On 4/21/2016 at 10:10 PM, LarryDierker said:

the crown lost some of it's pitch. I was looking for something to complain about today too. the building is significantly less interesting after loosing just a bit of steepness in the pitch.

The amount of the crown slope you can see seems different when viewed at different angles.

Edited by JJxvi

Excuse my inner fan boy, but this building is going to look AMAZING! I don't mean to be dramatic, but I got chills when I was driving down 610 looking at it! This will definitely stand out! I'm loving how that side of 610 is getting built out! Interested to see what's going to go on tha empty grassy lot not too far from hotel Derek off the freeway.

fyi, that sun's reflection on this building will be magical!

• Like 1

On May 2, 2016 at 1:35 PM, JJxvi said:

The amount of the crown slope you can see seems different when viewed at different angles.

Maybe you're right (granted both depictions are from the same angle), but comparing the original rendering to the new rendering, the pitch of the angle is about 33% shallower (2 floors vs 3). It seems to still be the same height though, as the crown extends above the top by 2 rows/floors instead of the original one.

On April 16, 2016 at 9:31 PM, LarryDierker said:

from the first post

Towart-Work13-Arch-Illustration-7.jpg

On April 20, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Urbannizer said:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why is the "crown" taking so long to do? It seemed that they were just building floors and glassing them in at a pretty good pace but then just got to the top and then kind of stopped making visual progress. Did they run out of money?

15 minutes ago, IronTiger said:

Why is the "crown" taking so long to do? It seemed that they were just building floors and glassing them in at a pretty good pace but then just got to the top and then kind of stopped making visual progress. Did they run out of money?

Yes, they ran out of money.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, IronTiger said:

crown.png

^^^ @IronTiger there is probably going to be special LED lighting measures put in place for this final crown design.. as it has 

to stand apart upon the 610 freeway.  it took BHP biliton forever to complete theirs and they are still not really there yet.

patience is indeed a virtue with these projects....

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...