SoDo On Main: Multifamily At 1625 Main St.

lockmat

5 hours ago, MarathonMan said:

My gut tells me downtown will continue to draw new tenants faster than surrounding areas... It's coming to life as residents continue to migrate in; new hotels, restaurants, bars are delivering; the adjacent Buffalo Bayou Park is finished; and the Super Bowl buzz will soon skyrocket. New retail is inevitable.  Downtown is going to be the new "It" place to live. 

Agree ... it's amazing all of the residential projects being completed Downtown ... Market Square, near Minute Maid Park, near the new Sky House towers .... Downtown is finally becoming a place to live. 

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

I think they have changed the blue lights to green.

Anyway,  you can tell that downtown had more life in areas where these units have been delivered. in interested in seeing how the already active Disco Green area becomes after the other developments get occupied. 

Southern Downtown With the sky houses, Houston house,  and the 3 midrises seem less glamorous but I wonder if they will fill up quicker than the more glamorous ones around Disco green.

I am hoping for another redesign of the one on the block bounded by Main, St Joseph,  Travis and Jefferson. 

I am a superfan of preservation,  but kinda hoping that the Days Inn and that Church of Science thing across the street goes away. it's a cool building but kinda odd for the area. 

Does anyone know what the population of downtown is now? Sans the involuntary residents

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As of 4th quarter, 2016, downtown has a 60.3% occupancy rate.  611 new units were delivered during the fourth quarter.  Net absorption was 216 units.  The metro-wide occupancy rate is 88.5%  

The "Central Houston" market (downtown, Montrose/Museum/Midtown, Heights/Wash Ave., HIghland Village/Upper Kirby/West U, and Med Center/Braes Bayou) had a 79.1% occupancy rate.  2,222 new units delivered during the quarter, with 269 units net absorption.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 4

I took a tour of Skyhouse Main last month, and they said they currently were 26% leased.  The area is filling pretty filled in with people - even before the Superbowl arrived, there was almost always at least one person walking on Leeland during the day and evening

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As of 1st quarter, 2017, downtown residential has a 58.5% occupancy rate.  286 new units were delivered during the first quarter.  Net absorption was 279 units.  The metro-wide occupancy rate is 88.3%  Downtown seems to be maintaining a pretty decent pace of absorption.

The "Central Houston" market (downtown, Montrose/Museum/Midtown, Heights/Wash Ave., HIghland Village/Upper Kirby/West U, and Med Center/Braes Bayou) had a 78.3% occupancy rate.  2,120 new units delivered during the quarter, with 1,247 units net absorption.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, samagon said:

I assume it's the same as everything (except airlines) where you want about 80% occupancy?

In which case, all of Houston needs more apartments, and "Central Houston" will be needing more soon? wow. 

I think in apartments, you would want more like 95% occupancy.  (Other than hotels, I'm not sure what industry or market would want only 80% occupancy.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

I think in apartments, you would want more like 95% occupancy.  (Other than hotels, I'm not sure what industry or market would want only 80% occupancy.)

I was told that a 90% apartment occupancy was "well above normal expectations" once.   But, my source may not be credible.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As of 2nd quarter, 2017, downtown residential has a 63.2% occupancy rate (up from 58.5% in the 1st quarter).  Net absorption was 267 units were absorbed, while 242 new units were delivered.  Net absorption for the year to date was 546 units.  Downtown is maintaining a good steady pace of absorption.  (Assuming 1.4 people per occupied apartment, downtown is adding a little more than 125 people per month.)

The metro-wide occupancy rate is 88.9% 

The "Central Houston" market (downtown, Montrose/Museum/Midtown, Heights/Wash Ave., HIghland Village/Upper Kirby/West U, and Med Center/Braes Bayou) had an 81% occupancy rate (up from 78.3% in the first quarter.  1,563 new units delivered during the quarter, with 1,676 units net absorption.  Net absorption year to date:  2,923.  Using the same apartment residency assumption as above, Central Houston is adding about 682 people per month, just in rental residential.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 8

Any word on the CVS planned for market square tower? It was announced last year and I'm not sure i've seen or heard more about it besides the signs in the windows of the parking garage?

There is another CVS on Main Street near Main Street Square.. maybe we'll get a Walgreens in downtown?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cloud713 said:

Any word on the CVS planned for market square tower? It was announced last year and I'm not sure i've seen or heard more about it besides the signs in the windows of the parking garage?

There is another CVS on Main Street near Main Street Square.. maybe we'll get a Walgreens in downtown?

Been wondering the same.  There has been essentially no activity in the space that CVS is supposed to occupy in MST.  The only thing that I have noticed (which could have been there the whole time) is that the West side of the parking garage (the entrance) now has a permanent sign that says MST Resident and CVS customer parking only.  I hadn't seen that until last week but it could have been up there for months.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As of 3rd quarter, 2017, downtown residential has a 62.3% occupancy rate.  A net 266 units were absorbed, while 274 new units were delivered.  Net absorption for the year to date was 812 units.  Downtown is maintaining a good steady pace of absorption.  (Assuming 1.4 people per occupied apartment, downtown is adding a little more than 125 people per month.)

The metro-wide occupancy rate is 88.3% 

The "Central Houston" market (downtown, Montrose/Museum/Midtown, Heights/Wash Ave., HIghland Village/Upper Kirby/West U, and Med Center/Braes Bayou) had an 82.6% occupancy rate (up from 78.3% in the first quarter).  555  new units delivered during the quarter, with 1,318 units net absorption.  Net absorption year to date: 4,241.  Using the same apartment residency assumption as above, Central Houston is adding about 660 people per month, just in rental residential.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 7

• 3 months later...

As of 4th quarter, 2017, downtown residential has a 67.1% occupancy rate.  A net 281 units were absorbed (up from 266 absorbed in the 3rd Q), while 886 new units were delivered.  Net absorption for the year to date was 1,093 units.  Downtown is maintaining a good steady pace of absorption.  (Assuming 1.4 people per occupied apartment, downtown continues to add more than 125 people per month.)

The metro-wide occupancy rate is 88.6% 

The "Central Houston" market (downtown, Montrose/Museum/Midtown, Heights/Wash Ave., HIghland Village/Upper Kirby/West U, and Med Center/Braes Bayou) had an 85.4% occupancy rate (up from 78.3% in the first quarter 2017).  1,355 new units delivered during the quarter, with 1,788 units net absorption.  Net absorption year to date: 6,029.  Using the same apartment residency assumption as above, during the 4th quarter, Central Houston added more than 830 people per month, just in rental residential. Averaged over the year as a whole, we added more than 700 people per month in Central Houston.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to SkyHouse Main Planned For Block 368
  • 5 months later...