What do you mean?

Everyone knew Joey Crawford was going to put Yao in foul trouble as soon as it was announced he would be reffing the game. I do think however that Yao needed to be more aggressive. It's good that he draws a double team and kicks it out for threes, but he needs to learn to force the issue sometimes even when the double team is there or coming and/or take the shot before the double team gets there.

Also, yall should read the daily dime report on ESPN. JA Adande explains that Kobe's elbow by league rules could actually get him suspended (as it got Dwight Howard suspended, too)

Only one of Yao's fouls were questionable. I can't stand it when a player argues with a ref when their guilt is plainly obvious. It seems like Yao still hasn't learned the rules of defense.

How a 7'6" player can continually lose the jumpball tip is beyond belief.

He even knocked a simply defensive rebound opportunity into a basket for the Lakers!

Yao is a great offensive threat/freethrower...but a butterfingered & effortless rebounder.

Actually, he's not.

I totally know that Ron isnt the exact same Ron as he was in 2004 but Ron still carries that passion, intensity and everything else with him whenever he plays. Just because he isnt the same Ron that will jump into the crowd, doesnt make him any less dangerous when it comes to pissing him off.

Ron hasnt gone soft just because he can better control himself.

Like he said "I told him, 'You're hitting the wrong person. Don't you know you're hitting Ron Artest?' "

Its kind of funny, because earlier in the game Ron had been trying to make conversation with Kobe whenever they had a free moment, smiling and telling jokes or something, and Kobe acted totally uninterested.

Edited by kylejack

The Lakers are arrogant, I think we've all seen that by now.

So, in light of their character, I'm going to say the Rockets will win this series based on the fact that, "Pride Comes Before the Fall."

They may end up winning on talent alone, but I don't think so.

:) Go Rockets!

I am usually not much of a conspiracy guy, but there is NO WAY anyone can convince me that the league hasn't sent orders down to make sure the Lakers advance. How in the hell did Artest get called for a flagrant two tonight and get ejected again? Total joke.

The league wants Kobe vs. James.

Last year, the league wanted an old fashioned Celtics vs. Lakers final so they could remind us 1000 times about Bird vs. Magic and sell lots of ads and old school jerseys.

Yeah, that was a horrible call, but the game was over by then anyway. The rockets have nobody to blame but themselves. Turnovers will be their demise. They're taking away points from themselves and giving them away to the Lakers.

Yeah, that was a horrible call, but the game was over by then anyway. The rockets have nobody to blame but themselves. Turnovers will be their demise. They're taking away points from themselves and giving them away to the Lakers.

The problem is that a flagrant 2 means automatic suspension for the next game. Unless the NBA uses common sense that was a hard foul, he will out for game 4. The bigger concern is Yao. Looks like he won't be playing. As well as the Lakers played, they never really put the Rox away. We still had our chances and it was like they were begging us to come back. The Rox can still make it interesting by winning tomorrow. Get rid of all those turnovers and BETTER DECISION making please!! I just want the Rox to push the Lakers to a 7th game so that Denver can crush them!

Edited by sifuwong

The problem is that a flagrant 2 means automatic suspension for the next game. Unless the NBA uses common sense that was a hard foul, he will out for game 4. The bigger concern is Yao. Looks like he won't be playing. As well as the Lakers played, they never really put the Rox away. We still had our chances and it was like they were begging us to come back. The Rox can still make it interesting by winning tomorrow. Get rid of all those turnovers and BETTER DECISION making please!! I just want the Rox to push the Lakers to a 7th game so that Denver can crush them!

Actually, it just means they get tossed out of the current game. That's why we were awaiting to see if Derek Fisher would be suspended. Plus, JFV asked right after it happened if he'd be suspended and they said no.

Did you see Yao's bruise on his knee while he was sitting down? ouch

Actually, it just means they get tossed out of the current game. That's why we were awaiting to see if Derek Fisher would be suspended. Plus, JFV asked right after it happened if he'd be suspended and they said no.

Did you see Yao's bruise on his knee while he was sitting down? ouch

Artest's foul was downgraded to a flagrant 1, so he can play in game 4.

If a player has too many cumulative flagrant fouls, they can be kicked out of the series.

That's why Kobe's 'after-game' flagrant had significance.

Gee, what a surprise.(sarcastic) <_<

I don't blame Yao for that or in general player's who get hurt. People can't help getting inujured for the most part. I'm sure if he had it his way he would not be injured. We can't blame him for that.

time for clutch city to rear it's face ;)

as much as i think the series is now officially over now that yao's out, it might not be completely

think about all the times yao has been out and on the bench. the rockets can surely hold their own without him but yes its going to be more difficult.

the rockets are a scrappy bunch of guys. atleast now we can run the floor more without yao slowing them down. i dunno, we shall see

First Mutombo now Yao. Game over I'm afraid.

Dikembe played 18 seasons; 11 times he played at least 70 games.

Yao has only had 4 seasons of 70+ games.

They should make of poster of Yao on crutches with the following banner:

FRAGILE - Made in China

He's 7'6" and well over 300 lbs. He's not like the rest of us. We should give the guy a break. He works harder than anyone else out there.

Maybe it's not wise to keep a guy who can't stay healthy on the roster but give the guy credit for what he can control.

Maybe the Rockets should make a poster of Rammer with the banner:

WARNING! - Fair Weather Fan

I'm not a fair weather fan. I'm just far more impressed with a 5'11", 160 lb point guard(Brooks) and a 6'6"(Hayes) stopper playing against 7-foot centers than I am rooting for giants.

I'll root for the tough, undersized underdogs everyday. ;)

Great game. The TC exploded when Aaron Brooks made that crazy shot at the end of the third. Couldn't hear a damn thing. Tickets were nearly half off for this game because we lost Game 3 and no one gave us a chance. If we win on Tuesday in LA, Game 6 tickets (go on sale Tuesday at noon), will be through the roof.