Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

11 hours ago, Triton said:

Whatever happened to the renderings somebody posted here? I never saw it but I think there were two large towers?

11 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

I believe the company threatened legal action if HAIF didn't take them down. 

This website apparently doesn't care about take-down requests:

https://skyrisecities.com/database/projects/district

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

I am not as surprised about the massive investment in midtown. Midtown in the 1980's and into the mid 1990's was derelict and run down. The change in the last twenty years has been amazing. Considering midtown is close to downtown with all it's sports and entertainment venues, the Theater district, Rice U, the museum district, Hermann Park, etc I would be surprised if it had not developed.

and proximity to the Medical Center as well!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Diaspora said:

That last block involves the question of whether they purchase the Green Sheet building.

The Greensheet building (1000 McGowen) was purchased by a separate entity back in 2016.

Renovations have yet to begin which makes me think they are working with Caydon to open up the backside to the Laneway that will lead to the building.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corbs315 said:

Sorry if I missed someone else posting it, but there’s a billboard on 59S before the Fannin exit 

edit: I took a pic and tried to upload but I’m still woefully inept at it. Here’s a link. 

http://imgur.com/fbWwpZw

Thanks!

The trick with Imgur is to upload the image, then right click on the image itself to copy the image URL. Don't copy the sharing link that Imgur gives you or the URL from your browser.

Then you can add the picture to your HAIF post by using the "Insert other media" in the lower right corner and pasting in the image URL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alec said:

Thanks!

The trick with Imgur is to upload the image, then right click on the image itself to copy the image URL. Don't copy the sharing link that Imgur gives you or the URL from your browser.

Then you can add the picture to your HAIF post by using the "Insert other media" in the lower right corner and pasting in the image URL.

I use imgur too. What I do is simply click on the image and then to the right of the image are a bunch of options to get the url. There is an option second from the bottom which is called "BBCode" which is something specifically used for forums and message boards. All you do is click the copy button and the ctrl+v paste it into wherever in your text description. When you are done writing your reply comment to or posting in the thread then it will show once you do "submit".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

We still have billboards on telephone poles. Old Houston.

I never realized those were basically telephone poles. Mind. Blown. 

Lights are coming on downstairs in the building, but I don't know if they are gonna make their July deadline. If they somehow do it, is there a HAIF star for non-delayed projects that can be given to them? 😂 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Leasing, Resident & Retail Parking.

Q980dmf.jpg

Bn3ENBB.jpg

Rooftop garden materials:

kZ8pLTn.jpg

When a development starts years after Camden and still manages to finish their building and sidewalks/streetscape before them.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MarathonMan said:

The sidewalks are really nice,  but the trees are soooooo close to the building.  They can only branch out in one direction.

Actually they can branch out in 3 directions. Just not towards the building, but I understand your point. 

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 1

Theres a banner up saying "award winning sushi restuarant and bar" is moving in, and they also put up a sign some kind of fitness looking place is moving in.

Have they already said what places are going to be on the ground floor?

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, X.R. said:

Theres a banner up saying "award winning sushi restuarant and bar" is moving in, and they also put up a sign some kind of fitness looking place is moving in.

Have they already said what places are going to be on the ground floor?

@CrockpotandGravel I think someone is ringing haha. This is your expertise.