he needs to just sit his butt on the bench till he decides to play some ball or not. he is costing the rockets way to many turnovers

Not to mention poor decisions in the 4th quarter. The next time I see him hold the ball at the top of the arc and let the shot clock run down before pulling up for a 30% shot I'm going to scream! Again!

• 1 month later...
Everyone on sports talk radio today can't figure out why the Rockets would do it. Maybe the GM knows something we don't. I don't follow them very closely, I haven't really heard of any of the players.

I think they made a trade just to make a trade. Or maybe Rafer's mouth finally caught up to him.

Thanks for that NYtimes article posting, Lockmat. Long but good read.

Another Rockets article...

The NBA's Best Owner...With a financial windfall and a consistently winning team, the Houston Rockets' Leslie Alexander is tops.

That track record is why Alexander tops our list of the NBA's best owners. In the past six years, the Rockets have nearly doubled revenue, to $156 million from $80 million, helping grow the club's valuation to $469 million from $278 million in 2003--all while playing in a mid-sized market that falls in the NBA's bottom third in median income. On the court, the team has won 58% of its games over the past five seasons, while earning four playoff appearances.

Falling in just behind Alexander is San Antonio's Peter Holt (47% valuation growth and two titles since 2003), Detroit's William Davidson (69% valuation growth and a championship) and Miami's Mickey Arison (66% growth in one of the league's poorest markets, plus a title in 2006).

http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/03/nba-houst...3nbaowners.html

Another Rockets article...

The NBA's Best Owner...With a financial windfall and a consistently winning team, the Houston Rockets' Leslie Alexander is tops.

That track record is why Alexander tops our list of the NBA's best owners. In the past six years, the Rockets have nearly doubled revenue, to $156 million from $80 million, helping grow the club's valuation to $469 million from $278 million in 2003--all while playing in a mid-sized market that falls in the NBA's bottom third in median income. On the court, the team has won 58% of its games over the past five seasons, while earning four playoff appearances.

Falling in just behind Alexander is San Antonio's Peter Holt (47% valuation growth and two titles since 2003), Detroit's William Davidson (69% valuation growth and a championship) and Miami's Mickey Arison (66% growth in one of the league's poorest markets, plus a title in 2006).

http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/03/nba-houst...3nbaowners.html

AH! you beat me to it lockmat. pretty interesting article though

AH! you beat me to it lockmat. pretty interesting article though

;)

I'm sure Drayton would be up there for baseball too. I know fans hate to hear it, but he's done great (from what I've heard) as a business man running this team. No championship, but good business. Truthfully though, he's put us in the playoffs lots.

• 3 weeks later...
after watching Kyle Lowry since the trade, i must say i am pretty impressed and think the rockets made a good trade. he surely isnt afraid to sacrifice himself for the team and drive it to the hole when no one else is producing ^_^

Daryl Morey is a genius.

after watching Kyle Lowry since the trade, i must say i am pretty impressed and think the rockets made a good trade. he surely isnt afraid to sacrifice himself for the team and drive it to the hole when no one else is producing ^_^

I loved watching this guy at Villanova and I knew he would be a solid pickup. I think he's still getting better too.

Has anyone posted this yet?

Carl Landry of the Houston Rockets was shot last night on the 3100 block of Leeland. Here's the link:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6316071.html

Crazy! Luckily, it's a flesh wound and not too serious.

I was really close to buying a townhouse about 3 blocks from here (Delano City Views). .

This is a rare occurrence that just happened to happen to someone famous. Had it been anyone else, it wouldn't have made the paper. If this one instance is going to deter you from buying over here(this happened a block from me) then you made the right decision. You clearly don't have the intestinal fortitude to handle living in a transitional hood. Like I said, this type of thing is rare over here and this is the first time in 3 1/2 years I've heard of anything like this happening around here. Not saying it doesn't of course, but this could have happened anywhere in the city.

This is a rare occurrence that just happened to happen to someone famous. Had it been anyone else, it wouldn't have made the paper. If this one instance is going to deter you from buying over here(this happened a block from me) then you made the right decision. You clearly don't have the intestinal fortitude to handle living in a transitional hood. Like I said, this type of thing is rare over here and this is the first time in 3 1/2 years I've heard of anything like this happening around here. Not saying it doesn't of course, but this could have happened anywhere in the city.

Defensive much?

When I say I was going to buy a townhouse there, this was over a year ago. I ended up buying elsewhere because of proximity to work. It had nothing to do with me having the "intestinal fortitude" that you clearly have to handle it. If I was working in downtown, there's a high possibility I would've bought there. I was not trashing your hood, merely reporting news that I think people would want to know.

Not a good place to be at 4 in the morning. Hope he's okay. The Rockets really need him.

Unfortunately, I think he was shot a few blocks from where he lives (new townhomes on Leeland). KTRK reports he was running to his neighbors' homes for help.

Landry was apparently the victim of a random shooting. He was driving in the 3,000 block of Leeland at around 4am when two men rear-ended his car. When Landry got out to see what had happened, at least one of the two men shot him in the leg. Landry sustained a flesh would and ran to several of his neighbors' homes to try to get someone to help him.

One of his neighbors who didn't want to be shown on camera said he had no idea it was Landry outside his door who needed help. He showed us the trail of blood Landry left behind.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=...article-6713932

Article reads:The incident happened in the 2900 block of Leeland, a short distance southeast of downtown, at about 2:30 a.m., Houston police said.

Anyone stupid enough to be in that area of town that LATE at night, well, that tells all. :wacko:

Its misleading stories like that stereotype all of this 20-30 plus radius miles of area as a negative environment. Truthfully, anything even west of Cullen heading into DT is really fkd up especially at night. Take a cruise thru there and see.

Here we go again another unknown originator of topic vanishes after they post these flaky stories. :lol: Perhaps he was trying to score while he was in that area? Self explanatory people. Remember that other player that got killed at rr crossing on Lawndale near Telephone a yr ago? No, thats right he was buying a loaf a bread at 4am. Doyyy. <_<

Edited by Vertigo58

Article reads:The incident happened in the 2900 block of Leeland, a short distance southeast of downtown, at about 2:30 a.m., Houston police said.

Anyone stupid enough to be in that area of town that LATE at night, well, that tells all. :wacko:

Landry lives (among other homeowners) in the 2900 block of Leeland...