Urbannizer, are you Thirdcoastryan on Flickr?

Haha. Funny you ask... Thirdcoastryan actually joined HAIF this month and I chatted with him earlier today. Hope he could be another photo contributor cause his pictures are amazing but I think he'll likely stick to Flickr for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

.....this building does not disappoint; it is turning out to be an elegant and welcome addition to our rapidly growing skyline(s).  I'm excited to see what they are planning for the property nearby.

Also, welcome to the forum "ThirdCoastRyan"!

• Like 1

I've never seen the 4 floor high elevator shaft wall from that one vantage point before?  Not the best look for an otherwise interesting piece to the skyline.

Who cares if Dallas developers built it?  They're smart, make hay while the sun is shinning!  Hines developed plenty of big buildings in Dallas over the years, including JPMorgan Chase Tower in Downtown Dallas, and the Dallas Galleria (plus numerous office towers around that development).

RTKL is based in Dallas in the United States. They own the building according to Emporios website.

Noooooo. RTKL Associates is the architect, they came up with the design for 2929 Weslayan. PM Realty Group is the developer, the ones who purchased the site a few years back from another developer, and decided to build the 40-story high-rise. :)

*Edit: Emporis tells you that RTKL Associates is the architect, nothing there about them owning the building.

http://www.emporis.com/building/2929-weslayan-houston-tx-usa

• Like 1

ROFL.   And keeping with the theme,

Not only was the building not built by a Dallas developer; 

not only does RTKL not own the building;

not only is RTKL not a developer;

not only does Emporis not claim RTKL owns the building;

RTKL is not based in Dallas.

Other than that, nativehoustonian got the story exactly right.  ;-)

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2