George R. Brown Convention Center Redevelopment, Office Building & W Hotel

Sunstar

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the updates. Nice images. The convention center looks amazing. There is such a presence in that overall space that is somewhat breathtaking install. Cant wait for the new plaza out front and all of the barriers and construction down and done

25515251966_4ff4c7a92b_o.jpg3/5 by Chris Rojas, on Flickr

24910850444_65fd5a8642_o.jpg3/5 by Chris Rojas, on Flickr

25422845062_c54a350e70_o.jpg3/5 by Chris Rojas, on Flickr

25448652971_07dca3ab3e_o.jpg3/5 by Chris Rojas, on Flickr

The saying "you can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig" has now been disproven. This is such a dramatic improvement from the hideous dated look it was. Alas - we still have the dumb-*** red pipes but wow. What a makeover.

• Like 3

BTW - they are actively pursuing the hotel addition now for a 2018 opening. It'll be great high end brand. (Per those in the know).

logo.png?1368549867

^^^ i keep hoping that it could possibly become houston's downtown OMNI HOTEL.  

i am quite impressed with what OMNI has done for downtown dallas.  that hotel rocks!

• Like 1

Yippie! Houston First held a meeting yesterday where proposed hotels and restaurants were on the agenda. I wasn't able to make it. What were the other proposed retail and additional development? There are other meetings scheduled for this week too.

I don't see anything about proposed hotels in that agenda.

Edited by Houston19514

wow!!! it really is!!! i would have never thought i would be excited to see photographs of the GRB or even go inside but this is really looking amazing and cannot wait to have all the new restaurant and entertainment options. i already love discovery green and The Grove, so this is just making me like this area even more! thanks for posting that cool photo!

the bottom/west facing floor is being redone and will feature restaurants with patios and entertainment but not sure about the rest of the building...i would hope they do a little refreshing at least but haven't heard much about the inside of GRB