21-Story Mixed-Use High-Rise At 514 Elgin St.

ricco67

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

What's interesting is the St. Danes site is not apart of this project.  I wonder what the plans are for this corner.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with them ripping up the inbound bridge for the spur. I didn't take a pic, but was walking home from a night out and noticed that all the concrete was ripped up from the steel bridge infrastructure. I wonder if they will be using some of St. Danes property for that?

On 12/21/2019 at 3:40 PM, hindesky said:

This sign was on three different side of the block. I wonder if the parking lot that Brennan's uses is part of the project.

From the plans posted by Luminaire, it looks like the Brennan's valet lot is not part of the project.  The other way to interpret the plans would be that both the Brennan's parking and the St Dane's building are part of the project.

4 hours ago, Luminare said:

I'm wondering if it has something to do with them ripping up the inbound bridge for the spur. I didn't take a pic, but was walking home from a night out and noticed that all the concrete was ripped up from the steel bridge infrastructure. I wonder if they will be using some of St. Danes property for that?

I wouldn't think so.  I think that is a simple rebuild  of the bridge on the same footprint.

10 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

From the plans posted by Luminaire, it looks like the Brennan's valet lot is not part of the project.  The other way to interpret the plans would be that both the Brennan's parking and the St Dane's building are part of the project.

I wouldn't think so.  I think that is a simple rebuild  of the bridge on the same footprint.

Whats been weird is that the road has been closed down for months. Wondered if the land next to it was an issue. Maybe not.

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

Whats been weird is that the road has been closed down for months. Wondered if the land next to it was an issue. Maybe not.

Probably just a result of how it came about.  I don't think this rebuild was on the schedule for this year, but chunks started falling off of it, so they had to close it down and then get the rebuild arranged, post-haste.

Just now, Urbannizer said:

5 levels of office 

9 levels of residential (top floor amenity space)

6 parking levels

1 level of retail (~12,000 sq ft.)

you been able find any renders yet? all we have right now is that one elevation.

As long as it's functional/efficient, I'm most excited there's 5 levels of office in this project. 

Having creative office opportunities for companies from Montrose Collective through Midtown along Elgin, would be pretty outstanding for the lower Westheimer corridor.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/6/2020 at 2:46 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

St Danes is offically closed!!!

Saint Dane’s feed has been teasing a reopening, possibly as a pizza joint the last 2 days. Spot was the original home to Late Nite Pie.

We might have a new rendering for this project?

Good find by Cory from skyscraperpage.com. 

t0ypJXo.jpg

It's right by a whole foods and bares resemblance to the height and floors (little bit more actually) of the variance request. Couldn't be outside the realm of possibility with this one, that whole foods is awfully convincing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 2:00 AM, j_cuevas713 said:

So would those charming little apartments next to Brennans get demolished? 

If you mean 3212 Smith, although they look like apartments, they're being used as office space. My lawyer had offices there several years ago.

• The title was changed to 21-Story Mixed-Use High-Rise At 514 Elgin St.

Archived