River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

ugh, everyone is thrown off by Urbs comment. he meant "here", as in theGALLERIA. the comment he quoted was in reference to the residential tower behind Saks Fifth Ave. Apparently "there" would of been a better choice of wording.

Yeah I was referring to this project, sorry for the confusion!

Regarding the hotel:

Last week, I dropped by the sales office for The Wilshire, on Westcreek north of ROD.  They have a large, very nice rendering of how the various projects on the street might turn out.    I chatted with the developer (a nice guy) and he pointed out a proposed hotel between their property and ROD, which he indicated would be a Ritz Carlton.  Although the rendering shows it as a mid-rise (e.g., 10 or so stories), he mentioned that it may wind up being taller.  

Interesting info.

• Like 5

I agree, and I would hate to see them "under build" that site.  On the other hand, the nearby St. Regis was once branded as a Ritz Carlton and it is only 12-13 stories.  However, that building was a product of the early 80s and was built as a Wyndham, as I recall.  The newer RCs I've seen fit what you described, tall with condos on top.  

I agree, and I would hate to see them "under build" that site. On the other hand, the nearby St. Regis was once branded as a Ritz Carlton and it is only 12-13 stories. However, that building was a product of the early 80s and was built as a Wyndham, as I recall. The newer RCs I've seen fit what you described, tall with condos on top.

The St. Regis is tiny. Small entrance, small lobby, small everything. The only thing that's not small is the pool area, which is really quite special.

ritz-tower-view-up.jpg

ritz-tower-view-down.jpg

blvd-place-2-aerial.jpg

^^^ yes, these are the initial renderings that the RITZ CARLTON had in store for the BLVD PLACE a few years back.  therefore, please let us PRAY that they decide to go this particular route in their design for our magnificent ROD.  

should they proceed with this prospective houston design concept...

STRATOSPHERE, here we come.....

• Like 5

i heard the first one to open will be Toulouse Cafe and Bar...it was supposed to be open already but now i am hearing sometime in december...not sure what the hold up is on all the restaurants being constructed but of course the hiring and training process will take longer than at a retail store...(and i am sure construction too but hey they have had lots of time haha!)

and in other news i found out just now that i won the iPic Theater social media/houston scavenger hunt grand prize of a 500.00 gift card!!!!!!!!!!!! yahOOoOOoOOoooOoOoo see ya at the movies!!! :)

• Like 7

i heard the first one to open will be Toulouse Cafe and Bar...it was supposed to be open already but now i am hearing sometime in december...not sure what the hold up is on all the restaurants being constructed but of course the hiring and training process will take longer than at a retail store...(and i am sure construction too but hey they have had lots of time haha!)

and in other news i found out just now that i won the iPic Theater social media/houston scavenger hunt grand prize of a 500.00 gift card!!!!!!!!!!!! yahOOoOOoOOoooOoOoo see ya at the movies!!! :)

Congratulations!

From one of the previous posts it sounds like that's enough for about two visits to iPic.  :P

• Like 2

congratulations.png

^^^ that is totally cool.  have BIG fun....

• Like 1

i got my star wars dec 17th 1045pm ticket the day they went on sale and later that day a buddy decided they did want to go afterall and it was sold out...i have already posted about how i am seeing it solo in a romantic "pod" seat with my mystery/blind date i have yet to meet haha!

• Like 1

The iPic pod movie experience is really cool, but $28 for a ticket for one person is crazy talk.

The Premium Plus seats range from $18-24 (weekday or weekend timing dependent) for members, and comes with Popcorn. I'm not sure if that's the same pricing for regular membership (free) as that's what I'm seeing as a Sapphire member. That was free to sign up for during the promo period, but i think its nominally $15/year and comes with a free ticket on your bday (use 7 days before or after).

We've talked about this before, its not some place I'll go regularly, but to splurge every once and a while its not too bad. And the food is pricey but really good at least. I'd rather pay $10-14 for a really high quality filling appetizer to split with someone over $5+ for regular theater popcorn somewhere else. And regular Premium seats ($12-14) aren't bad if you get the second row right in the middle. I saw Spectre that way and enjoyed every second of it.

• Like 2