Hotel ZaZa Museum District At 5701 Main St.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Yesterday I noticed a large black vehicle with "Hotel Zaza" emblazened on the doors.

What caught my attention was the pair of longhorn horns attached to its front. As a pedestrian, such things can make a much bigger impression on me than on your average Houstonian - literally. They're the perfect height and shape to impale the unwary. Getting hit by a car is never fun. I've been fortunate enough to have survived it a couple of times. Then too, those vehicles weren't sporting cattle horns.

Now, I understand that this is a sly, cute, ironic reference. But does it have to be so potentially deadly as well? If they want to complete the wink-wink Western theme, perhaps they could dress the driver as Yosemite Sam, and have him randomly fire a pair of six-shooters.

Yesterday I noticed a large black vehicle with "Hotel Zaza" emblazened on the doors.

What caught my attention was the pair of longhorn horns attached to its front. As a pedestrian, such things can make a much bigger impression on me than on your average Houstonian - literally. They're the perfect height and shape to impale the unwary. Getting hit by a car is never fun. I've been fortunate enough to have survived it a couple of times. Then too, those vehicles weren't sporting cattle horns.

Now, I understand that this is a sly, cute, ironic reference. But does it have to be so potentially deadly as well? If they want to complete the wink-wink Western theme, perhaps they could dress the driver as Yosemite Sam, and have him randomly fire a pair of six-shooters.

It's nice to know that their cars are more tasteful than the interior of the Hotel's lobbies. I just don't get the big go-go-whore thang. It's a lovely place otherwise.

It's nice to know that their cars are more tasteful than the interior of the Hotel's lobbies. I just don't get the big go-go-whore thang. It's a lovely place otherwise.

I bet if someone were to find any random young hottie in a Midtown bar, put them in a cab, blindfold them, walk them into the ZaZa, and tell them they were on the new set of Bret Michaels Rock of Love, they would believe it.

I must have missed my calling in the hotel-concept business. There is just no overestimating the bad taste of the young rich and their hangers-on.

While riding my bike the other day I saw another one of their VIP cars...a modified police cruiser that still had a police style paint job. "Not a police vehicle", said the door.

Wow. I'm more interested in how you have been hit by a moving vehicle on more than one occasion. Were you riding a bike? Were you jaywalking? Are you one of those people that stand on corners soliciting money during the day? Inquiring minds want to know.

Is that their Mercedes Sprinter, or is it a different vehicle? They have a tall, narrow courtesy van, designed for the Euro market by Daimler-Benz, but sold in this market as a Dodge Sprinter. You've seen them -- FedEx, for example, uses them a lot. But Zaza's somehow gotten a Mercedes-badged one, which would be right at home in Rotterdam but it's the only one I've ever seen here. Actually, I drive by there every day, so maybe I'll check it out. Unfortunately, the traffic is sometimes a little scary going around the fountain, so I may or may not be able to look closely.

Wow. I'm more interested in how you have been hit by a moving vehicle on more than one occasion. Were you riding a bike? Were you jaywalking? Are you one of those people that stand on corners soliciting money during the day? Inquiring minds want to know.

- had I been able to jump six feet into the air, the car would have passed under me.

I'm sorry those happened. Thanks for sharing. And either I'm really immature or it's just that I'm about to start my weekend, but they made me laugh, especially the phrase above. Spoken so non-shalauntly (spelled phonetically b/c I have no clue how to spell it)

Such interesting assumptions.

FIrst time I was standing at the intersection of Montrose and W Alabama. A traffic collision sent a car up onto the sidewalk, striking me pretty hard (my head broke the windshield.) Admittedly, my fault - I should have forseen the collision.

Second time, I was crossing a sidestreet (on the crosswalk), where a car was already stopped. The driver did what so many drivers do - looked to his left while turning right. Unfortunately, I happened to be in front of him when he did so. Broke my leg. Again, sheer carelessness on my part - had I been able to jump six feet into the air, the car would have passed under me.

Fortunately, both autos lacked pointy horns.

Interesting. Sounds like you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also sounds like the injuries could have been much worse. Glad you came through it okay. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by LunaticFringe

Such interesting assumptions.

FIrst time I was standing at the intersection of Montrose and W Alabama. A traffic collision sent a car up onto the sidewalk, striking me pretty hard (my head broke the windshield.) Admittedly, my fault - I should have forseen the collision.

Second time, I was crossing a sidestreet (on the crosswalk), where a car was already stopped. The driver did what so many drivers do - looked to his left while turning right. Unfortunately, I happened to be in front of him when he did so. Broke my leg. Again, sheer carelessness on my part - had I been able to jump six feet into the air, the car would have passed under me.

Fortunately, both autos lacked pointy horns.

See what happens when you try to walk Houston? They didnt create urban sprawl for nothin, stay in your autos folks!!!

• The title was changed to 2
  • The title was changed to Hotel ZaZa Museum District At 5701 Main St.