Warehouse District: Mixed-Use By Urban Genesis

Urbannizer

2 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

I’ll give them credit for not being a developer that demo’s coolish historic buildings and then doesn’t actually build anything *cough* Exxon *cough*

Isn't that how you start to return the land to it's natural state?

9 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

I’ll give them credit for not being a developer that demo’s coolish historic buildings and then doesn’t actually build anything *cough* Exxon *cough*

If you are thinking about the building on Milam and the old YMCA building, that was Chevron, not Exxon. I don't recall reading about Exxon demolishing historic buildings

• Like 1

Downtown Houston's Development Map finally showing the Warehouse District on their map. They also started showing the Frost Town Brewing since it's close to opening. Work has started on the middle section's foundation which is also part of Phase I.

2sNEep8.jpg

YVtnlcT.png

oLH31xO.jpg

wL70I3U.jpg

The large section.

NSrFnn4.jpg

ETrMxZd.jpg

The Phase II section plat.

lCCYqE0.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is quite a bold plan for Urban Genesis - almost a whole campus. I’ve been pleased with their work so far, but tearing down the historic warehouse made me seriously doubt them.

I hope I am again ‘pleasantly surprised’.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Paco Jones said:

UG made a deal with the HHA (prior to starting) to develop the land and then turn it over to them. I believe they have done this for almost all of their properties that are being developed here. 

Are you saying this whole project is affordable housing? Plot twist*

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iah77 said:

Are you saying this whole project is affordable housing? Plot twist*

All this time, and it's affordable housing? Plot twist indeed. If most of what Urban Genesis does is this, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, astrohip said:

All this time, and it's affordable housing? Plot twist indeed. If most of what Urban Genesis does is this, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before now.

Me too, that would totally explain why the they did a bait and switch with tearing down the beautiful warehouse. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...