Von Wafer has signed a 2yr deal with Olympiacos of Greece. I'm sure this is a result of not seeing eye-to-eye with Rockets management. However, I really wish there wasn't a falling out as we could really use his services this year with all our injuries.

Yeah, that stinks a lot in my opinion. I loved watching him play.

• 1 month later...

The Rockets are set to release their new slogan and alternate uniform next week, but the Press scooped the new slogan already: We Are Red Nation

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2009/09/rockets_red_nation.php

Um...not so sure about that myself. Although mostly because it's boring, not because it sounds like a Commie takeover. ;)

• 1 month later...

I guess everyone else has written off the Rox already, so you haven't seen them play yet this year.

Get with the program people!!!

I'm loving watching this Rockets team. THIS is how basketball is supposed to be played. This team has gotten me giggly happy when watching them.

Check out this article in response to their win in Utal last night, it's pretty good. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/283461-chuck-hayes-leads-houston-rockets-in-colossal-utah-romp-believe-it

I guess everyone else has written off the Rox already, so you haven't seen them play yet this year.

Get with the program people!!!

I'm loving watching this Rockets team. THIS is how basketball is supposed to be played. This team has gotten me giggly happy when watching them.

Check out this article in response to their win in Utal last night, it's pretty good. http://bleacherrepor...romp-believe-it

They are definitely more exciting than the Van Gundy sleep walking years. 

The Rockets are set to release their new slogan and alternate uniform next week, but the Press scooped the new slogan already: We Are Red Nation

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2009/09/rockets_red_nation.php

Um...not so sure about that myself. Although mostly because it's boring, not because it sounds like a Commie takeover. ;)

I don't see a problem with it. In fact, I like it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Trades looking better and better:

UPDATE:

The Rockets deal of Tracy McGrady to get Kings guard Kevin Martin will move McGrady and Kings point guard Sergio Rodriguez to New York, with the Rockets getting forward Jordan Hill, the eighth pick of the 2009 NBA draft.

The Rockets will also get Knicks forward Jared Jeffries, the right to switch first-round picks in 2011 and a first-rounder in 2012, a person with knowledge of the deal said.

The Rockets will also acquire Kenny Thomas and center Hilton Armstrong from the Kings in the deal, sending Carl Landry, Joey Dorsey and cash to Sacramento.

The addition of the Knicks to the Rockets deal with Sacramento agreed upon early Thursday is largely the deal the Rockets had considered with the Knicks. Guard Larry Hughes will go to Sacramento.

Chronicle

Mcgrady's officaly gone, K-Mart is arriving and we loose Landry. What do you think about Trade

Im glad McGrady is gone. I havent followed the rockets for bout a year but it seemed to me he never really made a difference. He was never there because he was always hurt. Ugh.

Trades looking better and better:

Chronicle

There's a lot of potential upside in this trade. Jordan Hill is the most physically gifted player that this team has had in a while, the question is whether he can develop and Rick Adelman has a great track record for developing talent.

The Knicks just freed up all kinds of cap room to chase LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, but if they don't land them - they will be terrible (again), and the draft picks from this deal will have huge value.

My prediction is that two years from now this is going to look like a great deal.

Our chances of playoffs this season has faded significantly...upsetting. But as Houstonians we are used to this because frankly the Astros do it every season

It's a coin toss really. We are 2 games out of being in top 8 seed for playoffs. We lose our main bench scorer and 4th quarter scorer, but Kevin Martin could easily make our starting unit more potent and pick up the slack.

• Like 1

Our chances of playoffs this season has faded significantly...upsetting. But as Houstonians we are used to this because frankly the Astros do it every season

Getting swept by the Lakers or Nuggets really sounds that good to you? Missing the playoffs and getting a better draft pick would be better in the long run.

I like the scoring and all but the game last night shows how much we need Battier, Ariza and Lowry. Also, I think it is good for young guys to get some minutes.

Some defense would be nice. General rule in basketball - if you let the other team shoot 67% - you're probably going to lose - badly.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed this season for the most part, wish we were in the post season. The reason I enjoyed watching them is because they were good and played hard, and they are going to be in contention for west conference title next season when Yao is back in the middle. But to beat the Lakers in a game 7 on the road to me, they are going to need another big that can produce 20 and 10 a game. That big is Chris Bosh. Started a fanpage on facebook to help get Bosh to Clutch City. Go Rockets!

I enjoyed this season for the most part, wish we were in the post season. The reason I enjoyed watching them is because they were good and played hard, and they are going to be in contention for west conference title next season when Yao is back in the middle. But to beat the Lakers in a game 7 on the road to me, they are going to need another big that can produce 20 and 10 a game. That big is Chris Bosh. Started a fanpage on facebook to help get Bosh to Clutch City. Go Rockets!

If they can play like they did at the beginning of the season, they'll be fine next year. If they play like the rest of their season...no dice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They drafted Patrick Patterson, 6'9" junior forward from Kentucky with the 14th pick.

I didn't know anything about him but have watched 3 extensive interviews of him on youtube. Morey is a genius.

This guy could have been a lottery pick last year. He had great stats every single year he played and it seemed last year was his best year.

It seems like the Rockets draft and acquire level-headed guys. In his interviews, he's very well spoken, thorough, thoughtful and honest. You can tell he's really mature and he's gonna stay out of trouble and work really hard. Good to hear he graduated with a communication degree in three years.

Rock solid pick, I'm excited.

Check out his awesome stats. High ppg and field goal percentage and a good offensive rebounder. Heck yeah!

http://www.nba.com/d...rick-patterson/

interviews:

http://www.draftexpr...Patterson-1225/

edit: found this awesome story about him http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=jn-patterson101609

Edited by lockmat