Fortune

Yes :lol:

I just looked up that story again online to see what happened to him after that happened and read that he committed suicide a few months ago. :o

Yea, this small complex is taking forever to build. Skyhouse 15 will be done before this thing.

• Like 1

This has to be the slowest construction site in all of Houston. They have all of 1 floor done, at this rate it may be 5 years till completion.

Looks like groundbreaking was 12/11/13.

by the end of spring 2014 they were still digging. basement floor started about the start of June, and this floor started in Sept.

So about 5/6 months of digging

3/4 months for basement floor.

4/5 months for 1st floor.

This thing is really slow as molasses. Almost 15 months in and we have one floor off the ground.

We still have 4 more floors to go. So I guess it will top out by super bowl and be ready for move in a year later.

In the meantime Skyhouse will be topping off their 12th building

Edited by HoustonIsHome
  • Like 9

This project is definitely slow, but the footprint is roughly 4x that of skyhouse. So maybe not quite as slow as it seems in that comparison.

Yeah, but the footprint should be similar to the building going up on the Foley site, and that one surely didn't take 9 months to build basement and 1st floor.

If anything the Foley site looks more completed as they are working with a garage and a Comercial tower simultaneously.

• Like 3

I heard that potential design changes were the reason for delay.  I don't know if any were chosen or if it will be built according to the original rendering. 

This is a good guess. It would explain why they have taken this long to construct the first floor since that is the one that will be carrying most of the load as I would assume the rest is metal stud frame or wood stud frame. If they are changing the design then that means they have to factor in everything which means this isn't just an aesthetic change, but could be a full redesign.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...