Really a nice building.  Only thing I can take away from it is how far back it is from the street, making it suburban in nature.  But guess I can't expect too much with it being on a feeder road. 

610 has some pretty deep setbacks in this area, they probably built right up to the setback line. 

• Like 1

This is a really beautiful building, it is striking to me how reflective they went on the glass.  All the other new towers in the area have see-through facades (3009 Post Oak, BBVA, BHP, etc).  I am curious if we are getting back to the mirror facade trend and if it is being driven by energy performance requirements? 

• Like 4

On 7/19/2016 at 11:07 AM, bobruss said:

Its interesting that both of Pickard Chilton's new buildings under construction in Houston right now have a similar angled roof. One is just a bit more

curved and the other a little more angular. 

It's slightly less interesting, I suppose, that 2 out of 3 of Pickard Chilton's new buildings under construction in Houston right now have a similar angled roof.  ;-)

• Like 1

Uptown/Galleria-Riveroaks is becoming one colossal area, especially driving north.

My out of town friend and I were traveling north on 610, passing through the Galleria area. The signs pointing to "Downtown" threw him off. He was surprised we weren't already in downtown.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Again, I love this building, but Is it supposed to be smaller than the older existing Amegy Building located on 4400 Post Oak Pkwy (5 Post Oak Park) ??

I read that this building is only 24 stories compared to 5 Post Oak Park's 28 stories, and only 350,000 sq feet compared to 5 Post Oak Park's 570,000.

Sources:

http://shorenstein.com/portfolio/investments/property?id=1298

https://www.amegybank.com/about-us/newsroom/amegy-hq

Was just surprised because I thought this new building was supposed to be bigger? It definitely makes a bigger impact when driving through the Galleria area. Maybe because of its position sitting right against the freeway.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2016/10/19/houston-billionaires-foundation-to-relocate-to.html

The Laura and John Arnold Foundation plans to relocate its Houston headquarters to Amegy Tower off Loop 610 in the Galleria area.

The new space will almost double the Arnold Foundation's footprint compared to its existing 13,500-square-foot space at 2800 Post Oak Blvd. in Williams Tower, John Arnold told the Houston Business Journal.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I saw them testing the lighting a couple weeks ago. It seemed to be in full effect last night. 

From the rendering we always knew the notches would be lit but I didn't know there would be a cascading light show every night. Definitely adds some 'Wow' driving through uptown. I've only seen the white lights, would be great if the lighting changes colors on special occasions.

• Like 4