Stewart Cadillac At 2520 Main St.

dbigtex56

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is disturbing. First F-Bar then this, and I know there have been similar incidents in that area lately, all make me wonder what is going on in Mid-town / Montrose. This neighborhood is supposed to be "improving." These recent heinous crimes certainly don't support that notion.

This is disturbing. First F-Bar then this, and I know there have been similar incidents in that area lately, all make me wonder what is going on in Mid-town / Montrose. This neighborhood is supposed to be "improving." These recent heinous crimes certainly don't support that notion.

I've never been one to think that certain areas of town are immune to heinous crimes. That's why it kind of irks me when I hear people on tv say "I wouldn't expect something like this to happen here" in response to crime in their neighborhoods. This could've happened in any neighborhood, even River Oaks. It may be less likely to happen there, but certainly not impossible.

Edited by JLWM8609
  • Like 2

I've never been one to think that certain areas of town are immune to heinous crimes. That's why it kind of irks me when I hear people on tv say "I wouldn't expect something like this to happen here" in response to crime in their neighborhoods. This could've happened in any neighborhood, even River Oaks. It may be less likely to happen there, but certainly not impossible.

River Oaks was where that guy barbecued his girlfriend's body, right? I seem to remember that because it was also a local story.

JLWM, I agree no place is immune. I had a client who was followed home to his River Oaks driveway and mugged for his Rolex. Thankfully, he suffered only a broken finger. That was about 20 years ago. His young daughter was in the car too but was not harmed. FWIW, he was driving a Maserati Quattroporte.

Perhaps the media reporting has just been more "robust" lately regarding this neighborhood since it is considered up-and-coming. Two things may also add to that: The possibility that the F-Bar robbery and murder may have been a hate crime and the fact Mr. Stuart was a prominent business man.

If statistics (and we all know about statistics) show this area has an above average crime rate I would be a bit surprised since there is a significant street life and many businesses and residences have surveillance cameras. Then again, maybe the bad guys don't care about such things.

JLWM, I agree no place is immune. I had a client who was followed home to his River Oaks driveway and mugged for his Rolex. Thankfully, he suffered only a broken finger. That was about 20 years ago. His young daughter was in the car too but was not harmed. FWIW, he was driving a Maserati Quattroporte.

Perhaps the media reporting has just been more "robust" lately regarding this neighborhood since it is considered up-and-coming. Two things may also add to that: The possibility that the F-Bar robbery and murder may have been a hate crime and the fact Mr. Stuart was a prominent business man.

If statistics (and we all know about statistics) show this area has an above average crime rate I would be a bit surprised since there is a significant street life and many businesses and residences have surveillance cameras. Then again, maybe the bad guys don't care about such things.

Both of these shootings took place in HPD Central one Division. . . . . Montrose

Every month HPD Central one and Two release a crime stat report. Each street and it's block number are listed as well as the type of crime listed in a booklet that is given to anyone who attends the Pip ( Positive Interaction Police program) First Tuesday meeting each month---7 pm.

Reading over those HPD reports, Montrose doesn't have above average crime --- till the FBar shooting there had been no aggravated assault in that area in February. The last previous murder was at Blur bar? 3 or 4 years ago?Now does Montrose have a kazillion % increase?

There does seem to be something going on where Montrose meets Midtown. I don't know what it is but I hope the HPD can get on top of it.

I live one street away. Other then the media circus and police tape that lasted about a day, everyone is still out walking their dogs late in to the evening, going about their business. I think most people are assuming he was targetted for some reason. Hopefully the truth will come out.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Joesph Stewart, Owner Of Stewart Cadillac Murdered
  • The title was changed to Stewart Cadillac At 2520 Main St.