George R. Brown Convention Center Redevelopment, Office Building & W Hotel

Sunstar

I almost went to work for the company that is installing the art feature...it will have touch sensors that control the water flowing/falling from the top.  You will see a lot of kids running the length of the sculpture with the water "following" them as they go.  It should be pretty awesome.

• Like 4

Which skybridge?

My understanding is there is going to be a bridge across from the hotel to the convention center.

As I was riding home last night, I noticed a big lattice work of steel sitting in one lane of Rusk, I assume that is the bridge.

Tree is officially on top of the building today.

ha, did they just move it from one hotel to the next  ;)

My understanding is there is going to be a bridge across from the hotel to the convention center.

As I was riding home last night, I noticed a big lattice work of steel sitting in one lane of Rusk, I assume that is the bridge.

Cool. Thanks.

There will also be a skybridge connecting the GHP Building/parking garage to the convention center.  Hence my question as to which skybridge.  :-)

Cool. Thanks.

There will also be a skybridge connecting the GHP Building/parking garage to the convention center.  Hence my question as to which skybridge.  :-)

ah, yeah, my bad. I mistakenly associate all of the construction, parking garage, hotel, and office space, as part of the hotel since it all started at roughly the same time, is all the same area, and is all seeming to come together at the same time.

It's specifically the office/parking area, and the hotel itself doesn't get a skybridge (imagine how unhappy Hilton would be).

ah, yeah, my bad. I mistakenly associate all of the construction, parking garage, hotel, and office space, as part of the hotel since it all started at roughly the same time, is all the same area, and is all seeming to come together at the same time.

It's specifically the office/parking area, and the hotel itself doesn't get a skybridge (imagine how unhappy Hilton would be).

Not sure what you're trying to say in that last sentence.  To be clear, the Marriott Marquis will most certainly have a skybridge connecting it to the GRB; as does the Hilton Americas, so no cause for unhappiness in that regard.

• Like 3

Not sure what you're trying to say in that last sentence. To be clear, the Marriott Marquis will most certainly have a skybridge connecting it to the GRB; as does the Hilton Americas, so no cause for unhappiness in that regard.

then I'm very confused :)

Regardless of my lack of fusion, there's a skybridge being assembled.