB is), and focus on the draft as to who the Texans could use to COMPETE with Carr and Rosenfels for the starting spot.

Then if Carr doesn't look promising post-draft, trade him then for 2008 draft picks, and keep building. QB was NOT the worst position on the Texans' squad last year...

Check this out!!

Texans interested in drafting Quinn?

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, citing Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Houston Texans are considering trading up from the eighth pick in the draft to take QB Brady Quinn, and that they may already have an arrangement to acquire the sixth overall pick from the Washington Redskins.

DJ, the Texans are not going to have high paid quarterback as 2nd string. They rather trade him off and get another vertern quarterback pay him less money, add a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick quarterback to develop to the roster.

And how does that improve the team? We get another veteran QB that nobody wants, or get ourselves a QB from the draft that we still have to teach and give time to learn what being a QB is all about, while starting Rosenfels?

Didn't you mention earlier that you thought Carr would be a "fine quarterback"? If that's the case, give Carr a legitimate chance with a STRONG PROVEN OL. Carr has one problem IMO; confidence. He's not gonna get it if he and his coaches aren't on the same page. If he were a disruptive player that couldn't learn, get rid of him. But he can be a really good QB soon with the right coaches.

Speaking of Texans, I'm looking forward to seeing what they plan to do on draft day. I hope we make a steal or two.

I've mention Carr is a fine quarterback, yes. But, Carr needs a change of address. Furthermore, we're not out there with Carr on the practice field. He probably do have a tough time learning the plays. Who knows?

Anyway, the Texans planning on drafting Brady Quinn in the first round. So I'm guessing; 1. Carr is gone (Texans said they will be trading up to the sixth round. That means Carr) 2. Brady Quinn might be the Texans newest starting quarterback.

Texans just signed 15 year defensive tackle vertern Jeff Zgonina to a 2 year contract.

LB Shawn Barber (Eagles) to meet with the Texans on Thursday.

So far, the Texans re-signed...

WR Charlie Adams

CB Roc Alexander

TE Mark Bruener

DE N.D. Kalu

OT Ephraim Salaam

P Chad Stanley

Texans hope to re-sign Ron Dayne.

Edited by houstonsemipro

Texans just signed 15 year defensive tackle vertern Jeff Zgonina to a 2 year contract.

LB Shawn Barber (Eagles) to meet with the Texans on Thursday.

So far, the Texans re-signed...

WR Charlie Adams

CB Roc Alexander

TE Mark Bruener

DE N.D. Kalu

OT Ephraim Salaam

P Chad Stanley

Texans hope to re-sign Ron Dayne.

God, i hope they let Ron Dayne and Sam Ngakta go. These guys were worthless! Also, unless the Texans get a decent deal for David Carr, he will be back unfortunately.