M Square: Mixed-Use Development At 3200 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

On 8/14/2020 at 8:08 AM, thatguysly said:

I am excited for Williams to not stick out so much. This won't be as tall but will compliment it well.

I actually feel the opposite.  Part of the charm of Transco (will NEVER call it Williams) was that it stood out like a lighthouse.  In a way, it's why the Burj Khalifa looks so impressive in how it dominates the area with everything else looking up towards it.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, mls1202 said:

I actually feel the opposite.  Part of the charm of Transco (will NEVER call it Williams) was that it stood out like a lighthouse.  In a way, it's why the Burj Khalifa looks so impressive in how it dominates the area with everything else looking up towards it.

Yes--and I've seen the argument (and parroted on here) that it was the fullest flowering of Frank Lloyd Wright's idea of a single huge tower dominating a deserted plain. 

Now I don't mind a large tower going beside it--but if it gains something, it also will lose something. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, mls1202 said:

Part of the charm of Transco (will NEVER call it Williams) was that it stood out like a lighthouse.  In a way, it's why the Burj Khalifa looks so impressive

I find it peculiar that you seem to be willing to die on a hill over calling it Transco (when it's been known as Williams since the last millennium), but then you talk about Burj Khalifa without even mentioning its original name, Burj Dubai.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to McNair Mixed-Use: ~6-Acres at 3200 Post Oak Blvd.
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, decks05 said:

Bid documents were supposed to come out 9/18, but have been pushed back to 10/5. My company is bidding the curtain wall.

For the laymen around here (me), by curtain wall, are you referring to the below-ground walls that are put up once the foundation has been excavated, or is that something else?

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, mls1202 said:

For the laymen around here (me), by curtain wall, are you referring to the below-ground walls that are put up once the foundation has been excavated, or is that something else?

deleted

Edited by decks05
wrong information
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

^^^ @decks05 props for your contribution.  however, is it at all possible, to present to the forum a FINAL RENDERING/CONCEPT... of just what this MCNAIR development will look like?  we really have not witnessed anything FINAL thus far.  at least i do not think we have.  should you be permitted, THANK YOU in advance!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 9:14 AM, rechlin said:

I find it peculiar that you seem to be willing to die on a hill over calling it Transco (when it's been known as Williams since the last millennium), but then you talk about Burj Khalifa without even mentioning its original name, Burj Dubai.

The Burj's name was changed before it even opened. Transco was Transco for some time, and, IMO, "Transco Tower" is more interesting sounding than "Williams Tower." 

• Like 7