Discovery West: Mixed-Use Development Downtown By Skanska

Moore713

17 hours ago, Jas3 said:

Discovery green is our own miniature version of Central Park. It's totally surrounded by buildings now which makes it look great.

I love Discovery Green, but Central Park is both a truly urban park and an excellent big park. More like DG + Hermann Park combined, with easy walking access for tens (hundreds?) of thousands and easy transit access for millions.

But I do love both Discovery Green and Hermann Park. Any place that can feel lively and peaceful at the same time is a win in my book. 

(Memorial is also an excellent park, I must acknowledge. But there's something discomfitting about it for me. Not quite sure what.)

Anyway, neat rooftop arboretum in these photos!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 004n063 said:

I love Discovery Green, but Central Park is both a truly urban park and an excellent big park. More like DG + Hermann Park combined, with easy walking access for tens (hundreds?) of thousands and easy transit access for millions.

But I do love both Discovery Green and Hermann Park. Any place that can feel lively and peaceful at the same time is a win in my book. 

(Memorial is also an excellent park, I must acknowledge. But there's something discomfitting about it for me. Not quite sure what.)

Anyway, neat rooftop arboretum in these photos!

I love Central Park! I was there a few weeks ago and took a picture:

D31302A3-7B1C-4482-959D-52B7E9F0BD7A.jpeg

FYI, that’s not a squirrel 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 004n063 said:

have you been there since the recent changes? You might change you mind about that.

13 minutes ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

have you been there since the recent changes? You might change you mind about that.

Oh yes I've been a few times. It's a great park. I think it's just the fact that the whole northern half of the park is very hostile to bikes, but it's the only one with neighborhood access. I don't love that I have to cross (or ride on a sidewalk along) what is basically a highway in order to get there. 

Something I love about Mason Park and Hermann Park and Buffalo Bayou park(s) and even Discovery Green is how easy they are to get to without a car. I feel like Memorial is kind of quietly dismissive of the idea of bikes as transportation.

But anyway, looking forward to Skanska's wrapping this up so the east end of the Lamar St. bike lane can open up again! 

• Like 4