• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

I can find master plans that designate it as F1 (and perhaps partly the plaza).  I cannot find anything that designates it as residential.

I was looking at IntheKnowHouston’s post of the retail brochure here:

On 9/8/2022 at 6:32 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

In the most recent Ion District retail brochure (updated in July), there are building models for future phases. 

The Ion District is a 16-acre, multi-phase district. It will consist of 3-5 million square feet of retail, commercial office, multi-family residential and hospitality  to be built in partnership with best in class developers over the next 10 years. 

• Phase 1 (2021/2022) 
  • Phase 2 (2023/2024) 
  • Phase 3 (2027)
  • Phase 4 (2030)

wVCNfFN.jpg

ITCAKG8.jpg

UUXmeup.jpg

Phase 3 (2027) 
Phase 4 (2030) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 10:35 PM, houstontexasjack said:

Also, Norcity has a primitive website for this food park:

https://www.norcity.io

Norcity is in the process of redesigning its website. Majority of the site is set to private; however, some of the menus offers a peek at may be in store.

There categories for food and drink, retail, and fitness / wellness vendors.

Company of Nomads (or Nomadic Hospitality) is the team behind Norcity. This is a container hall / food hall and market. It's part of the Ion campus, possibly located at 4001 Main St.

https://www.norcity.io

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below is a conceptual rendering of Norcity.

Company of Nomads (or Nomadic Hospitality) is the team behind Norcity. This is a container hall / food hall and market planned for 4001 Main St. It's part of the Ion campus / Ion Innovation District.  

Other details regarding Norcity:

• 5 food vendors
  • 2 full bars
  • Completely off grid energy solutions and sustainable
  • Atmospheric water generator making water out of air

pUZhhSn.jpg

Close-up

r4taiMu.jpg

8IGJv9L.jpg

Green Cities DLC for Cities Skylines.

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Is it coming completely down?  I walked by it a few days ago and it had been completely gutted; had the appearance that perhaps the structure was remaining.  It could make for a nice restaurant/retail structure.

Coming down as of this morning

• Like 8

They gotta do better with the crosswalk from the Ion to the parking lot. I have seen a lot of frustrated drivers either blow the blinking red light if the person isn't moving fast enough or they aggressively edge into the crosswalk. People can be such assholes.

It seems like their solution so far is to put cones in the crosswalk area and that has helped. I'm hoping there is a more permanent solution coming because that crosswalk is tough.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, X.R. said:

They gotta do better with the crosswalk from the Ion to the parking lot. I have seen a lot of frustrated drivers either blow the blinking red light if the person isn't moving fast enough or they aggressively edge into the crosswalk. People can be such assholes.

It seems like their solution so far is to put cones in the crosswalk area and that has helped. I'm hoping there is a more permanent solution coming because that crosswalk is tough.

I'm surprised they didn't install the flashing lights embedded in the roadbed.  (FWIW, you are being far too kind when you refer to drivers blowing through the red light as "frustrated".)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

I love this project so much, but wow this area has a long way to go 😅 

I can't believe how long this area sat untouched, especially being in the dead center of the city. 

If you didn't know the Houston skyline, one would think this area is outside the city and downtown is in the distance (Uptown)

Jeez, you aren't wrong. Hopefully this is just the beginning of lots of midtown investment! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, X.R. said:

Raised/continuous sidewalks bebe

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Amlaham said:

I love this project so much, but wow this area has a long way to go 😅 

I can't believe how long this area sat untouched, especially being in the dead center of the city. 

If you didn't know the Houston skyline, one would think this area is outside the city and downtown is in the distance (Uptown)

Large pockets of less developed areas are fairly normal here.  And, if you like to see new development you should be glad it's that way.  Much easier to do something on this type of brownfield vs tearing down denser/higher/more valuable buildings to get something new going.  We live in a golden age for Houston.

• Like 4