The Houston Chronicle Newspaper

jtmbin

I've had my windshield washed without me asking for it several times at that intersection Polly. It is aggravating. But, the way I see it, if I tell the guy not to do it and he washes it anyway, then he's washing it for free. If he does it after I've said no, then I feel no obligation to pay for his service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
That's a long poll! So they seriously want me to vote for my favorite Drag Queen? Who are some of these people?

Yeah some of the questions are ridiculous. Also they need an option if you just don't know. Like the drag queen one. What really sucks though is I was almost done with many of them having comments and then firefox decided to encounter a problem and have to close :angry: .

Didn't this start just to compete with the Houston Press' Best of Houston? *That's* where many of the more interesting questions probably came from. I'm both a Chron and Press reader and always save my Best of Houston from the Press, but I get more chuckles than anything from the Chron's list.

I'm not going to bother with it. Most of it is just stupid. They can't except every person to have an opinion about every question.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. I mean how am I supposed to know socialite older/younger than 40 and high school cheering squad??? Also some of the ones about writers or news people is pretty biased.

Oh and is anyone happy we are finally getting some rain.

And I think I would go to jail if I commented on my favorite High School cheerleading squad.  I could give a rats ass about the news anchors. 

There are a few good entries for food, but like LTAWACS said  - they are mostly average.

Favorite High School cheerleading squad? Uh... let me take a look at this again... ;)

• 1 month later...

In today's Outlook section (Sunday August 21, 2005), there is an article about Houston's problem with sprawl by Roger L. Galatas. I'm not sure if the Outlook articles are on the Chronicle's website, so I have no link to post. Maybe the writer's name could come up in a search online.

HOUSTON MATTERS

Old problem: taming new sprawl

Counties, voters, developers have roles in guiding our growth

By ROGER L. GALATAS

ALONG roadways around Houston the landscape is changing in a way that is worrisome. Closely spaced houses replace trees and open fields in many areas. More houses each day. New billboards advertise our future.

But let's also recognize that the Houston region is rich in resources