Taco Bell At 1817 S. Shepherd Dr.

Highrise Tower

On 6/30/2021 at 2:52 PM, Amlaham said:

lol all this for saying we deserve something healthier 😅 my closest friend is a nutritionist and a trainer, but it doesn't take the brightest person to acknowledge that a fast food restaurant like taco bell isn't healthy. Their "beef" was found to have only "36% actual beef" the rest is filler, they even add cocoa powder to the meat to give it color. I can go on and on about how many of these fast food restaurants are not healthy, the internet is free and so are people's will to choose where to eat. All I said was I wish we had healthier options (we have fast food restaurants on almost every single block in the city).

These "everything causes cancer" and "water and commies" posts are corny, we have to stop acting like America doesn't have a health problem, America literally has the highest Obesity rate among developed countries. I can go on and on, but we allll know America is very "healthy" and we need to do better. 

I’m pretty sure the number was actually 86% beef, and the other 14% was water and spices. Cocoa powder is traditionally added to mole sauces in Mexican cuisine, which is why they would be using this as an ingredient. If it were for color, they would be using Caramel Color, which is basically a small amount of almost-burnt sugar.

I am not trying to advocate Taco Bell as a health restaurant, but your post is nothing more than uneducated fear-mongering. Taco Bell has long been one of the only major fast food chains offering suitable options for a vegan diet. If you ignore all the stuff targeted to stoners and look at some of their fresher offerings from the Cantina menu, they have some reasonably balanced options (health-wise). People try to act like the occasional unhealthy meal will be completely detrimental to your health, but it really won’t make a difference for most people who aren’t athletes or adhering to a very specific diet. There’s a limit to how “healthy” your diet can really be, and as long as you’re eating a nice variety with relatively balanced macronutrients, you’re already receiving about 90% of the beneficial effects from a healthy diet. That other 10% can only be achieved through strict adherence to something like a vegan or ketogenic diet.

Fast food gets a bad reputation, but some of the most famous, highly regarded Michelin Star chefs have admitted to their love for fast food. If these people, who have elevated modern cuisine into a well-respected art form, are still able to enjoy fast food despite their years of culinary training and highly developed palate, I think it’s kinda silly to act like this type of food is somehow beneath you.

I understand your health concerns, but fast food exists for convenience, and of all the major fast food restaurants, Taco Bell is one of the healthiest at the lowest price point. They’re one of the only potentially healthy options for busy people living in poverty who don’t have the time/money for anything better.

Maybe cut them a little slack

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Brittanie Shey said:

I was hoping Houston might get a Taco Bell Cantina so I contacted their PR but the Shepherd location is just being rebuilt as a new "regular" Taco Bell. No idea on the Taylor location.

I would have loved to see a Cantina. Have you done any sleuthing on the former KFC? Owner is a local developer and it has been years since it closed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a cool concept being built in Brooklyn Park, Minn.

egXfWn5.png

Taco Bell Defy, an innovative new Taco Bell restaurant design that will “defy norms and define the future,” is set to break ground in Brooklyn Park, Minn., later this year.

The 3,000-sf, two-story restaurant concept features a first-of-its-kind Vertical Works-licensed design with a footprint that will be smaller than or equal to existing store footprints but have the ability to serve more customers. The project will reimagine the traditional drive-thru experience to create a new, contactless pickup experience that will be the fastest way ever to get Taco Bell.

The new drive-thru experience will feature four lanes, three of which are dedicated to mobile or delivery order pickups for customers who order through the Taco Bell app and third-party delivery services. The three lanes will supplement one traditional lane to ease the flow of traffic and ensure the speedy experience.

Digital check-in screens will allow mobile order customers to scan in their order via a unique QR code. Customers can then pull forward to receive their food courtesy of a proprietary lift system that integrates two-way audio and video technology so customers can interact directly with the team members above in real time. This elevated kitchen design will optimize and streamline operations for the benefit of both team members and customers.

In addition to Vertical Works, Taco Bell Defy is also made possible by Border Foods, one of the largest privately held Taco Bell franchisees in America. Taco Bell Defy is slated to open to the public by summer 2022.

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/taco-bell-defy-will-revolutionize-drive-thru-experience?oly_enc_id=9107D0450578D1S

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so wait they tore down the old to make room for an almost exact replica? were there issues with the building itself? seems like a waste of money to not just renovate then...i wanted that kooky 2 story one if we had to have it haha 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...