Plummer says he will retire, but The Bucs may cut him to save salary cap, and that leaves him wide open for us to scoop him up. Plummer doesn't want to play behind Garcia at Tampa. This thing isn't over yet.

Edited by TJones

Yes, I just found out. Dang! Everybody is signing and Texans haven't begun signing free agents. Looks like another banged up season for the Texans!

49ers might do some good this season. They're signing some good players. Watch out for them this season.

Edited by houstonsemipro

We signed Ahman Green from the Packers. He had a couple of 1,000 yard seasons there, and was regarded as one of the top backs in the NFL. Good move Texans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2787723

Oye. Good move indeed :) ESPN named him the 14th most coveted free agent. Let's hope they get more major signings going.

Also, I wonder if this bolsters the Texans' likelyhood of trading players (probably other tailbacks) for draft picks...

So I guess this means Houston won't be drafting a running back in the 1st round? I think Green is well past his prime. He is not as fast as he used to be and is injury prone now, but it's better than what we had last year. I also think this is the year for Chris Taylor to break out.

That is what Andre Johnson said, too:

'Dre speaks to press

March 05, 2007

HoustonTexans.com

Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson attended the press conference of running back Ahman Green on Monday. Afterward, Johnson spoke to the media about his new contract extension, among other topics.

(on potentially playing for the Texans his whole career) “Once I quit playing football, this was the team I wanted to be with. I didn’t want to be a guy who went from city to city.”

(on renegotiating his contract to create some more room under the salary cap) “It was a win-win for both of us, both the team and for me, and it was something that I thought about going into the situation where you go in and get the deal done and then you can be able to bring some other guys in to help this team get to where it wants.”

(on his thoughts during the offseason) “It’s great. I’m excited. I can’t wait to get it going here in April, once we start offseason workouts.”

(on not going into next season without a new contract in place) “I think it’s very critical, because when that happens, some guys get mixed feelings about whether the team really wants you here or not, and I was just, if it happened, it happened, and if it didn’t, then you have some other things to think about. My biggest thing is I want to be a part of special. I want to take a team that hasn’t been performing well and get it to where it wants to be. That’s something I want to do, and I’m just excited about it.”

(on the quarterback situation) “You never know what’s going to happen and if whoever is back there, like (Ahman) said he wants to block for them, that’s all that matters.”

(on if he thinks Texans QB David Carr can get the job done) “I think that David can. David has all the tools, and like I’ve said before, if David’s satisfied with where he is, then that’s something you can’t be happy about, but if he’s a guy that’s willing to continue working to get this thing where everyone wants it to be, then that’s a guy you want on this team, that wants to get you to that point.”

Whole Article

Edited by Trae

Can someone from Dallas explain this ?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-c...p&type=lgns

First off I think it is great that one of my own got that kind of loot for that position. I am just glad that the Texans didn't do this, and that they don't get any ideas. :wacko:

Hey, I ain't gonna complain about Ahmann Green, leg might be questionable, but has seemed to heal up nicely after a year and a half, he is a quality runningback. We'll see how his pre-season goes.

Edited by TJones

Can someone from Dallas explain this ?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-c...p&type=lgns

First off I think it is great that one of my own got that kind of loot for that position. I am just glad that the Texans didn't do this, and that they don't get any ideas. :wacko:

Hey, I ain't gonna complain about Ahmann Green, leg might be questionable, but has seemed to heal up nicely after a year and a half, he is a quality runningback. We'll see how his pre-season goes.

He made the Packers fun to watch last year. He'll go well with Carr and Johnson.

Did y'all hear what Kubiak said on Channel 13 yesterday? In the interview he mention about Patrick Ramsey QB (Jets) coming to Houston, and he will go up against our starter Sage Rosenfels. Kubiak mention nothing about Carr.

Something is up!

The Dolphins released Joey Harrington, and Trent Green might receive his walking papers soon. Furthermore, the Dolphins are looking to pick up Trent Green and if they do succeed, Dante Culpepper might be headed out.

Edited by houstonsemipro

Who the hell is this Partick Ramsey guy? He was the former QB at Redskins and Jets. The Texans is showing strong intrested on signing him to be a backup QB.

Anyone knows about this guy?

He does ring a bell. He did battle Pennington for the starting spot and lost. He has a lot to prove, and battle Carr and/or Rosenfels would be perfect for him.

In terms of the fans, they shouldn't know what to expect from him. He'll either be a star, a dud, or a backup. We'll have to see how he does in training camp if he's signed.

I think he was a college star, too.

I'm gald he signed somewhere else. Patrick's resume didn't look so hot to me.

Now here's the deal. The Texans still have a chance getting a vertern quarterback. "The Kansas City Chiefs said that while they continue to talk with QB Trent Green about restructuring his contract and remaining with the team, he will be allowed to "explore other potential opportunities in the National Football League" before making his final decision."

The Dolphins want Trent Green, and could seen Dante Culpepper packing. The Texans could grab Culpepper, or even Joey Harrington?

I'm gald he signed somewhere else. Patrick's resume didn't look so hot to me.

Now here's the deal. The Texans still have a chance getting a vertern quarterback. "The Kansas City Chiefs said that while they continue to talk with QB Trent Green about restructuring his contract and remaining with the team, he will be allowed to "explore other potential opportunities in the National Football League" before making his final decision."

The Dolphins want Trent Green, and could seen Dante Culpepper packing. The Texans could grab Culpepper, or even Joey Harrington?

I still don't think Ramsey, Culpepper, or Harrington are better than Carr or Rosenfels. Trent Green, maybe, because he's probably the most consistant in that bunch. I still think if Carr's on the trading block, he's the most coveted QB available, which tells me there isn't much of an upgrade if we get someone via free agency.

I say just forget about looking for a new "starter" QB, because it's a waste of time. Bring in someone and tell them they'll have to battle it out with Carr and Rosenfels for starter or 1st backup. Add depth to the position should in case both get hurt (it's the Texans. No one's immune from getting hurt.)

And MUCH better yet, get a strong overlooked QB in the second round of the draft, develop him, and have him battle for the starting spot the second year. I think with this draft, the strongest defensive players and linemen will be overlooked in the first picks, so pick the absolute best in a position available, then make a steal in the second round. I bet you Troy Smith of Ohio State will be mistakenly available for the Texans to snatch. But I think the better QBs this year are in the draft, not free agency.

Rick Smith (GM) told Patrick Ramsey before he signed with Denver, that he had to battle Sage Rosenfels for the starting position. He didn't even mention Carr's name.

I think, Culpepper, or Trent Green will be a great addition to the Texans roster. I'm also hearing that Jake Plummer is still in the running.

Edited by houstonsemipro