M Square: Mixed-Use Development At 3200 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

1 hour ago, Urbannizer said:

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9150397&postcount=19

House & Robertson, @hindesky posted a link to their page. Original design was by SOM. Munoz + Albin’s was a concept that was never chosen.

Yes, I went to that website.  What I can tell is that House & Robertson specialize in being the architect of record/project architect for many flashy design firms (Jean Nouvelle, Frank Gerhy etc.), as you can see by perusing their website they didn’t actually get accolades for designing some of those structures.  They did however make them work - which is an art form into its own right.  So, I am sorta thinking that maybe they’re not the designers(?), but the project architect… but hey, if they are good for them!

They are similar to a firm here locally - Kendall Heaton.  That firm served as the project/architect of record for the Beck Building for Rafael Moneo among others.

http://www.kendall-heaton.com

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 4

On 6/16/2021 at 5:44 PM, swtsig said:

From CoStar in an article regarding McNair's recently announced Westchase multifamily/active lifestyle development on the old Dow Chemical site:

So... is it still "on hold" or have they pulled the trigger? Things seem to be a bit more favorable now

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to New Galleria Tower: Richmond Ave At Post Oak Blvd
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to M Square: Mixed-Use at 3200 Post Oak Blvd

KPF huh? That should be a source for optimism for anyone worried about what the end result might look like. KPF is a really good firm. I believe they did one of the newer towers at Hudson Yards. This tower and site is very well within their competence level. I don't know who the Architect of Record is as KPF is based in NYC if I remember correctly. They are a global firm, but I'm not sure if they have any offices in Texas.

• Like 6

On 10/29/2021 at 1:00 PM, Urbannizer said:

2901_1_000_N250_large.jpg

If they are building this at the corner of Post Oak and Richmond, think what could be done with the Dillard's site, which is at least twice as desirable, without the freeway interchange stigma and dingy Richmond Ave. surroundings. I think we are going to see a lot of redevelopment along Post Oak Blvd. in the next 10 years.

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

If they are building this at the corner of Post Oak and Richmond, think what could be done with the Dillard's site, which is at least twice as desirable, without the freeway interchange stigma and dingy Richmond Ave. surroundings. I think we are going to see a lot of redevelopment along Post Oak Blvd. in the next 10 years.

The Dillard’s site is subject to the sweetheart Joske’s ground lease. I think it runs through the 2040’s. It’s not out of the question to buy out, but certainly an impediment to development as long as Dillard’s doesn’t go bust.

• Like 7