University Debates: Sports, Fundings, And Developments

VicMan

Not sure that A&M would be that bad for UH, depending on the location and programs. An A&M in a semi-rural area within or adjacent to the metro (Such as between The Woodlands/Kingwood, or Sugar Land/Katy, etc.) with programs geared towards agriculture, wildlife, forestry, other life sciences, and maybe even a vet school, would likely cater to a different group of individuals than potential UH students.

Someone please give Mr. Young a tour of the KBR site.

Look, I'm in the camp that doesn't want to slow UH's forward momentum, but let's not look a gift horse in the mouth here folks--​TWO ​new universities?? Bring on UT Houston and A&M Houston.  

• Like 3

Not sure that A&M would be that bad for UH, depending on the location and programs. An A&M in a semi-rural area within or adjacent to the metro (Such as between The Woodlands/Kingwood, or Sugar Land/Katy, etc.) with programs geared towards agriculture, wildlife, forestry, other life sciences, and maybe even a vet school, would likely cater to a different group of individuals than potential UH students.

I can't tell if you are being serous or not. You just described A&M. 

• Like 5

320px-Texas_Longhorn_logo.svg.png

nothing-can-stop-us-now.png

^^^ just why is it that these folks just cannot seem to learn...

that whenever the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS starts something significant.. we do not stop until it is WORLD CHANGING.

they know that their efforts are fruitless...

how truly sad that this has become...

no one messes with TEXAS!

150px-Texas_Longhorn_logo.svg.png

^^^ oh my.. soooooo UH has been presented with an invitation as per the head of UT.. to join the burgeoning task force, a task force that already includes multiple UH alumni as well as key indiduals from TSU as well as RICE U...

and they prefer to decline our offer??

why do they do this??

don't they understand the power and magnitude of the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS??

i absolutely love the UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON, why on earth are they making all of this so very painful......

150px-Texas_Longhorn_logo.svg.png

^^^ oh my.. soooooo UH has been presented with an invitation as per the head of UT.. to join the burgeoning task force, a task force that already includes multiple UH alumni as well as key indiduals from TSU as well as RICE U...

and they prefer to decline our offer??

why do they do this??

don't they understand the power and magnitude of the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS??

i absolutely love the UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON, why on earth are they making all of this so very painful......

Why are you making this thread so very painful?

• Like 3

I guess they didn't like the prospect of a bunch of 17-1 votes.

"Motion: To use our size, financial muscle, and political power to thwart all existing rules and regulatory boards, and ride ramshod over local schools in doing whatever we want.

All in favor say 'Aye.' ... Ayes are counted. Do we have any Nays? One Nay? Any Nays besides U of H? No?

(Taps gavel.) Motion passes."

• Like 4

I guess they didn't like the prospect of a bunch of 17-1 votes.

"Motion: To use our size, financial muscle, and political power to thwart all existing rules and regulatory boards, and ride ramshod over local schools in doing whatever we want.

All in favor say 'Aye.' ... Ayes are counted. Do we have any Nays? One Nay? Any Nays besides U of H? No?

(Taps gavel.) Motion passes."

^^^ much better answer!  you catch on fast... amigo...

• Like 1

I think this whole petition thing is pathetic lol

Literally looks bad on UH, crying like babies about this issue. 

UH may be a big school but its not a UT or A&M, they don't have power like The premier Texas institutions.

If students are given the option to attend UT or A&M schools compared to UH, do you really think they will choose UH?

• Like 2

I think this whole petition thing is pathetic lol

Literally looks bad on UH, crying like babies about this issue. 

UH may be a big school but its not a UT or A&M, they don't have power like The premier Texas institutions.

If students are given the option to attend UT or A&M schools compared to UH, do you really think they will choose UH?

This is exactly what UT wants to ensure doesn't change.

Funny that Houston has been quite a large city for many, many years, however, only after UH gets a top tier status, and continues to grow and improve does UT see Houston as a viable market.

Sheer, dumb, coincidence, I'm sure.

Why not build a research campus closer to their main campus in Austin? Land is cheaper, they'd be closer to their own campus for better synergy. 

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1

Look at it like this, the big bully has been messing with you for years and now he says "hey want to come to my birthday?" of course you say no. 

More like the rich kid wants to build an office building in your neighborhood, you object to the perceived gentrification, he decides to let you help design the building, and you say "no way, but give me access to your bank account".

Sheer, dumb, coincidence, I'm sure.

Why not build a research campus closer to their main campus in Austin? Land is cheaper, they'd be closer to their own campus for better synergy.

It most likely is sheer, dumb coincidence. UT probably doesn't think about UH in its decisionmaking process nearly as much as you'd like them to.

Austin isn't close to a major international airport, nor one of the largest seaports in the world. That's why Houston makes so much sense.

• Like 2

Still trying to understand just how proximity to a Seaport has anything to do with a research campus. 

UT should open this new research campus near the Port of Dallas then because it's gonna be B-I-G. 

There is a whole lot of stupid in this thread. You have one guy literally celebrating UT's Chancellor being named by Watchdog as one of the world's scariest people for the various ways he has violated the law!

Edited by KinkaidAlum