Hotel ZaZa Museum District At 5701 Main St.

Stayed at ZaZa last night and got a walk through of the Magnificent Seven Suites. The interior of the hotel is gorgeous, and the suites are simply amazing. I loved the 42" flat-screen in my room with tons of HD channels. The entire staff was very polite and looked great. I would say the best part was soaking tub on the balcony of the Tycoon Suite overlooking Hermann Park. Houston has never seen anything like ZaZa!

How does everybody get to go before it opens?

I live in the neighborhood and I'm looking forward to seeing it's impact. Hopefully it will mean more people in the streets in the direct vicinity, around the museums and metro stations etc. As it is, it's pretty nice being here because Hermann Park is one of the only real outdoor gathering places in the city. It would be nice if there was more going on though besides the museums though (restaurants, retail) and this can only have a positive impact on the neighborhood.

Well, I would expect the impact should be no different than when the previous hotel was located there. It's going for basically the same demographic. Surprisingly, quite a few of the people that I dealt with in the past were people that come to Houston specifically for an event such as a concert, opera, shopping, or maybe a personal event (Wedding Honeymoon/anniversary). A few even stay there during their cancer treatments at MD Anderson.

Very interesting lot of people that stay there.

Well, I would expect the impact should be no different than when the previous hotel was located there. It's going for basically the same demographic. Surprisingly, quite a few of the people that I dealt with in the past were people that come to Houston specifically for an event such as a concert, opera, shopping, or maybe a personal event (Wedding Honeymoon/anniversary). A few even stay there during their cancer treatments at MD Anderson.

Very interesting lot of people that stay there.

I guess I didn't know the area when the old hotel was there so it's hard for me to compare. Did it make a difference?

The Zaza is supposed to have a fancy restaurant and a spa. And I heard somebody say that in Dallas the hotel draws an interesting crowd. Anyways, I guess we will see in a few days.

a friend of mine did some work there and snuck me in so i could be nosey.

Grand opening party is Thursday night. I'm sure it will be over the top. I haven't seen it yet, but have been following the news surrounding the rennovations for the last couple of years and it's supposed to top Dallas's, and I have stayed there.

I used to do PR for the Warwick and that hotel just has good bones and lots of history. In fact, my parents had their first date there at a ball. the beginning of the end. lol

I just read an article saying it might not make it because it's not in a good enough location (not enough businesses or shopping near by). This might be true, but the fact that it's a short metro ride from downtown and the medical center, and rice too. Also, Hermann Park and the museums are the closest thing Houston has to a tourist attraction, so hopefully it will do well. I really love the neighborhood it is in.

I just read an article saying it might not make it because it's not in a good enough location (not enough businesses or shopping near by). This might be true, but the fact that it's a short metro ride from downtown and the medical center, and rice too. Also, Hermann Park and the museums are the closest thing Houston has to a tourist attraction, so hopefully it will do well. I really love the neighborhood it is in.

Yeah, nobody stays in Houston hotels unless there's a racquetball tournament in town...Then, it's CRAZY packed with over 100 rooms occupied.

Yeah, nobody stays in Houston hotels unless there's a racquetball tournament in town...Then, it's CRAZY packed with over 100 rooms occupied.

See Dal, now you're just being a bit moronic about the information I'm relaying.

If you are more accurate on Houston Occupancy rates, then I'd like to see you come up with something better. Otherwise, Keep your opinions about white business poor performances to yourself.

So did anyone go last night? I'm curious to see some reviews. I expect Shelby Hodge to have a write-up soon.

I've actually only been inside the Warwick once and that was for a wedding reception when I was 13.

Oh yeah, it was UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!

I got to take a sneak peek tour of the hotel last night and it is AWESOME. Over the top really.

I think that you all should be aware of this great new addition to Houston so here is the info on the hotel:

It

I could not find the previous thread on the ZaZa, so I apologize for posting this here. You can move it if you want.

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/4867828.html

I noticed Cynthia Hunt's name in the photo gallery. Looks like the same Cynthia Hunt, the one with the strong southern accent, who used to be with channel 2. I thought she moved to an affiliate away from Houston.

I noticed Cynthia Hunt's name in the photo gallery. Looks like the same Cynthia Hunt, the one with the strong southern accent, who used to be with channel 2. I thought she moved to an affiliate away from Houston.

i saw that same pic. she's still here. she's blacklisted herself from most media outlets.

I could not find the previous thread on the ZaZa, so I apologize for posting this here. You can move it if you want.

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/4867828.html

good post! got to see a lil of the zaza interior. i didn't even notice cynthia hunt in the pics till i saw musicamans post saying he saw the pic.

so i went back through the pics. she's pic 36 by the way for those who passed it up like me, which will be pretty easy as she was nothing to really look at in the pic.