Discovery Green Park At 1500 McKinney St.

c4smok

On saturday there were even kids swimming in the pond! Lots of them!

They eventually got kicked out though when they swam to the backstage area of the Beatles cover band.

why why why would anyone swim in that...I guess the parents don't have common sense to know that it is not a pool...

Edited by Daniepwils

I took my daughter to DG on Saturday morning. There were a lot of folks in the park, even with the overcast/drizzly weather. They still had the Saturday morning yoga on the stage, which was really cool to see in such a setting. There was also a child's birthday party going on. The fountains that the kids can play in are very cool.

I've got to say, this is a gorgeous park in a great setting: convention center on one side, skyscrapers on the other. Toyota Center on one side, MMP on the other. I'm really proud that we have something like this in Houston and I can see its popularity exploding.

why why why would anyone swim in that...I guess the parents don't have common sense to know that it is not a pool...

Kids will jump into any puddle deep enough.

I think Coog's digging himself deeper and deeper. He should just hush while he's ahead

And when i finally have kids, i'll be sure to keep them away from desirous. His comment sounded a little Michael Jacksonish !!!

Edited by tierwestah

Please note nowhere did I say them swimming in Kinder Lake was a bad thing. As a wise person observed, "that's Texas 2008."

You see new things every day.

Of course that water quality is not that great for swimming.

Edited by MidtownCoog

Please note nowhere did I say them swimming in Kinder Lake was a bad thing. As a wise person observed, "that's Texas 2008."

You see new things every day.

Of course that water quality is not that great for swimming.

Swimming in that lake is bad. Please let's stop it at that and let's not get personal. I live in surburbia Manvel and have visited the park twice. We dined downtown on one of those visits. My wife can't have enough of the park. By the way we lived in SW part for 3 years and never visited DT. Great to have something to cheer downtown apart from the Rockets.

Swimming in that lake is bad. Please let's stop it at that and let's not get personal. I live in surburbia Manvel and have visited the park twice. We dined downtown on one of those visits. My wife can't have enough of the park. By the way we lived in SW part for 3 years and never visited DT. Great to have something to cheer downtown apart from the Rockets.

Not much of a baseball fan I guess. ;)

The other day about 5pm I heard all this loud music coming from DG and wondered what could be happening on a Monday afternoon. It turned out to be one of the fitness classes the park puts on. I was not close enough to get a good estimate of the number of people but it looked like a really good crowd sweating to some salsa music...

The last weekend the Astros were in town, on a Sunday afternoon, and I saw about a dozen or so people with Astros gear on tooling around the park, so I suspect that a good number of them use it (or have used it) prior to or after a game. We'll see if that becomes routine, like going to the B.U.S. or Home Plate.

Edited by The Great Hizzy!