BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Downtown Houston and westheimer

That is my life for the past 22 years in this photograph! I see my 2 different apartment complexes I have rented and the condo i now own (all on McCue) and my office (once on Post Oak and now on Chevy Chase/Sage) ...I wonder what this photo would have looked like 22 years ago! ALOT different that is for sure! 

• Like 6

This is really nice. I really like the way the curtain wall recedes into the building. 

Its worth noting to those defenders of Randall Davis how little things make a big difference in the quality of an overall design.

Look at Arabella and perhaps you will see the difference.

• Like 5

Hanover builds attractive high-rises.  I think we're lucky to have them.  Their joint project (Northshore) with Trammell Crow in Austin is nice also.   I had high hopes for Arabella, but it is turning out to be a bright white eyesore that I look at every day, and that bugs me.  Its been said before, but an advantage of living in such a building is that you don't have to look at it. 

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, bobruss said:

This is really nice. I really like the way the curtain wall recedes into the building. 

Its worth noting to those defenders of Randall Davis how little things make a big difference in the quality of an overall design.

Look at Arabella and perhaps you will see the difference.

"God is in the details." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

So is talent.

• Like 1

As a lifelong Houstonian, one of my regrets is how few developers here arrange for "good" architecture.  Compared to the late 70s, early 80s.  I recall that during that time, some people in Dallas were concerned that they weren't getting the same quality of design.  Since then, I think they have had a lot more good design that we have had here. 

• Like 3