Rockets’ free-agent plan may be two-pronged

Rockets may try to get Johnson as well as Bosh. Seems like a long shot IMO, but with Martin's injury history may not be a bad idea. One thing I'm tired of seeing is our star players in suits.

Have yall seen this yet?

Bring Chris Bosh to the Houston Rockets

Edited by T 2 THA C

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well it looks like we have offically started rebuilding as Battier and Brooks are gone which leaves Chuck as the only player left from The McGrady-Yao-VanGundy ERA

Rockets moving forward

I hope Thabeet becomes a "NBA" player soon enough, but I believe he will protect the rim way better than anybody we have now. Funny how Shane was our best shot-blocker, but Thabeet should be better (shot-blocker @ the rim) and also should change alot of shots as well. Like Hakeem he has not played Basketball his whole life, and comes from a soccer background. If anybody can help him it would be Hakeem The Dream. I also believe Dragic should be improvement on defense over Brooks, but not as good offensivley. I hope this trade will allow the Rockets to loose more games while gaining more Lottery chances and giving our youth vaulable on court time.

Rockets Deal For Thabeet, Dragic And Carroll

Morey's Take

Olajuwon Works With Thabeet

I think that these were relatively solid moves. Let's face it. This team wasn't going to make the playoffs anyway and Battier is really much more valuable to a contending team than he is on a mediocre team. I like Brooks, but I think that he's better as a Nate Robinson type, coming off the bench and providing a scoring burst, than as a true point guard. This team is better off with Dragic backing up Lowry.

I don't think Thabeet ever becomes a scorer, but he certainly has the capability to be an impact player on defense.

It's a good risk and if it doesn't pay off, those guys weren't going to take this team to the next level anyway.

• 1 year later...

It seems like it's been a while since we've had a Houston sports team thread, or maybe they just haven't been very active.

Anyway, the Rockets have been making some noise lately.

They added another 1st round pick yesterday to give them three total and they traded another today to move up a few more spots.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8104029/source-houston-rockets-make-trade-milwaukee-bucks-move-12

Will the Rockets get Howard? If so, will it be enough to draw another big name player?

• 2 weeks later...

http://linwords.com/generator.php

this will be an important website for Rockets fans.

The linsurgence of the Houston Rockets will begin soon, now that Jeremy is dribblin for the Rockets!

It's time to get linergized for this team again, as Jeremy can do linpossible things and will bring this team to lintergalactic heights!

Edited by samagon
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Since last seasons forum we have a few questions answered.

Will Dwight Howard come to Houston? Yes

Will Jeremy Lin rebound after the Linsanity hype and pressure of last season? Yes

Are the Rockets able to obtain more depth and use the bench effectively? Yes

With all that has transpired so far this season the Rockets are off to a great 10-5 start. Where do you see the Rockets going with this season, do they have a chance at obtaining another title this year? Will the Howard deal eventually pay off in dividends?

If anything these Rockets are fun to watch and as the chemistry builds they have the potential to be a real powerhouse.

What do you think about our team this year?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I wanted to wait and see how they did later in the season and although they still have trouble with a couple good playoff contenders(LA Clippers and OKC) I'm optimistic in their ability to go deep in the playoffs and hopefully to the finals. They are about to go into one of the toughest stretches of the season though so we will have to see how they are doing at the end of March. The games are always great though, went to a Knicks game and it was so exciting and loud! Would definitely recommend to anyone who had a chance, our super stars are hitting their stride.

• Like 2

SA has a tough schedule ahead as well, but ours is tougher. 2 seed would be great, but realistically i would say that is best case - do you really think we'll catch OKC having to play them twice, miami and indiana? we are basically sitting in a 3-way tie in the 3 spot right now. I'd be happy to just top those 3 and get home court in the first two rounfs.

• Like 1

Getting 2 seed from the Spurs doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. We are 3 games back with 20 games left and we own the tie breaker. I think that's definitely manageable given their injuries should be catching up with them(but they've been "injured" or "old" forever now...) and our current play level is great right now. Granted that means we just have to hold it together through this tough stretch, making sure we don't drop our games coming up against Portland and Clippers so we solidly have the 3. I just hope we can get through the easy ones. Trailing 20-9 against Orlando.

• Like 1