Vertigo58

5 hours ago, Luminare said:

gkmD6QW.jpg

This was a site photo that was taken from someone on here awhile back and its 2 pages back from this post. Its a mockup for the apartment. What exactly is your definition of cheap? Because by an architects definition of cheap...these materials aren't cheap. Lots of metal panel, and lots of brick. Both are really expensive.

Vp8iN4Y.jpg

This a render of the apartment complex. I'm sure there were a few changes along the way, but the mockup matches the render. Actually it matches pretty well all things considered.

Maybe reserve judgement until the project is complete???

In that image you quoted, they are already beginning the scaffolding to use to lay brick. In fact most of this building will be some sort of masonry. You don't see any right now because what you are looking at isn't the finished facade, but its the vapor barrier, or plywood, or insulation which goes on before you put on the masonry. Another dead give away that there will be masonry on that facade is if you look at the edges at the bottom of the white portions you see you will find L Shape steel ledge which is where the masonry will sit.

I’d be thrilled to see it. Of all people, I️ tend To always be the ‘wait and see’ type. Image I️ quoted Looked to be near finished facade... I’ve seen plenty that have that stucco look. I️ trust You and the others - that this is nowhere near complete. I️ am Excited to see it come together

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Avossos said:

I’d be thrilled to see it. Of all people, I️ tend To always be the ‘wait and see’ type. Image I️ quoted Looked to be near finished facade... I’ve seen plenty that have that stucco look. I️ trust You and the others - that this is nowhere near complete. I️ am Excited to see it come together

I said the same about Sovereign at the Ballpark but now that I’m seeing some of the units getting painted and finished I’m liking it more. I think these are going to be really nice.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Avossos said:

So you are actually right about some parts of it though. Those white portions are Stucco with 1" reveals upon further examination. I think I'll post something later on where everything in the mockup will go on that facade. The design language of this one seems to be that in some areas brick will be on the main level with stucco and framed elements in metal panel, where brick will be above the main floor is as an accent within larger framed elements in black metal panel. This one has a very good mix of a lot of materials, so it should appeal to many. There's even some portions with horizonal wood plank.

Btw its okay to be impatient. Its a cool project. I know the next time I'm back in Houston I'd like to visit and stroll around.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

50,000 sf is too big for a Trader Joe's, unless it's some giant new format. I would say Whole Foods if there wasn't one just down the street. Unless they wanted to redevelop the existing store's land...which would be amazing. Plenty of precedent for them doing something like that too, though the Waugh Whole Foods is not very old at all.

Otherwise... large CityTarget? 

It sounds like this would be the lowrise retail + residential tower on the N side of the project, next to the apartment tower under construction. From a few pages back, we got a preview of what this might be:

"SITE B1
2 or 5 Story Mixed Services Concept TBD
End user is driving final concept. Once identified, design concept to be progressed further.

SITE B
High Rise TBD
No status currently"

The meeting packet identified Site B as the one I just mentioned. Recent renderings show a tower ~32 stories and a 1-2 story retail center there, so the plans may have changed (upsized even!) recently.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 9:05 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Small shell buildings at 3711 Autry Park Drive.  These are the circular buildings? Awesome!

hec2dI3.png

HDCUcQZ.png

TBKta6W.png

I have not read the other 10 pages in this thread, so I don't know if this was shared. If not, I think the restaurants listed are Benjamin Berg of Berg Hospitality. Earlier this year, CultureMap and possibly other publications reported Berg is leasing space for several concepts for the Autry Park mixed-use. The names of the restaurants weren't disclosed.

One of the restaurants is named Annabelle's and the other Benjamin's Cut. I think the latter may be similar to Underbelly Hospitality's Georgia James Tavern.

• Like 3