Either way this has been a season to cherish.

This is so true, after all the Rockets have delt with, all the pessimism that we wont make it out of the first round, so much doubt but so much heart and passion. Truelly a season to remember no matter the outcome.

I say Game 7 Rockets by 2

The Rockets team we saw in Game 5 was a fluke. They shot horribly and I don't think they're capable of shooting that bad again. They were missing wide open shot after wide open shot. (turnovers were a huge issue though and that "team" could come back for sure)

It always comes down to the same things, doesnt it? I see it no differently this time. Shoot a decent percentage, keep the turnovers down and box out.

40 points is a sign of some very serious problems, though.

Anyway, did you see the crisp passes in this game? They were like fireballs. Clearly Adelman made them work on passing for 10 hours a day between the two games.

Edited by kylejack

While Houston is small compared to L.A., we are one of the larger NBA cities.

Here is a list of NBA cities with their MSA(Metropolitan Statistical Area) rankings in order.

(1) New York Knicks

(2) Los Angeles Lakers/Clippers

(3) Chicago Bulls

(4) Dallas Mavericks

(5) Philadelphia 76'ers

(6) Houston Rockets

(7) Miami Heat

(8) Atlanta Hawks

(9) Washington Wizards

(10) Boston Celtics

(11) Detroit Pistons

(12) Phoenix Suns

(13) Golden State Warriors(San Francisco/Oakland/Fremont)

(16) Minnesota Timberwolves(Minneapolis/St. Paul/Bloomington)

(21) Denver Nuggets

(23) Portland Trailblazers

(25) Sacramento Kings

(26) Cleveland Cavaliers

(27) Orlando Magic

(28) San Antonio Spurs

(33) Indiana Pacers(Indianapolis/Carmel)

(34) Charlotte Hornets

(39) Milwaukee Bucks

(41) Memphis Grizzlies

(44) Oklahoma City Thunder

(46) New Orleans Hornets

(49) Utah Jazz(Salt Lake City)

*It's hard to rank the New Jersey Nets, especially since they are trying to move to the Bronx*

*Toronto is about the same size as Houston*

Seattle Supersonics would have been 15th.

San Diego is most deserving of a team at 17th.

Houston has a larger population than current playoff teams Orlando & Cleveland combined.

Stern's nightmare scenario: Utah Jazz vs Milwaukee Bucks

40 points is a sign of some very serious problems, though.

True, but were it not for a slight breakdown in the 4th Quarter...30 points is a sign of serious problems too, right?

This game could go any way. Either team could blow each other out or lose by 2 points. Who knows what'll happen.

I believe that actions start with your thinking. Whoever has the best mindset going into the game I believe will prevail.

Edited by lockmat

We will probably know the outcome after the first quarter. There hasn't really been any really close games and in every game of this series you could anticipate who was going to win after the first quarter.

Yes the team that has won the first quarter has won every game.

Actually, i hope Kobe does go for 40 as long as the Rockets don't allow him to get his teammates involved. That will be a good sign for us. The key for us is limiting TURNOVERS and taking good shots. I also feel we should mix it up(going inside and also taking some 10-15 ft jumpers). Keep the Lakers guessing! The Rockets need to stick to their game plan of making Kobe take those jumpers and not penetrating to the hoop. We ca live with his 20-23 foot jumpers. If we lose by poor shooting, i can live with that, i just hate us having turnovers cause that doesn't give us any kind of shot. If we can keep this game close in the 4th quarter, you will see the Lakers kinda panic.

Edited by sifuwong

If you weren't already familiar with Jackson's incredible coaching career, you'd think Phil was a rookie coach in this series! ;)

I maintain that Jackson is an overrated coach. He hasn't just had good players on his teams, he's always had the greatest players. I'll be convinced of his greatness if he can win a championship with the team that shares his building (Clippers).

I'll be convinced of his greatness if he can win a championship with the team that shares his building (Clippers).

the Clippers are a lost cause. look at their track record. no one can bring that team back from the dead, especially with them in LA. they need to move elsewhere for any hope of resurrection.

the Clippers are a lost cause. look at their track record. no one can bring that team back from the dead, especially with them in LA. they need to move elsewhere for any hope of resurrection.

I think the problem with the Clippers is much less location than it is management (specifically, ownership).

I checked out there records on Wikipedia.

If accurate, wow, they don't have much going for them.

I think the rockets need Artest back. Regardless of if he is the dribble maniac, or the guy who decides to pass when he knows he isnt making shots, his presence on the team is unmatched.

He brings an edge to this team that hasnt been seen in a long time. I believe that Artest can continue to grow and mature to where he wont take as many crazy shots or dribble to much. He needs more time to trust teammates.

I also think Ron knows this team if healthy can give him the championship he wants so bad. So why leave a great organization, a unified team that he gets along with.

I say kepp RonRon.

Not so lost anymore, they just won the Blake Griffin draft sweepstakes.

Hmmmm... Sacramento falls from 1st to 4th. Los Angeles moves from 3rd to 1st. Hmmmm... <_<

Anyone remember Patrick Ewing in 1985? ;)

Hmmmm... Sacramento falls from 1st to 4th. Los Angeles moves from 3rd to 1st. Hmmmm... <_<

I had seen something scrolling on the bottom of the LA/Denver game tonight about that but didnt have an idea what they were sayin, it just said they were goin to talk about "Clippers get lucky" at halftime. thats interesting though

This won't necessarily improve the Clips one iota. It won't be the first time they've had a No. 1 pick.

Anyone know what Michael Olowokandi is doing these days ;)

Do yall see anything the rockets need to make a NBA finals run besides a good backup for Yao and being healthy?

i cant think of anything else we need besides a more reliable big man or backup big man.

Definitely a defensive backup center who can play at least 13 minutes.

Yao should be banned from ever playing more than 35 minutes per game.

Yao is 28...going on 40.

Definitely a defensive backup center who can play at least 13 minutes.

Yao should be banned from ever playing more than 35 minutes per game.

Yao is 28...going on 40.

yeah, i did see some stats on yao's minutes as the playoffs drew closer, and in the playoffs. He definitely cannot play so many minutes, those extra minutes could have put just enough strain and punishment on his foot for it to fracture

yeah, i did see some stats on yao's minutes as the playoffs drew closer, and in the playoffs. He definitely cannot play so many minutes, those extra minutes could have put just enough strain and punishment on his foot for it to fracture

Do y'all think Yao would've been injured if Deke hasn't had his career-ending injury early in the playoffs? He could've taken some of Yao's minutes and maybe mitigated his risk of injury.

Do y'all think Yao would've been injured if Deke hasn't had his career-ending injury early in the playoffs? He could've taken some of Yao's minutes and maybe mitigated his risk of injury.

Mutombo's injury was HUGE. Defense wins championships.