BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

Nice shots Twitter 1. Its amazing how many new high rises have been built in Uptown galleria area in the last two years. 

I count about 14 new building over 20 stories or more. Thats some pretty quick infill.

BP Billiton

Hanover 1

Hanover 2

Wilshire 

Arabella

Skyhouse

BBVA compass 

Amegy 

Fertitta tower 

Skanska across from Neimans

Astoria

Hyatt Regency Galleria

Belfiore

and the new hotel going up next to bbva compass

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

A Houston real estate investment trust is making a mammoth real estate acquisition of two Texas properties, including BLVD Place, the Whole Foods-anchored shopping and office complex on Post Oak Boulevard.

Whitestone REIT, which is also buying Eldorado Plaza in the Dallas suburb of McKinney, said Wednesday that it will spend $204.6 million for both properties.

The acquisition of the 216,944-square-foot BLVD Place will come with 1.43 acres of land where Whitesone plans to build a six-story building with 46,000 square feet of retail space on the first two floors and 91,000 square feet of office space on the top four. The company estimates the development cost will be $45 million.

BLVD Place is owned by an entity including the project's original developer, Ed Wulfe of Houston-based Wulfe & Co.

The BLVD Place acquisition is Whitestone's 28th property in the Houston region. The company, which owns, manages and develops retail centers across Sunbelt markets, had its initial public offering in 2010.

Whitestone says it is negotiating financing terms with potential lenders to fund a portion of the BLVD Place purchase price with $80 million in mortgage financing.

El Dorado Plaza is home to corporate tenants, including Coca-Cola, Wells Fargo, Pizza Hut, Hilton Hotels, NexBank, iHeart Communications and Mary Kay Cosmetics.

The property contains 221,577 square feet of space, and Whitestone will have the option to purchase an additional 1.86 acres of land that would allow it to build approximately 24,000 square feet of additional space. Eldorado Plaza is 97 percent leased, and Whitestone expects to fund a portion of the purchase price with borrowings under its unsecured revolving credit facility.

Both properties are expected to close next month.

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Whitestone-REIT-buys-Uptown-s-BLVD-Place-11084662.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

confirms a new  6 story building is coming with two stories of retail

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

That is the existing building fronting on Post Oak (housing Whole Foods)

^^^ props for clarifying this fact @Houston19514  as i was pasting it on, i harbored a sneaking feeling that something was quite familiar with the whole complex.  and yet, it still looked like a brand spanking new concept/rendering of a forthcoming addition.  (fool me once i guess) props again for pointing it out......

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Ocean Prime may still open in Blvd Place. It's listed on recent marketing materials for 2412 Washington Avenue:

vgOWMGV.jpg

n8FqBcD.jpg

One never knows, but I would put about zero weight on this marketing piece with regard to Ocean Prime.  It looks like they just took some dated listing for Blvd Place. Note it also lists RDG+Bar Annie, which has since changed names, and Phillipe Restaurant, which I think was two concepts in the past.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...