Discuss the 1st question:

How far do you think the Houston Texans will go?

The other 2 questions are just to see if HAIF'ers have confidence in them, and if they're fans.

I personally think the Texans can make the playoffs.

Well I'm a believer but only if they stay healthy. If we have as many key people go down this year as we did last year than we may be looking at another 8-8 record. 

I think a chron blog did a poll about how far the reader thinks the Texas will go, but it would be interesting to see the HAIF'ers perception. I'll probably start one, after this post.

We need to get Dunta back in the fold or else I can see problems ahead.  

Does anyone else ever watch the houstontexans.com videos? They show the practice highlights and the WRs just jog through their routes. I can't figure out what they're trying to accomplish. Obviously they're not supposed to be going full speed. I guess they're just getting used to watching the ball and see it into their hands?

This is our year. There is no reason why we can't win at least 10 games. Just look at our schedule, as it's the easiest the Texans have ever had since they came into the league. They have the talent (easily). They just need to up their mental game and we'll be there.

• Like 1

S.O.S.

Every year.

Same delusions.

They should have gone after Vick, at all costs, and immediately changed the franchise.

I would vote to change the stupid name. I would bring back the Oilers for God's sake. We've already created a cancer over these (how many now?) years......

Dont like nfl/football all that much but I watch the Texans a little. They are going to have an ok season, seven maybe nine wins. Only watch to see AJ80. He is our best player and the leader of this team. The question should be how far do we get if Johnson stays healthy and not that average to below quarterback (I think he will improve much this year though). Playoffs only if Schaub is a good soild healthy QB pared with the best WR in the game. They play 17 games now not 16 so there would be no .500 or 9-7.

Edited by Deut28Thirteen

• 5 weeks later...

There is no excuse for the way this team took the field. They've had months to prepare, months to "be ready," month's to gameplan. This was a disgusting loss and embarrassing to every Texan on the field and sideline. If I was any member of the coaching staff, I'd lock myself in my office until next Sunday when I could attempt to make this right.

The sad thing is that it will probably be worse vs. the Titans this Sunday.

At least Kubiak told the truth which was putting blame on the coaching staff. This staff has a huge problem motivating it's players and it's been obvious for a couple of years. Kubiak is a good offensive coach, but not even a decent head coach. He's also made some big mistakes like bringing in such a small O-line which is getting bullied by almost everyone. The Texans may get some pride back and win a few games, but they're screwed this year.

I say bring in Bill Cowher and let's get the Texans into some smash mouth, power house football.

I have an idea - stop getting other team's washed up backups and get a real QB. And quit looking like idiots in front of the national media by writing crap on your shoes about getting money you definitely didn't earn.

Ditto... Matt's a pretty accurate QB, but is the type of guy who will always get injured. It seems like it follows him. Robinson should be fined and then have his ass handed to him by the rest of the defense for his display.

• 1 month later...

Our best season ever and not much discussion. Maybe b/c everyone is waiting it out, being cautious?

Anyway, Transco will spell out T-E-X-A-N-S Monday night with their window lights!!!

Nancy has the scoop and picture here: http://blogs.chron.com/primeproperty/2009/11/post_9.html

I'm sure there will be plenty of people taking pictures of it.

Our best season ever and not much discussion. Maybe b/c everyone is waiting it out, being cautious?

Anyway, Transco will spell out T-E-X-A-N-S Monday night with their window lights!!!

Nancy has the scoop and picture here: http://blogs.chron.com/primeproperty/2009/11/post_9.html

I'm sure there will be plenty of people taking pictures of it.

I am a big fan, but yet cautiously optimistic. I have been fooled by the Texans before. While I do believe they can win on Monday and win several more to reach the playoffs, I don't have much confidence in them game to game. They are easily startled, and while they've been coming back in these games (Arizona, Indy), it's too late to take over and win. The Texans absolutely need to land the first punch Monday, we haven't scored on an opening drive all year, that's not the makings of a playoff team. I really hope we can turn the corner but it seems just as likely that we end up 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Yep. Season over. Bye Kubiak. Nice knowing you.

I'm not sure how much this one can be pinned on Kubiak.

Kris Brown wasn't the only choker last night... Slaton and Johnson both had dropped passes in the 2nd to last drive when we were tied.

Edited by Highway6

I'm not sure how much this one can be pinned on Kubiak.

Kris Brown wasn't the only choker last night... Slaton and Johnson both had dropped passes in the 2nd to last drive when we were tied.

I agree players are to blame most of the time instead of coaches but another break even season is not acceptable and you know it's Kubiak that is going to pay.  Everyone expected more from this team this season. Expectations to high? 

Edited by LunaticFringe
  • Like 1

I think Kubiak is a good coach, but lousy at bringing intensity to his team which to me is their biggest issue. I've never seen a team than was so consistently in a position to win games to only choke in the end. Sure some blame goes to player execution, but a lot of that has to do with a coaches mental power over his team and whether they believe they can win in the end. The Texans don't believe it.

Kubiak and his staff also seem to be very slow at adjusting they're game plan at times. They waited until the second to last Titans drive to start a man on man defense and to strt ghosting Young, which I found perplexing.