Office Tower At 1111 Travis St.

burgower4

That angle makes me appreciate it's shape relative to the neighboring buildings. I know it's been stated before, I just didn't appreciate it until now. Would be nice if it were about twice the height (although I'm glad it's not blocking the 1000 Main roof). It's great to see it in full rainbow mode. A little connection to other large cities around the globe.

Still got a bit to go before it tops out - it'll be about 30' shorter than 1301 Fannin, the white building to 1111 Travis's left.  I'm guessing it'll end up just a tad higher than where the taller of its crane booms is in this picture.

• Like 4

By Russell Hancock on Flickr

16632435796_492b9eeb61_k.jpg

Those three surface lots in the foreground by Toyota center are PRIME residential lots.

If I was a developer with money, Id throw up a bunch of resi towers surrounding the Rockets home base.

Or that grassy lot next to 59 could make a nice pocket park, with the other lots being resi.

• Like 2

Those three surface lots in the foreground by Toyota center are PRIME residential lots.

If I was a developer with money, Id throw up a bunch of resi towers surrounding the Rockets home base.

Or that grassy lot next to 59 could make a nice pocket park, with the other lots being resi.

I believe the grassy block and the two blocks on either side of the Hilton garage are planned for a future convention center expansion.

• Like 4