23 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

There is a dentist as well as an optometrist and a primary-care medical clinic leasing space at MKT. It struck me as kind of an odd location for medical providers given that MKT seems to primarily be focused on fashion/lifestyle/dining.

So I am one of the above^ and I can answer this! So there are many different types dental/ optometry offices; some that accept medicare/ medicaid and have much cheaper exams, some that only take private insurance and charge a lot more for an exam. One office would look very "moo," staff very "moo," while the other office would be more sleek, modern, and luxurious. Some offices carry very basic glasses while others carry the most exclusive frames. Both are successful, but have very different clientele. Some patients would rather spend thousands of dollars to have a "luxury experience".... basically they come in expecting 5 star customer service, random luxury experiences like coffee/ pastries/ maybe even a massage chair in the waiting room, want the best/ most exclusive products, etc. These locations are prime for that kind of clientele/ patients. 

Edited by Amlaham
Grammar
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

So I am one of the above^ and I can answer this! So there are many different types dental/ optometry offices; some that accept medicare/ medicaid and have much cheaper exams, some that only take private insurance and charge a lot more for an exam. One office would look very "moo," staff very "moo," while the other office would be more sleek, modern, and luxurious. Some offices carry very basic glasses while others carry the most exclusive frames. Both are successful, but have very different clientele. Some patients would rather spend thousands of dollars to have a "luxury experience".... basically they come in expecting 5 star customer service, random luxury experiences like coffee/ pastries/ maybe even a massage chair in the waiting room.  want the best/ most exclusive products, etc. These locations are prime for that kind of clientele/ patients. 

This is why its not odd why you see doctors becoming tenants in these type of locations. One person said that MKT is more focused on fashion, lifestyle, etc... well lifestyle is an entire package deal not just what gym you go to or patio bar you hang at. That includes healthcare too right? The type of person you are and what you care about also translates into what healthcare you roll with and what you are okay with in terms of doctors you normally visit. I see it in architecture. Its much more pronounced since living here in Utah. The mountain life, the valley life, the winter sports life, the hiking life, it really becomes all encompassing and translates to everything else. Why should healthcare be an exception, right?

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

i have a friend who years ago went on a 10-day silent meditation retreat.  and on the last day each of the participants got to sit down with the guru to him ask him one question.  and when my friend got his turn, he asked, "help me understand who i am as a person."  and the guru said, "easy, just look at what healthcare you roll with."

all kidding aside, kudos to the enterprising healthcare professionals that provide the convenience, quality and customer service that allow them to earn a profit even with the higher overheads that come with these bougie developments.  i do feel sad for any client that gets any sense of self from the luxury experience, pastries or massage chairs while they wait to get a new pair of prescription glasses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Impact Networking leases office in Midway's East River mixed-use - Houston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Midway's East River mixed-use development inks largest office lease thus far

By Olivia Pulsinelli  –  Assistant managing editor, Houston Business Journal

Nov 8, 2021

llinois-based Impact Networking is the latest office tenant announced for the massive East River mixed-use district planned for Houston's historic Fifth Ward.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Texasota said:

"a cloud-based system for delivering hot water to buildings without water heaters"

...what...

Yeah, it's worded funny... like I am going to just download my water this morning from the cloud. It's just district boiler water controlled by a central center/server and control room. Think just like district cooling enwave is centralized cooling, Teal is that for hot water.

10 hours ago, Two said:

Yeah, it's worded funny... like I am going to just download my water this morning from the cloud. It's just district boiler water controlled by a central center/server and control room. Think just like district cooling enwave is centralized cooling, Teal is that for hot water.

"I just got hot water delivered from the cloud. It was Biblical..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...