Great game. That was fun as hell watching that. And while we may not win the series, we'll at least be coming back to Houston and it's great knowing we wont be going out without a helluva fight.

Rosen has a good article, ripping LA a new one.

In short, the Rockets displayed every characteristic that the Lakers lacked: hustle, toughness, passion and intelligence.

Edited by Highway6

So much for getting tickets.

I was psyched about getting me some cheap 'ol $18 seats (was willing to pay $55). Me and my friend were ready to double team the Rockets box office but then I logged on to clutchfans.net and found out there was a Rockets Insider pre-sale at 10am this morning!

Went to flash seats only to find the cheapest were already being resold above my price range.

Oh well, gotta wait for game 3 of the next round I guess :)

just curious, what is the most any of you would be willing to pay for a sports ticket? I tried getting Astros world series tickets and would have paid over $100 for them (I'm sure some of you high rollers are laughing so hard your cigar is about to fall out). I would have paid that much for a game 7 in the western conference semis or any game in the finals, but not second round when we dont even have our stars.

Make sharp passes (not soft lobs), make a few of those shots and the Rockets would have been right in that one.

They went from one extreme to the other from Game 4 to 5. If they can at least find a middle ground, I think they'll be just fine tomorrow.

I think them shooting so many bricks was just as much of a phenomenon as them making all those shots in Game 4. They're professionals and should be able to make open shots. No way they shoot that badly again.

Even forgiving the poor shooting, the turnovers were ridiculous. Turnover -> Lakers fastbreak score was basically the entire game over and over.

Kevin Harlen sounded like a broken record. "And the Rockets turn it over again."

It just really irks me how you can be so careless by lobbing a pass to someone knowing there is a defender right there. I'm talking about times when the Rockets get a rebound and are going on offense. These guys have been playing for YEARS. Make sure there is nobody around you and it's clear to pass it out. This is the playoffs, every posession counts. These guys would not be able to handle the mentality NFL players do, where every play counts even more.

No concentration at all and complete carelessness. ridiculous.

Also, I'm not sure what Adelman is telling Ron. He goes from being Houston's hero a couple of days ago to everyone loathing it ever time he touches the ball. I can't believe that Adelman is just letting him get away with his endless dribbling without a word.

Last point...the rockets must set up an inside presence. I know they can do that partially by driving, but I don't believe that's enough. Scola is a great post up player and Artest needs to get in there too. Landry should be posting up when he gets in there, too. There's just no excuse. We cannot live and die by the three, and we DON'T HAVE TO either.

It also seemed like the defense has cooled off this game. Battier was doing great earlier getting his hand right in the face of a guy who was shooting without fouling him and I didn't see that last night.

To be honest, I think the Lakers are a better team than the Rockets. What the Rockets have been very good at is fully exploiting the Lakers when the Lakers make mistakes or slack off. Just not last night.

Edited by kylejack

You're right, the defense did cool off a little bit.

But I think part of that was LA was simply making shots they should have been making before, but weren't.

And Charles is right, it shouldn't have taken a Rocket scientist to get the ball into Gasol. Only took them five games.

Another think I observed was that the Lakers are simply longer than the Rockets, even with Yao. They were grabbing rebounds we should have got, even when we had inside position. All the did was reach over and grab it or tip it to themselves. The Rox really need to box out better.

Discovery Green had technical difficulties numerous times.

haha, yeah. It didn't bother me too much. Did you ever hear what happened? It seemed like it was Satallite and projector issues. I was along the north edge of the lawn half way up. That was pretty cool watching it there and it helped the weather was awesome.

Game 7 predictions anyone?

I say Rockets by 5!!

What a game, what a team? When was the last time we saw a Houston team fight like this and have this much heart? It's been a LONG time, ok, maybe the 'stros on the World Series run, but it's been 12 years for the Rox. Thank you Darryl Morey and Rick Adelman for making this a fun playoff push! And thank you to Battier, Brooks, Landry, Scola... for your heart and team first attitude. Poor Kobe and Phil.... :D

What a game, what a team? When was the last time we saw a Houston team fight like this and have this much heart? It's been a LONG time, ok, maybe the 'stros on the World Series run, but it's been 12 years for the Rox. Thank you Darryl Morey and Rick Adelman for making this a fun playoff push! And thank you to Battier, Brooks, Landry, Scola... for your heart and team first attitude. Poor Kobe and Phil.... :D

don't forget chuck hayes!

I think Ron deserves a lot of credit for keeping the team believing too.

The Rockets team we saw in Game 5 was a fluke. They shot horribly and I don't think they're capable of shooting that bad again. They were missing wide open shot after wide open shot. (turnovers were a huge issue though and that "team" could come back for sure)

It always comes down to the same things, doesnt it? I see it no differently this time. Shoot a decent percentage, keep the turnovers down and box out.