Hotel ZaZa Museum District At 5701 Main St.

As a token gay guy, yes Zsa Zsa is quite gay. Very Dallas. Pretentious and faux riche. Warwick is regal, classic.

By the way, my people prefer gay over "queer".

I love the way these threads transformicate so lovingly and naturally.

I love woman.

"ZaZa" reminds me of a name for a birchon frese, lasa opso, or other puny little "faux rich" queer dog name.

And please note, I'm not calling homosexual people queer. I'm just calling the name ZAZA "queer." If there was ever a use for that word, describing "ZaZa" is it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i got an invite in the mail for the private preview party tonight for the auction on November 6th. needless to say, i didn't go ($50 to get in, too) and i am still wondering why i got the invitation in the first place! heh

looks like the whole antique kit and caboodle will be up for grabs...and i saw a few items on ebay live auctions as well (the large outdoor warwick signs).

bleh

As a token gay guy, yes Zsa Zsa is quite gay. Very Dallas. Pretentious and faux riche. Warwick is regal, classic.

By the way, my people prefer gay over "queer".

The hotel is actually nice. It is fun, youthful, vibrant, energetic. Something the Warwick is not. Just because it is a Dallas brand, don't knock it. It it was a W, you would be praising it. I am a Houstonian as well. So no need for any snide Dallas remarks.

• 2 weeks later...
The hotel is actually nice. It is fun, youthful, vibrant, energetic. Something the Warwick is not. Just because it is a Dallas brand, don't knock it. It it was a W, you would be praising it. I am a Houstonian as well. So no need for any snide Dallas remarks.

Besides which, it was developed by and is owned by some guys from Oklahoma City.

A cadre of bodyguard sized men in well filled out black t-shirts is there to greet you in the lobby. Each has his gold name tag carefully pinned to his ample chest. They exist only to serve. Mrs. L thought for a moment that the Chippendales were in town, working the late shift for extra tips.

:lol:

it's from a journal about a Za Za experience from this webpage:

http://journals.aol.com/jevanslink/AskMrsL...er/entries/1625

Edited by sevfiv

• 5 months later...
i'm not usually the paper city type but this month's issue has

a large article on the warwick hotel with some vintage photos.

it's in one of the middle sections between all of the watch ads.

thanks for the heads up - btw, where are paper city's located? i never see them

thanks for the heads up - btw, where are paper city's located? i never see them

really only familiar with sw houston but many galleries and

coffee shops have them. also fancy stores like: kuhl-linscomb,

whole foods, raye, etc.

they are large, color and with fancy coated paper stock

--- paid for by the watch ads, i am sure.

Edited by torvald

really only familiar with sw houston but many galleries and

coffee shops have them. also fancy stores like: kuhl-linscomb,

whole foods, raye, etc.

they are large, color and with fancy coated paper stock

--- paid for by the watch ads, i am sure.

i was wrong --- it's not at the Foods. i know it's at brasil, dietrichs,

some tapioca places, local galleries, antique shops, fancy restaurants.

it seems like they're always around but now that i have to think of a

specific place... avalon diner? harry's?

• 6 months later...
Over a year later and here's an update on the project:

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...ml?surround=lfn

February 19, 2007 is the planned re-opening. I hope it meets with great success, although I hate the ZaZa name. And I sure as heck hope that the lights for the Mecom Fountain are operational once again by then.

Hizz... I'm with ya on this. I LOVE the Mecom Fountain. It rocks. I just hope that Za Za thing works there. Warwick ... totally classy and totally Houston. B)

February 19, 2007 is the planned re-opening. I hope it meets with great success, although I hate the ZaZa name. And I sure as heck hope that the lights for the Mecom Fountain are operational once again by then.

Yeah, what's up with the lights on the Mecom Fountain? I've passed by a few times just after dark and thought maybe they just come on later. They don't work??

• 2 weeks later...

I drove by the Warwick/Zaza today and I'd be very surprised if they met the Feb 19th opening date. There remains quite a bit of exterior work to be done. I really like this property and am glad it's being restored to its status as a premier entertainment/hospitality destination with a high amount of character. I'm hoping Givens & crew do things which aren't too tacky and gaudy. This one could be a real homerun for Houston.

i'm gonna have to see this before i make any more bad assumptions, and i'll fully admit that the Warwick, along with its old, stinky antiques, was more of an old drag queen of a hotel. this is probably just giving it a good facelift and a wax :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

We're getting close...

www.hotelzazahouston.com

While this isn't exactly my cup of tea, I think it will be GREAT for the area. The Museum District is so amazingly beautiful but it lacks vitality. Throw in a quality new restaurant (The Monarch), a large Spa (ZaSpa), and revitalize the pool area and cabanas that overlook Hermann Park and you've got a good start. Plus, I hate to admit that the "gay" in me thinks the trashy suite names (Rock Star, Houston We Have A Problem, Outlaw, Geisha...) are quite fun. I can see locals getting a place for the night just to enjoy it.

I hope it is a success and breeds more street life in the area. I'd love to see the Binz area get filled with street-side cafes, corner coffee shops, and other places so that it becomes a true destination for locals and visitors and not just a place for someone to park in a garage.

We're getting close...

www.hotelzazahouston.com

While this isn't exactly my cup of tea, I think it will be GREAT for the area. The Museum District is so amazingly beautiful but it lacks vitality. Throw in a quality new restaurant (The Monarch), a large Spa (ZaSpa), and revitalize the pool area and cabanas that overlook Hermann Park and you've got a good start. Plus, I hate to admit that the "gay" in me thinks the trashy suite names (Rock Star, Houston We Have A Problem, Outlaw, Geisha...) are quite fun. I can see locals getting a place for the night just to enjoy it.

I hope it is a success and breeds more street life in the area. I'd love to see the Binz area get filled with street-side cafes, corner coffee shops, and other places so that it becomes a true destination for locals and visitors and not just a place for someone to park in a garage.

When ZaZa first opened in Dallas, I thought it was a little over the top. However, as time has progressed, it has grown on me. It is a vibrant, youthful crowd that adds and extra "umph" factor to Uptown.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently now they are opening June 4th. And their prices are very steep. I looked into having my mom stay there when she comes to visit me, and the "special rate" for people affiliated with Rice is $179. It's definitely the closest hotel to the campus, but that's bit too expensive.