• 4 weeks later...

It's hard to see on the picture,but the railings look really cheap in person, very flimsy.

The vertical supports don't even line up with joints in the panels...

I'm not a fan of the railings mainly because I think they will partially block the view as you're sitting down in your apartment.., but I do agree they look like thin flimsy perforated sheet metal.  

Also, still not sure about the paint color they decided for the facade.  Withholding final judgement until I see the finished product with the glass skirt around the first few floors and all of the blue plastic removed. Maybe the sun will reflect the balcony railings and give the tower a unique look..., we'll see. 

They don't line up with what? I didn't think they looked cheap.

He is saying the vertical railings for the balconies do not match with the vertical linings of the panels placed over them. It's like staring at a hung framed picture that is crooked. It's kind of an eyesore. 

Edited by xsatyr

I'm not a fan of the railings mainly because I think they will partially block the view as you're sitting down in your apartment.., but I do agree they look like thin flimsy perforated sheet metal.

I think it'll be like those vehicle window graphics with the perforated holes in them. You can't really see in from outside the car, but from inside you can see out just fine.

He is saying the vertical railings for the balconies do not match with the vertical linings of the panels placed over them. It's like staring at a hung framed picture that is crooked. It's kind of an eyesore.

I'm totally confused as to what y'all meant now. Ha. But my best guess for why the balcony railing supports aren't all lined up with each other is the fact the balconies shift a bit on each floor plate.

somehow, i am thinking that these perforated railings, are just a temporary safety measure.  imo, the original conceptual design is forthcoming.  this is a massive project, we may just need to be patient.  remember THE SOVEREIGN, it took forever to complete... but the detailing is immaculate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...