What makes it worse is that was his 2nd time this series he has lost us a game by poor ball handling when all he has to do is get the ball up court and get fouled. Really disappointed in him and the fans that emphatically defend him no matter how poorly he preforms this season.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I want Lin to play well but I get nervous when he is on the court. Could my qualm be due to McHale's choices of when to put Lin in, sure it is possible.

At the same time however, McHale isn't the one that has consistently been running too fast down the court and missing point blank lay ups, or shooting no where near the hoop air balls. Jeremy Lin did play better in Game 5 but he tends to make more risky passes, or like he did in Game 4 hold the ball for an absurd amount of time and pass it to someone else to shoot.

Many on the team deserve criticism, especially Harden's passive play style as of only having some 11 points going into the 4th quarter last night (I believe).

It is the holding the ball and turn overs that are killing the team and Lin has been front and center in those categories for much of the second half of the season.

I want our boys to do well, but right now I don't have faith when the ball is in Lin's hands.

Edited by fatesdisastr

What makes it worse is that was his 2nd time this series he has lost us a game by poor ball handling when all he has to do is get the ball up court and get fouled. Really disappointed in him and the fans that emphatically defend him no matter how poorly he preforms this season.

In that situation you want to run time off the clock, he did the right thing (versus that foul he gave in game 2; see 

). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

edit: ^video unrelated to game 4 comment below.

If you rewatch that last play, he tries to wind down the clock, gets the ball stolen, then runs across the court to defend and then again runs across the court to close out on Mo Williams. Lin hustles so it's hard for me to be critical when a ref call this way or that could have swung at least 3 of the 5 games played so far. 

Edited by infinite_jim

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the offseason, the Rockets appear positioned to move assets to pick up Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Love. Given New York's situation, a package of Lin, Asik, Parsons, and a future 1st rounder might be enough to land 'Melo. Asik and Lin come off the books following this season along with Amare. The Knicks could start over and the Rockets get the 3rd piece they need.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was like, "what?!" when I opened espn a few hours ago.

We have to remember though, we still have two of the best players in the NBA, so while we're not gonna be as good as we thought, it's not the end of the world.

He probably would have been an upgrade, but i'm still not a huge Bosh guy. I also am glad that this hopefully means we keep Jones. People are kind of down on him but I think he still has a lot of room to grow and become a potential all-star.

• Like 1

Parsons not matched. We sub Ariza for Chandler. Ariza is a better perimeter defender and spot up shooter, so he might fit better in the Rockets' system.

We should have an $8.3 million trade exception for Jeremy Lin. We could pair that with Nick Johnson and a couple of other assets (e.g. 2015 NOLA 1st rounder) to see if Boston might bite on a Rajon Rondo trade.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I've been wanting to make a thread for the new season for a while but really haven't been sure what kind of team we have so far this season. It is apparent with many roster changes, some new faces and old, that this team is very much different than last years.

So far the young season for the Rockets has been dominated by injuries. With Pat Bev currently moving in and out of the disabled list, on which Terrance Jones is becoming a main stay with his injuries and D Howard joining him as of recently.

I know many people around the league and probably here, who follow basketball are scratching their heads as to how such a team can be 16-4 out of the gate.

This team has a lot of scrappiness to them and their three point game has been outstanding thus far.

Can they be a team that can go far in the post season? Are they a better team than last seasons? Have we just gotten lucky so far this young season?

Curious as to what Haifers think about this 2014-15 Rockets team.

I've been wanting to make a thread for the new season for a while but really haven't been sure what kind of team we have so far this season. It is apparent with many roster changes, some new faces and old, that this team is very much different than last years.

So far the young season for the Rockets has been dominated by injuries. With Pat Bev currently moving in and out of the disabled list, on which Terrance Jones is becoming a main stay with his injuries and D Howard joining him as of recently.

I know many people around the league and probably here, who follow basketball are scratching their heads as to how such a team can be 16-4 out of the gate.

This team has a lot of scrappiness to them and their three point game has been outstanding thus far.

Can they be a team that can go far in the post season? Are they a better team than last seasons? Have we just gotten lucky so far this young season?

Curious as to what Haifers think about this 2014-15 Rockets team.

I think these early season injuries have been a blessing in disguise. Once Jones and Howard come back, the Rockets will have true depth with a bench that has played major minutes and won a lot of games. Harden is twice the player he was last year but I'm concerned about the minutes he's having to play. He may fade out in the long run. So far, I like what I see. 

• Like 1

It is amazing to see them tied for the best record in their division without having all their starters playing since the first couple of games. When I look at the game stats the next day I don't recognize half the names. Of course because I have Dish I still don't get to see them on TV. I may have to convert to Direct TV or something. (Anything but Comcast)

• 5 weeks later...

Josh Smith has looked quite good coming off of the bench. Corey Brewer seems to be a good addition as well. I am not sure where T. Jones will find a spot in the rotation once he gets healthy again.

I suspect the Rockets will be active at the trade deadline once more. The Suns may be interested in moving Dragic (assuming they are out of playoff contention) and the Nuggets may similarly want to move on from Ty Lawson. Dragic's silky touch would be lovely back on the Rockets. Lawson would also fit the Rockets M.O. (he can create a lot of three point shots), although I am not sure his style would gel as well with Harden.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Rockets Player Shot In The East End Last Night
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/rockets/article/houston-rockets-hire-ime-udoka-head-coach-17915961.php

"A year after guiding the Boston Celtics to the NBA Finals, Ime Udoka will restart a once thriving coaching career with the rebuilding Rockets. 

Undeterred by Udoka’s ignominious departure from the Celtics after one greatly successful season, the Rockets chose him to succeed Stephen Silas, a person with knowledge of the decision said Monday. Having reached an  “agreement in principle,” Udoka will become the 16th coach in franchise history."

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

RIP Robert Reid - Even after he had retired, he still seemed to have a lot of energy. Loved listening to him on 1560 The Game when he was on their shows.  

Robert Reid obituary: Former Houston Rockets star dies at 68 (houstonchronicle.com)

"Robert Reid — who played 10 seasons with the Rockets, including as a key member of the franchise’s first two NBA Finals teams — died Monday at 68 after a battle with cancer."

• Sad 3