Discovery Green Park At 1500 McKinney St.

c4smok

Temps are supposed to get to 90 coming up soon. How will this affect DGs popularity? Let's see.

I'm curious how the rubber under the playground will hold up in the heat. It was getting uncomfortably warm last Saturday. I hope it doesn't liquify and turn into a sort of roach motel for children. Well, at least not my child. Other people's kids getting stuck to it would make a great youtube video.

The 90s are nothing. Temperature is all relative.

You can run but you can't hide, so why fight it?

Should we all stay insdie? Or perhaps the answer is a quick dip in Kinder Lake.

No we can't hide and I'm not suggesting you or I should. But plenty of people do, that's why I ask the question.

Hopefully DG users feel the same way as you.

I'm curious how the rubber under the playground will hold up in the heat. It was getting uncomfortably warm last Saturday. I hope it doesn't liquify and turn into a sort of roach motel for children.

EWWWWWWW!!!

thanks for that visual....

Temps are supposed to get to 90 coming up soon. How will this affect DGs popularity? Let's see.

Yay! I think the weather today was just about perfect. I wish it wouldn't get any hotter or any cooler (except at nite).

If they are afraid of the heat they will be back in November ;-)

The could always dip in that swampy thing.

Is the water purposely supposed to be mucus color, or what? I don't mean add blue dye; I hate fake blue water more than anything.

I am guessing there is a lot of silt from the construction. Give it a few weeks to settle. I don't see why it shouldn't clear up...

You know what is really disgusting? The opaque fake blue colored water in the lake in front of "Hong Kong City Mall" in Chinatown. And there are fish living in that thing...

I know it is supposed to be like this nice lake, but it looked really murky.

I thought they did that on purpose, to psych us Houstonians out into thinking it was natural instead of manmade. I think of it as bayou-colored. :P

what construction? they aren't doing any construction on the "lake". It is the same color it has been (minus the first day of water which was clear, but after they put in the plants and dirt around the lake it became the color that it is now).

For what it's worth...

I was downtown last Friday with a couple of folks from Southern California and had some time to kill so we stopped off at the park and walked through to get a drink at the Grove. I didn't say anything about the park at all, and I immediately heard a bunch of unsolicited comments about what a great park it was, etc. Had a bottle of wine on the patio at The Grove and watched One Park go up. It was great. It was a perfect place for some out of towners to get a little different view on Houston. They also remarked about all the construction going on down there while other places are slumping. I'm glad we have this place. It's a great addition to the city, especially downtown.

I had the same experience with my family (grandmother, mom and dad) who came to Houston for my graduation. My grandma had never been to Houston. We had dinner at the Grove and walked around the park afterwards at Sunset. It was really nice and everybody enjoyed it. My grandma kept commenting on how clean Houston is compared to Canada.

I thougt Canada was crazy clean. Okay, I've never been to Canada, but that's one of my stereotypes of Canada, super clean, along with super friendly people and super cold.

You have to keep a close eye on Jax and his crazy Canuck friends and relatives. One day they're mad because we don't have any video boards, the next they love how clean it is. I attribute it to the legalized marijuana (well, Jax and his friends, at least. Not sure about his gramma.)

I went to Disco Green with my wife on Friday evening on a whim. We got there around 9pm, and there were a good amount of people there. The park is well lit, bustling with activity, and of course the weather was great.

I went to Disco Green with my wife on Friday evening on a whim. We got there around 9pm, and there were a good amount of people there. The park is well lit, bustling with activity, and of course the weather was great.

We were there for the interpretive dancing and the short film from the aurora picture show place :)

It was chilly and the gnats were buzzin. I'll take that every time though.

Misty fans... maybe not a bad idea. They've already got water-spraying gizmos and whatnot. Then again, we also have to consider this first year's run as trial & error. Hopefully, the city will build off of what's been a big success so far and not drop the ball down the line.

Wouldn't regular fans work better? I can't imagine the misery of misty fans on a humid Houston summer evening.