Vertigo58

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope like hell that this is not the final product for a sidewalk, it has just enough room for 1 person and looks to be about 30" wide. If someone were to encounter another person, someone is going to walk on the street or in the grass while trying not to get killed by a car. This is on the north side sidewalk on W. Dallas by the mid rise portion of the Hanover Autry Park.

wPUoALJ.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

On 4/18/2021 at 7:31 PM, hindesky said:

I hope like hell that this is not the final product for a sidewalk, it has just enough room for 1 person and looks to be about 30" wide. If someone were to encounter another person, someone is going to walk on the street or in the grass while trying not to get killed by a car. This is on the north side sidewalk on W. Dallas by the mid rise portion of the Hanover Autry Park.

wPUoALJ.jpg

WTF!?!? This better be temporary or I'm going to complain like hell

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

wPUoALJ.jpg

I say it be named the Barney Fife memorial sidewalk, since he would be one of the few to comfortable walk on it.

That is so Houston. A too-narrow sidewalk interrupted by a utility pole, mere inches from a busy street. Seems like a lot of expense to build a temporary concrete sidewalk. I'll be surprised if it's replaced by something adequate. 
How much you want to bet that the developer crows about the "high walkability score" of this project?