Taco Bell At 1817 S. Shepherd Dr.

Highrise Tower

45 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

WOAH! That was my go to spot! Any idea what's going here?

I've seen several Taco Bells that were demo'd just to have the new version of the current layout replaced. Honestly, my bet really would be another Taco Bell. 

• Like 3

Rode by and found Cherry still working here. I asked a worker what they were going to build but he didn't know, "we just take it down" someone else is going to build it. Notice the pipes to be used for underground water retention.

Akt37BT.jpg

mWwJqgN.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

Hopefully its not another Taco Bell 😅, we deserve better than a restaurant that has a website that tells you their food can cause cancer.

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 1.50.08 PM.png

Taco Bell doesn't serve fish and the fried warning applies to every single restaurant in the world that fries their food. Go to any fast food website and they all have the same disclaimers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2021 at 8:46 AM, sapo2367 said:

To be fair to tbell, pretty much everything qualifies for CA's cancer warnings

https://www.popsci.com/california-coffee-cancer-warning/

Research grants run amok?  Get CA to give me a $50M grant and I'll cite someone who was born and then got cancer sometime in their lives.  'Cause there's obviously a link between being born and getting cancer.

After spending $5.00 of the grant money at kinko's, you can reach me at my new tropical beach resort research center next to all the other CA researchers.  🍺

• Like 1

lol all this for saying we deserve something healthier 😅 my closest friend is a nutritionist and a trainer, but it doesn't take the brightest person to acknowledge that a fast food restaurant like taco bell isn't healthy. Their "beef" was found to have only "36% actual beef" the rest is filler, they even add cocoa powder to the meat to give it color. I can go on and on about how many of these fast food restaurants are not healthy, the internet is free and so are people's will to choose where to eat. All I said was I wish we had healthier options (we have fast food restaurants on almost every single block in the city).

These "everything causes cancer" and "water and commies" posts are corny, we have to stop acting like America doesn't have a health problem, America literally has the highest Obesity rate among developed countries. I can go on and on, but we allll know America is very "healthy" and we need to do better. 

I eat at Taco Bell at best 2-3 times a year and it's often times because I had to work late and wasn't in the mood to cook or because I left a late night concert and they are one of the few things open. The Montrose area has lost many fast food options since I first moved here. Burger King, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, KFC, Arby's, and now Taco Bell. Some of those have been replaced with healthier options, Sweetgreen took over the old Wendy's. I rarely eat fast food but sometimes it's a simple convenient option. If you don't like fast food places, don't eat at fast food places. I personally like to have the option when the occasion arises.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I eat at Taco Bell at best 2-3 times a year and it's often times because I had to work late and wasn't in the mood to cook or because I left a late night concert and they are one of the few things open. The Montrose area has lost many fast food options since I first moved here. Burger King, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, KFC, Arby's, and now Taco Bell. Some of those have been replaced with healthier options, Sweetgreen took over the old Wendy's. I rarely eat fast food but sometimes it's a simple convenient option. If you don't like fast food places, don't eat at fast food places. I personally like to have the option when the occasion arises.

What's funny/ironic is that there were virtually no national fast food outlets in Montrose 40 years ago. It was considered to be too risky an area to make that kind of investment.
When the fast food outlets started moving in, people regarded it as as sign the neighborhood was becoming too mainstream, and that that the little mom-and-pop places would soon fold up and disappear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now days in Montrose you can go to Burger Joint or Velvet Taco for fairly fast food even to take out (despite no drive thru)...there are other late night places of course (like BB's and Katz) but these 2 seem to be pretty darn quick even just for walking up and not ordering in advance :)

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 2:52 PM, Amlaham said:

lol all this for saying we deserve something healthier 😅 my closest friend is a nutritionist and a trainer, but it doesn't take the brightest person to acknowledge that a fast food restaurant like taco bell isn't healthy. Their "beef" was found to have only "36% actual beef" the rest is filler, they even add cocoa powder to the meat to give it color. I can go on and on about how many of these fast food restaurants are not healthy, the internet is free and so are people's will to choose where to eat. All I said was I wish we had healthier options (we have fast food restaurants on almost every single block in the city).

These "everything causes cancer" and "water and commies" posts are corny, we have to stop acting like America doesn't have a health problem, America literally has the highest Obesity rate among developed countries. I can go on and on, but we allll know America is very "healthy" and we need to do better. 

Freedom is a double-edged sword.  But I'll take the option to make the choices myself vs allowing some entity to make those choices for me.  The consequences are mine also.

As for obesity, no one ever considers how when the zombie apocalypse happens we'll survive longer.  Those skinny French will be dead of starvation in a week or two. 😛