Discovery West: Mixed-Use Development Downtown By Skanska

Moore713

45 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

Will interesting to see how the store turns out since most of their locations are only drive through. 

spacer.png

^^^ @Amlaham you must NEVER EVER lose sight of just who has developed this magnificent structure... SKANSKA.  these people do not play games whenever it comes to their developments/properties.  you had better believe that they are already highly abreast of any and all regarding... ON THE GRIND COFFEE.  this newest location is right on the green, and they shall leave no stone left unturned to ensure that this newest establishment becomes a downtown shining star.  just you wait and see...  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, monarch said:

spacer.png

^^^ @TacoDog ON THE GRIND coffee boutique shall be located at 1550 ON THE GREEN - downtown houston.  @hindesky has provided a clear link for all to utilize.  it's all there...

What link did @hindesky post that says this is the same company? I'm sorry but it isn't so clear to me, and if it was so clear as you say, you would have been able to show me the first time.

On 8/18/2023 at 6:59 PM, hindesky said:

cALkp6r.pngwfM3r6U.png

15 hours ago, phillip_white said:

I would agree that nothing says On The Grind. 1550 OTG is most likely an abbreviation for 1550 On The Green. And On The Grind appears to only have San Antonio area locations, so expanding to Houston would probably be announced in some sort of press release. 

I agree with @phillip_white. I'll also add what's listed on the TDLR filing is not the name of the coffee shop slated for Discovery West.

Sometimes these filings have filler names or something generic describing the project. It could be because a name hasn't been decided at the time of filing, owner wants to withhold name from the public, or a number of reasons.

Back to the coffee shop and cafe leasing a 1,200 sf unit at 1500 Lamar St, I don't think it's On the Grind either (mainly for the same reasons Phillip provided). Instead, I'm assuming the cafe and coffee shop is a downtown outpost of Common Bond On-the-Go. 

ArchiTangent's website includes some their projects. Multiple Common Bond restaurants are in their portfolio. Going off this and the square footage for this project, it's likely  Common Bond On-the-Go is leasing a unit at Discovery West.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

I agree with @phillip_white. I'll also add what's listed on the TDLR filing is not the name of the coffee shop slated for Discovery West.

Sometimes these filings have filler names or something generic describing the project. It could be because a name hasn't been decided at the time of filing, owner wants to withhold name from the public, or a number of reasons.

Back to the coffee shop and cafe leasing a 1,200 sf unit at 1500 Lamar St, I don't think it's On the Grind either (mainly for the same reasons Phillip provided). Instead, I'm assuming the cafe and coffee shop is a downtown outpost of Common Bond On-the-Go. 

ArchiTangent's website includes some their projects. Multiple Common Bond restaurants are in their portfolio. Going off this and the square footage for this project, it's likely  Common Bond On-the-Go is leasing a unit at Discovery West.

spacer.png

^^^ @phillip_white @TacoDog @hindesky gentlemen/ladies please allow yourselves to GAZE into the CRYSTAL BALL.  as you may attest, my CRYSTAL BALL is nothing more than a wild cornucopia of chaos, discombobulation, and towards the very end... a small bit of love.  however, as CRYSTAL BALLS come and go, mine seems to be a bit defective, it doesn't really tell the actual future.  therefore, whenever one of our most committed and hard-working HAIFERS such as @hindesky presents us with a small bit of knowledge (INCLUDING AN ACTIVE LINK) regarding something new that is forthcoming into a new development (HECK, EVEN AN OLD DEVELOPMENT) i then click upon the presented link and i take him at his word.  i then present him a LIKE for bringing forth this newest insight.  should you desire to go along with the added TDLR filing or not, that is your prerogative.  however, @hindesky presented us with a full LINK with added information that seemed a bit more authentic in my most honest opinion (SAME ADDRESS, RETAIL SUITE A, SAME DEVELOPMENT, YOU GET THE PICTURE) all you had to do is CLICK ON THE PROVIDED LINK and absorbed the information.  nothing more, nothing less.  should you not be able to LOCATE THE LINK, then just scroll down/upward and search again... TRUST ME, ITS THERE.  nonetheless, you may now take your eyes away from the CRYSTAL BALL, because at the very end... LOVE WINS!   

5 hours ago, monarch said:

spacer.png

^^^ @phillip_white @TacoDog @hindesky gentlemen/ladies please allow yourselves to GAZE into the CRYSTAL BALL.  as you may attest, my CRYSTAL BALL is nothing more than a wild cornucopia of chaos, discombobulation, and towards the very end... a small bit of love.  however, as CRYSTAL BALLS come and go, mine seems to be a bit defective, it doesn't really tell the actual future.  therefore, whenever one of our most committed and hard-working HAIFERS such as @hindesky presents us with a small bit of knowledge (INCLUDING AN ACTIVE LINK) regarding something new that is forthcoming into a new development (HECK, EVEN AN OLD DEVELOPMENT) i then click upon the presented link and i take him at his word.  i then present him a LIKE for bringing forth this newest insight.  should you desire to go along with the added TDLR filing or not, that is your prerogative.  however, @hindesky presented us with a full LINK with added information that seemed a bit more authentic in my most honest opinion (SAME ADDRESS, RETAIL SUITE A, SAME DEVELOPMENT, YOU GET THE PICTURE) all you had to do is CLICK ON THE PROVIDED LINK and absorbed the information.  nothing more, nothing less.  should you not be able to LOCATE THE LINK, then just scroll down/upward and search again... TRUST ME, ITS THERE.  nonetheless, you may now take your eyes away from the CRYSTAL BALL, because at the very end... LOVE WINS!   

So rather than apologize for your condescending remark you choose to throw hindesky under the bus!  Classic!  Give yourself one of those gold trophies!  😂

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, steve1363 said:

So rather than apologize for your condescending remark you choose to throw hindesky under the bus!  Classic!  Give yourself one of those gold trophies!  😂

spacer.png

^^^ @steve1363 leave it to YOU to totally misconstrue my prior post and completely reinterpret it to fit your creepy disposition.  @hindesky has got to be one of the hardest working and most well-respected HAIFERS upon this forum.  i ALWAYS present him with his props, and will gladly continue to do so.  i guess that i should not be surprised to find someone with only (#205 postings) to try and create division among long-time HAIFERS.  NICE TRY THO.  oh, and about that "bus" you brought up... you may want to steer clear of it.  "gold trophy" accepted...  

• Like 3

Below is a post from @hindesky pertaining to the estimated completion of 1550 On the Green:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/46107-westmont-mixed-use-development-coming-to-montrose/?do=findComment&comment=686500

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

Shawn Murphy from Skanska spoke at the Neartown Association meeting tonight. He said they are concentrating on finishing up 1550 On The Green by January...

• Like 2

On 8/18/2023 at 7:59 PM, hindesky said:

On The Grind Coffee.

https://otgcoffee.com

Architect - https://www.architangent.com

cALkp6r.pngwfM3r6U.png

On 8/19/2023 at 12:12 PM, TacoDog said:

Isn't the name listed as On The Green Coffee, not Grind? 

On 8/20/2023 at 11:47 AM, phillip_white said:

I would agree that nothing says On The Grind. 1550 OTG is most likely an abbreviation for 1550 On The Green. And On The Grind appears to only have San Antonio area locations, so expanding to Houston would probably be announced in some sort of press release. 

On 8/21/2023 at 3:33 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Following the filing of an architectural barriers project with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), a plan review fee permit was recently filed for OTG Coffee. It is a coffee shop/ coffee bar. This will be located at 1550 Lamar St, Suite 110 in On the Green.

It's possible @TacoDog may be correct in regards to the coffee shop's name. In the TDLR filing, an entity of Skanska is the listed owner. So, instead of On the Grind, Common Bond On-the-Go, maybe the name is On the Green Coffee. 

I suppose we'll find out whenever Skanska distributes a press release.

JemHbmS.png

• Like 4